Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Happy Crashmo Day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

All the 3D versions are complete rewrites of the entire game. Which is probably why they stopped doing it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Coin prices are going up...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Where are the Donkey Kong Land games? They are conspicuously absent.

Nintendo has quality standards to uphold.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Is Ketzal's Corridors any good?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I think last year they had the option of some normal vc games for download.

Seemed like a ripoff compared to getting some unique swag you could resell if you didn't want, but if you can't have them send you things, it would work.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

AngryCaterpillar posted:

I see. I understand now, thanks.

:) Here's some proof that I'm not crazy.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/06/club-nintendos-2012-platinum-and-gold-prizes-revealed

Lastly, a new option added for this year – games! Club Nintendo started offering game downloads a few months ago, so Platinum and Gold users can opt to ignore all of the physical prizes to instead score a free digital download instead. The games on offer are Super Mario Kart and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask from the Wii Virtual Console, Metroid II: Return of Samus from the 3DS Virtual Console and Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! from DSiWare (only redeemable on a 3DS, though.) Note that if you go the game download route, you only get to pick one of these listed titles.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

AngryCaterpillar posted:

My confusion came from thinking you had to get gold status every month to receive games. I didn't realise that you only needed that for the rewards at the end of the Nintendo year. I'm not sure it's still limited to one game a month though? I just redeemed a reward game, I'm viewing a second at the moment and it's not giving any warning that I couldn't obtain it.

There's no monthly limit. If you have the coins you can buy as much as you want. The items just rotate every month.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Oh thank you, I got the final one on the list. Apparently, I bought Tales of the Abyss!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

They are North American Club Nintendo codes.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I mean Club Nintendo, that link. I just copied and pasted and it worked.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Har har.

No, I'm just a bit annoyed that since getting my 3DS on release I've managed to enjoy, what, three or four games for it? I just wish we got more proper software support from first and third parties rather than endless shovelware :(

Maybe you should wait for games you are interested in to exist before buying a new system.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Zen Pinball is in the Windows 8 Store and I think is coming to Steam or some other PC platform eventually.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

I think you are mistaking Pinball Arcade with Zen Pinball, the latter being available only on PS3, 3DS, and Android/iOS.

No I'm not. Zen Pinball is also known as Pinball FX 2.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Revol posted:

These are both tempting, seem like the prices they should have been sold at to begin with.

Pushmo is a huge game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Minidust posted:

Just bought a 3DS XL but not sure if I should register it yet. Do Club Nintendo points expire in June or something like that? Or is it just your Platinum status that gets reset?

Your platinum status resets then. Your unspent coins do eventually expire but it's something like 3 or 4 years, so it isn't a big deal. You can check on your account page.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Zelda 2 rules. Stick with it, it starts tough but you get plenty of tools and shortcuts to make it easy as you push through. It's like the game is testing you, and once you pass an obstacle, you don't have to worry about it anymore.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Cheers for this, the PR company that does NOA's press releases is hopeless.
I thought that was you.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Tails Adventure and Shinobi GG (currently on eshop) are both cool.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Is current Club Nintendo reward game Art Style: Aquia any good?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

greatn posted:

I wonder since I have two of those on the Wii if I'll be able to 1.50 upgrade them and get Kirby 3 for free.

There's no shopping cart on the eshop (right?) so that'll probably look the same to them.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Buy either Ghosts 'n Goblins or Mega Man X, get the other for half price! (Wii U VC) - ends June 6

What a weird sale. If you want to do this, make sure you buy GnG first. You save $1.50 extra by doing so.
$9 for both actually sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

elf help book fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 30, 2013

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Is current Club Nintendo game Art Style: Aquia any good?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Now I have to consider the weird idea of using coins on Mario 3 just so I can wait and buy it at a discount on Wii U.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Edoraz posted:

Eh?

Is Spelunker worth the bones? I'm kind of interested now.

It's a classic for how terrible it is, don't actually buy it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

On Mario & Yoshi: "This is the US version of the game with the European title screen". What?

Need that NTSC version for high level Yoshi play! And they changed the title screen because it has a different name in Europe.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Releasing Yoshi at all is too much effort for Yoshi.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

That makes sense, I assume they keep releasing Balloon Fight because of Iwata.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Someone better go today and report on what the free "Luigi Loot" is.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

On my home menu I have a group of Mario games, a group of Zelda games, etc.

Can't wait to need a group of Picross games. :D

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Cherokee Jack posted:

it mean that the Platinum status resets but I still keep my 710 coins and just need to earn 600 more for Platinum for next year?

This is the correct one.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Shoopuf posted:

I just realized that if I do all of my surveys tonight, right now, I will hit Platinum if I buy something worth 5 coins. I don't have a WiiU, so does anyone have a quick, cheap game or app recommendation that will get me that last tiny push?

edit; Anyone have any opinions on that new LEGO game, Legends of Chima? It looks cute, but heck if their video told me anything.

Do you have Gunman Clive? It's popular and set at the minimum eshop price, $2.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Shoopuf posted:

Beat one game first, then link them and beat the other. Basically, best way to play it is not simultaneously to get all of the cool content and the like. (Best way to go that I've heard is: First game > link into second game > link back into first game NG+ > link into second game NG+ to get everything, if you ever feel like playing them that much.)

Does it matter if I get everything in the first game or not? Like should I get all the heart pieces before switching games? Or is it just completion?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Cyra posted:

Ugh, they look neat enough and I love that streetpass stuff, but $5 each? That's just too steep for something like this. What are the chances they'll ever get cheaper?

When you go to buy one, it offers a pack of all 4 for $15.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

greatn posted:

The worst thing about those new streetpass games is there just aren't enough play coins to go around. I live in Alabama, I am not getting a ton of streetpasses. I've had it about a month and gotten 4. So I have to use play coins, but now there are five total games where I would need to spend multiple a day to progress.

They need to let you get more than ten a day I think. Especially since you find yourself spending it on fortune cookies in animal crossing too.

I haven't gotten a streetpass since I installed the new software, but I was curious, can I recruit the same mii in multiple games? That will alleviate the pain a little.

Yeah, just like you get a person in both Puzzle Swap and Find Mii, they appear in all 4 other games as well.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

greatn posted:

You'd think there would be good picross games on cell phones, be they called griddlers or nonograms or what have you, but every one I've tried sucks.

On Android, I really like Nonomatic.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Minidust posted:

Are there really no Club Nintendo surveys for the new Streetpass games? Seems odd. I bought them a few weeks ago.

That bunny took your coins as commission.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

For some reason, I thought Art Academy Sketchpad was going to be free.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I can't buy dsiware because the icons are ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Whoops, someone mentioned Aliens Infestation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi5hWNnsLm0