Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

^^They're gonna drop all the Sega 3D Classics at once and offer 'em as a discounted bundle so we can all get Altered Beast without having to feel like we paid money for Altered Beast.

Is there a list of all the 3D Classics Sega has made so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Dang, I was hoping there was a 3D Fantasy Zone so it could sit next to my copy of 3D Twinbee.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

At $2 each I might just buy them all even tho I own them all on Steam and have played them a ton already. I really liked Edge.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

greatn posted:

US version of Cluclu land? I thought that game was famicom only except for being in animal crossing.

It was an NES launch title.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Mercury Crusader posted:

Clu Clu Land is a pretty fun launch game, though I don't know if it'll be worth $5 to most folks. Urban Champion is like one of the earliest fighting games. It's also not a good game, even back when it was new (I remember when it was new :negative: ).

That being said, I own physical copies of both for my NES, along with pretty much all of the games currently on the Wii U VC, so I wonder why I bother buying VC games in the first place.

Gives you a good reason to replay them!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

It was only 20% off of a $9 game, just buy it if you want it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I come here, thank you PaletteSwappedNinja.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Please pay full price for Toki Tori 2 and then go and buy it again on Steam. :)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

RMZXAnarchy posted:

NOE announced SMB3 but NOA has remained silent.

Of course if they don't release it on the 26th they won't be able to release it in 2013. But they probably know that.

I believe Nintendo can release things on the eshop whenever they want to.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Yeah, but that doesn't mean it doesn't feel lovely when they claim a game will come out within a certain time-frame and it comes out after that time-frame has passed. Its no excuse with loving SMB3, that should've come out the day it was announced.

I mean it doesn't have to be Thursday.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

I hope the Trine devs were telling the truth about devs being given full control over pricing their game and sale prices and all that. It kinda defeats the point if Nintendo can step in the way and say "no you can't do that".

Two Tribes are trying to do a sale where the more games of theirs you own, the better the price is. So that does require some kind of technical cooperation from NOA.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I was in the Wii U shop like an hour ago and it seriously took like 5 minutes to open the app.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Should I get Mighty Switch Force 2 on Wii U or 3DS?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Aw man, Untold's the one on sale? For some reason I thought it and IV were both going on. I really should have snagged that while I had the chance, I really liked the demo for IV.

Don't fret, Atlus puts their games on sale pretty often.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Dehry posted:

Darts Up 3D is $0.99 on that sale, I think a first for the system.

The two Dress to Play games were 99 cents during the big christmastime sale. Thought that was interesting as well.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

oneliquidninja posted:

How's Gianna Sisters and Runner 2? I'm thinking of buying one of these today and Gianna Sisters looks more interesting to me but I figured I'd get some feedback first.

Gianna Sisters levels are long, slow and dull. It claims to be hard but everything is so slow that it's not. The only difficulty is that you can turn off all checkpoints, but the levels are so long that it's not interesting at all. And it wants you to collect a bunch of crap to unlock later levels, meaning you have to take your time and look around.

I absolutely love Runner 2, but I think you could look at videos of that game to know if you would like it or not. I know a lot of people thought the first game was too hard, but it's a wide variety of difficulty options (I always made it as tough as possible on myself, so I can't really speak for them)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Yeah, I do think a really fun game could be made out of Giana Sisters if levels were built make make you use the powers in more interesting ways.

Instead it's just a lot of slowly floating for a platform to grab 3 more gems out of 500 in the level.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I have this bad feeling in the back of my head that we'll get SMB3 the day NES Remix 2 comes out. Because I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to do that, I've never heard of this Renegade game, but apparently Nintendo thinks its important enough for a simultaneous 3DS/Wii U release.

Renegade was the first beat'em up that wasn't completely flat. Think Double Dragon as opposed to Altered Beast.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

What are the odds that Super Mario 3 on VC is Nintendo's big E3 announcement?

Are you gonna buy it?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I believe the Guild games have been on sale at least 3 different times.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Whoa, the Wii U is getting three VC games this week (and two of them are good!).

....Which of those is bad?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Kirios posted:

Is Sonic Lost World any good? I liked Sonic Generations a lot...hoping Lost World is good.

There's a demo. I liked Sonic Generations a lot as well. The demo is... different... from Generations. :/

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja, do you post your eshop updates outside of this forum?

Yechezkel runs the PSN version of this thread and posts updates onto a blog so people can follow that or link it around.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja, please post your eshop updates elsewhere so I never have to read another post about Nintendo on this website ever again.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

AngryCaterpillar posted:

The thread tag is Whine what do you expect

You're right and I'm being serious. :)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Even if Nintendo were to say at E3 "We promise 5 games a week on Virtual Console for the rest of time", I know that it would only last 2 weeks and they'd go back to one every other week immediately.

Good thing they didn't do that.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance is the loving stupidest name for a game I have ever

That's not even the dumbest Kingdom Hearts game name.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Louisgod posted:

You think the names are dumb wait until you play the game! WHEW what loving pieces of horse rear end poo poo. And the people that like the games?? Don't get me started on them wowww whooie.

They're cool.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Mordja posted:

So most of my Club Coins are gonna expire by the end of June, and I'm at 195...just 5 away from using them on Kirby. Is there anything free in the eShop (like Steel Diver or Rusty's) that'll net me that tiny reward?

Yea, download the free trials of Steel Diver and Pokebank and you'll get points from them. Probably Rusty too, I dunno, I paid for that.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

On the original Wii, apps like Netflix would even give you coins.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

When you were a kid you read the manual. Kids these days don't. They aren't dumber than you were; they just grew in a world where manuals are irrelevant and their first instinct is to use the Internet instead of realizing the game comes with a manual.

It took me a bit to figure out there's a run button.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

romanowski posted:

I've played through super metroid three or four times and I got stuck in that one room every single time. never again

I even did skim the manual after getting stuck and missed it. -_-

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

You threw it away?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Club Nintendo, I have a survey that "Expires Jul 1". Does anyone know if this means I will be able to wait until the 1st and fill it out exactly that day? Or will it be expired on that day?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Is NA not getting the Pushmo World discount deal? That sorta sucks, still gonna get it though because Pushmo is the best.

NA eshop never seems to get the "Discount if you own that other game" type deals. Two Tribes wanted to do it with Toki Tori 2 and their 3 classic games but were told they couldn't.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

It's a SEASON PASS!!!!!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Isabelle was just going out of the village to get some groceries and oh no she's caught in this race somehow!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Do not even ask posted:

Did the future Layton games get rid of the pixel hunting for puzzles? I played the first Layton game and the pixel hunting for puzzles drove me mad. The OCD in me made me refuse to brute force my way through the game until I solved the puzzles without using any hint coins and found each puzzle, so I never finished it.

There's still optional hidden puzzles, sorry.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In the last one, absolutly nothing is missable at least. So you could just leave it for later (and then maybe never do them).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

EdibleBodyParts posted:

What are some good logic-based puzzle game downloads? I have already played through the Picross E series and all the NIkoli releases, as well as Mario Picross, but I would love more like these. I find that the 3DS is fantastic for the puzzle games.

Tappingo is meh, since it hardly ever has anything difficult, and although I have played through the Layton series other than the xAA one, I am looking for straight puzzle games, or at least minimal story.

Do you have Pushmo????