Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Probably because they got a working emulator for it on the Wii U more easily. It also gave them an out on that whole SNES Yoshi's Island thing by having the GBA version available instead.

I just pretend it's like playing a GBA game on the Gamecube's Game Boy Player, and the Wii U Gamepad is like a larger Game Boy Advance with backlighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Unless I'm mistaken the "upgrade" only applies to titles you transferred from a Wii system memory, not anything you buy from the Wii shop after the system transfer to the Wii U.

Nope, you can still do the upgrade after the fact. Last year I had leftover Wii Shop Channel points that I put towards Mega Man X on the Wii the day it was made available on the Wii U eShop, and the price of the Wii U version dropped to $1.50.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Wrecking Crew is cool :)

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Thanks to my hoarding of Club Nintendo codes like a dragon hoards treasures, I have 2100+ coins to burn, so I guess I'm getting some good poo poo. Provided the site comes back up.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Haruharuharuko posted:

Ok I know no one else in existence will care but gently caress yes Mappy Land I loved the poo poo out of that game as a kid.

I played the hell out of Mappy back in the day, but never actually played Mappy Land, so I'm curious at the very least.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Ineffiable posted:

I know this is a stupid question but why would I want to get kid icarus over sticker star?

Sticker Star has this weird identity crisis thing going on where it kind of wants to be a "point-and-click-ish" adventure game (get [ITEM] to bypass [OBSTACLE]/[BOSS]) and an RPG-lite and some other stuff going on but it never does any of these things well and you're left with a mess of a game in terms of gameplay stuff.

Kid Icarus: Uprising, on the other hand, is perfect.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Breath of Fire 1? Wasn't that game not released on the Wii VC, instead skipping straight to 2?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

That should be taken as good news because it means maybe Square-Enix is actually going to bring the rest of their catalog over finally.

That's funny.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

whens the Vita Pokemon game?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

amiibo tap is fun if you're trying to see how far you can go in a game/how fast you can complete one of the shorter games before the time limit runs out.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

less laughter posted:

Just buy a WarioWare game, smh

I can't beat Donkey Kong Jr. that fast.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Agreed, it was mostly used as an example of how reviews are bullshit and you can't articulate problems with a number.

Arbitrary numbers are great and I base all of my purchases and opinions of a game based on the average of those numbers by people who are as bad at video games as they are at writing.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

jivjov posted:

A port of 8 is probably never going to happen, but rereleasing 9/10 (perhaps as a combo pack) on the Wii U shop doesn't sound too far fetched to me.

It would require Capcom to acknowledge the Wii U again, and I dunno if they want to do that when they can just port their entire library of Resident Evil games to every console except the Wii U.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I didn't mind the waggle thing for NSMBW that much, until I got NSMBU and I found myself shaking the gamepad due to getting too used to it.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

noirstronaut posted:

Just hook up your 64 and play Paper Mzario

This is what I do since I still have an N64, a copy of Paper Mario, and working N64 controllers. It rules.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Ugh just rgb mod your 64, buy a framemeister upscaler and run it to your TV jeez

That sounds complicated.

Just buy a CRT TV. They're like $5 at your local thrift store, jeez

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

elf help book posted:

Can I buy Nintendo food?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Rirse posted:

Out of all these which are worth grabbing?

I'd say Shinobi III and Space Harrier at the top of the heap.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Amppelix posted:

They posted this

and then this

on their Tumblr, so look forward to the Mighty Switch Force: Academy spinoff where you date police cadets.

kawaii (Japanese word for "cute")

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

If you have a New 3DS the analog nub is treated as a Circle Pad Pro by the game so there's that.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Probably for trade-related stuff.

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Even though the games aren't online so who loving cares if you are cloning and cheating in these 18 year old roms.

Cheaters never prosper.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Fremry posted:

And here I am trying to pay under $80 for Mega Man 5 to finish my NES mega man collection.

I got my copy for $5.

Back in 2000.

Retro game collecting is weird and expensive when you haven't been hoarding poo poo for decades it seems.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Davincie posted:

i don't think shantae is even close to relevant to that

Both games are good

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

The NX is coming out next week according to NeoGAF every week.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I also hope the NX has achievements
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Bb64RMU2Q

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Gumshoe is a fun game. An auto-platformer where you shoot your character to make him jump and also shoot at enemies and obstacles to clear a path for him. I don't believe it was ever released in Japan, though.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

How is this and the GB game? I only played the first N64 one and loved it.

The SNES game has two primary game modes: adventure exploring thing kind of like River City Ransom, and 2D platforming areas. There's quite a lot of variety in the exploring areas, with several mini-games throughout, such as betting on horse races or first-person maze navigation. The 2D platforming areas are pretty standard, except that playing two-player can have both players running the levels simultaneously, and they have some abilities they can use in tandem such as piggyback assault squad. It's in my top ten SNES games for sure.

The Game Boy game is not very good and is ridiculously difficult.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I think the only home versions of Super Turbo were on the PS1/Saturn SF2 collection?

The first home version of Super Turbo was on the 3DO of all things. If you only had the default 3DO controller, it mapped the buttons to the three face buttons, two trigger buttons, and the button that would be the Select button on any other controller, right next to the pause button. There was a six-button pad released for the 3DO but it's rare as hell.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Sudden Javelin posted:

Is it "Nicalis are better now" or "Nicalis are on consoles that are more friendly to post - release patches"? Not being an rear end just curious. The main games I recall them getting poo poo for were Cave Story and La-Mulana, both of which were on the Wii

Most likely the latter, and if I remember right Nicalis never actually published La-Mulana on the Wii because Nicalis, and some other publisher picked up the slack years after Nicalis's initial release date prediction. Nicalis is still bad.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

elf help book posted:

do people seriously care about starlink

I'll probably give it a try eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Skylanders SuperChargers was pretty fun for a clearance game but not so much a full priced game