Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

quote:

3DS eSHOP

The Beet Party: Beet Scratch (video) - €0.99 / £0.89

Why did I buy a 3DS again?

Oh hey, those of you who were tricked by Club Nintendo's shaky wording of the whole free games for 3DSxl thing and registered your 3dsxl without clicking on some banner, (Which I did cos I got an XL at launch) should send Nintendo an email about it within the next few days. They promised to send me a late code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh, yeah sorry that thing was a Euro only offer. I was told to expect a code "some time".

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

irlZaphod posted:

You know that typically we get screwed over with release dates (or releases in general, hi every Atlus game ever, also Petit Computer) a lot more than the US, right? Just because we're getting Mario & Luigi first and got some Tingle game that NA never got doesn't mean you guys have it worse.

We also never got Earthbound. Ever.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
So can we send messages to our friends on the Wiiverse on 3ds? I want to know if Phil the Fish is ok. :ohdear:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Breaking my loving heart here Nintendo.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of May 1):

Note both the Mario Golf promotions for the month of May: there's a discount on the DLC bundle, and you can get a free copy of the GBC game if you buy the new game from the eShop.

Stick It To The Man is some sort of puzzle/adventure game... I'd never head of it, but it's been out on PC/PS3/Vita for a little while and the reviews are good.

Cave Story+ is the pixel version, not the polygonal 3D version.

Denpa Men 3 will be out next week, and as per the previous two games, you'll be able to transfer your demo data to the full game.

The press release doesn't say anything about CV2, so it's probably the PAL version.

If anyone remembers me from the last(?) version of the thread you'll know how happy I am that Cave Story is FINALLY coming out here (in pixelly form). :3: Is that out on Thursday or Friday?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
A door ate me in Cave Story.. :3:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I would do very very bad things for Nintendo World Cup on 3ds. I absolutely loved that game. Most of those games should come out actually, I loved them all.

Edit: wait poo poo, they almost all are already?

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jun 9, 2014

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
This is how I find out River City Ransom was called Street Gangs here. I'm really tempted to drop like €20 on these.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Yeah I generally would grab stuff as I was goin to bed at midnight and have it ready to play on the train to work at 6am. I first experienced many major 3DS releases while bleary eyed and falling asleep

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I can't believe SMT IV is out

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
My one regret from my local GS closing was not getting to nab all their AA carts. Man I need a bigger microsd

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Wait, is the 32gb drive a revision? Jesus Christ Nintendo.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I've passed on a heap of vc games because my drive is full of xenoblade and smash dlc. But I dunno maybe losses like that are made up for by not including a 500gb in there for customers who aren't into that? It's just kind of crippled the console for me, especially when compared to my 3ds!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

jivjov posted:

The 3DS that also requires external storage in the form of an SD card?

True but there are a few differences. SD cards are dirt cheap and I'm swimming in them, the Wiiu needs prope powered external storage and not just cheap thumb drives (which I'm also swimming in).
Could be a regional thing too but a decent hdd here is about as much as a game and I couldn't be arsed to splash out :v:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Yeah that's what I figured their approach was. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the NX because their downloadable stuff since the 3ds has been great.

I wonder, actually if you'll be able to reuse an external drive for NX without having to reformat

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

I was gonna say something negative about this but then I remembered I'm actively bummed about there being no VC Cho Aniki outside of Japan, and realized I no longer had an argument.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

SelenicMartian posted:

Or will it, like all other Level5 collecting RPGs, dig its own niche and lie there?

Lbx should have been a hit :smith:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
That pixel maker thing out on Wiiu this week. I can't find anything online off my phone but is it a pixel art app for WiiU? Because I if I could pixel in bed or on the toilet I'd be super happy.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

greatn posted:

Why is he so obsessed with fetuses.

Old Internet humor.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
So just to be clear cos I heard it before but I'm not sure if its right. You buy a cart or download of one game and then you buy the other two parts from the DLC menu in game for the discount right? Or is it just part 3 that is in the dlc menu?

Also holy crap its finally almost out in Europe!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Both other routes will be purchasable in the in-game DLC menu. Note that you have to play to just past the route split to actually unlock the map location where you can do that, though.

Thanks!

shaitan posted:

Why is there not a fire emblem thread for these discussions?

I'm literally asking a question about the E-shop

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
They'll have to pivot to slots and penny pusher things then so.

In the meantime I hope it means they put the Xbox360 version of Sotn on Switch. I would lose my mind

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Junkie Disease posted:

There are so many things koei could do to make their warrior titles better (level design, ai, interface, grind, loving bullshit dlc) yet after a decade it's clear they are lazy, uninventive, and have lovely programmers

Have you played HW or FEW? If so, were your eyes open? The innovation in Musou games aren't in their main titles any more, but they are really improving with their tie-ins (Not loving Berserk though, that sucked balls)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Gann Jerrod posted:

Ikaruga is coming to the Eshop May 29th, $14.99. I like that they’re going to have a vertical screen mode or otherwise it would have been annoying to play portably.

I've tried to play pinball like that and it's too heavy to balance in your hands vertically. It might be ok to prop on a desk in front of you

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Hyrule Warriors is good and looks good and I like it

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Very glad to pick up Curse of the Moon just for some gorgeous NES-art alone but I'm also contemplating buying Punch club for the 3rd time :sweatdrop:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The one good thing I will say about the Switch eshop is that it's fast, especially compared to that clunky 3ds eshop.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
That Flashback re-release has a mode with "cleaned up" art

Which looks like hot rear end!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I should say that's just one mode, there's a regular version of the game too, though the store entry makes it seem if you want any of the extra features you have to deal with that art, in Flashback, a game remembered primarily for its art

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
There needs to be an Aca Puzzle Bobble so I can never buy another game again.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh man I can't wait to do some jigsaws of random Japanese women on my Nintendo Switch home and portable console

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh no I just looked at the upcoming releases and there's 3 Kairosoft games out next week (in pal at least). Those drat things are like crack cocaine

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Along the same lines I think 60 quid for Diablo 3 is way too much. But it's been out on ps4 for a while and pc for ages so it'll keep until a sale or whatever.

I also have no idea if it runs ok on Switch yet

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

bowmore posted:

consensus is it runs perfectly

I might see if I can check it out later. It's a real shame the pc version never got alternate controls because the old joke about Diablo destroying your hands is now my everyday life :cry:

Edit: Also my local GS has it for €65 fuckin hell

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Why no Puzzle Bobble 1?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I started Undertale. I know I have the option of attacking enemies but why would I do that when I can just threaten the frog and then let it live?

I’m excited to play more of this bizarre game

Exactly.

I really should finish Undertale, I keep ending up in situations were I could play it but with no sound (in work, ahem), and music is such a huge part of the game that end up not playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Hunt down a fabled Canadian Wii