Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

JetpackHowwy posted:

Will Super Meat Boy for Wii U have the old soundtrack, similar to the game on steam, or will it have the new soundtrack, similar to the game on PS4?

From what I remembered on why the soundtrack changed, it is going to be the new one. Unless the developer and composer made up and I haven't heard about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Nintendo does a thing of sending digital discounts to people on their birthday month, right? I could swear I read about that some months ago, but I haven't gotten an email and nothing shows up in My Nintendo, should I just wait or is there some obscure place i haven't checked or was that all a feverdream?

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

From what I remembered on why the soundtrack changed, it is going to be the new one. Unless the developer and composer made up and I haven't heard about it.

voltcatfish posted:

it doesn't have danny b's wonderful soundtrack

so don't buy it basically

Sarchasm posted:

My guess is that all releases of Super Meat Boy going forward will have the new soundtrack. I'd like to be wrong on this one, but I kinda doubt it.

Aww, that's disappointing. I thoroughly enjoyed Danny B's music. Almost to the point where I can't tell if the new soundtrack is outright bad, or if I just really liked the old tracks.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

JetpackHowwy posted:

Aww, that's disappointing. I thoroughly enjoyed Danny B's music. Almost to the point where I can't tell if the new soundtrack is outright bad, or if I just really liked the old tracks.

The old tracks set a high bar. There was bound to be some disappointment no matter how good the new one is.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm not a huge fan of the old soundtrack but the new one sounds like it's from a stock library and is pretty bad.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 3, 2016

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

That was a joke, but their more recent statement, "we asked NOA for $50k to port our game to Wii U and they didn't answer so it's their fault we're not porting the game!" was entirely sincere.

Somehow they went from that attitude to releasing a Wii U version (with basically no promotion, mind you) and teasing a 3DS version. Maybe NOA paid up, maybe they caved in to all the people telling them how dumb they were, who knows.

ImpAtom posted:

The developer can't even get their expansion packs out on a timely manner on every system (or even get it on every system) so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Different developer. BoI Rebirth is a Nicalis joint.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Here are some codes from the humble bundle I'm not going to use.

Darksiders II - Wii U: B0L5T4BY117LR9PG
Retro City Rampage 3DS Theme: B0L95M695D1JTGM8
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure - 3DS: B0L7F04Y1SQY8RDT

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

RZA Encryption posted:

Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure - 3DS

I took this one, thanks!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
if you take a code, say so!

unless you're a filthy disgusting lurker, in which case thank you for reading my posts

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

RZA Encryption posted:

Darksiders II - Wii U: B0L5T4BY117LR9PG

I'll grab this one, thank you kindly

Edit: Well I hope the lurker that took it enjoys it, at least.

Nerdietalk fucked around with this message at 06:36 on May 3, 2016

Sacred Cow
Aug 13, 2007
More Humble (US) codes!

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Wii U
B0L7SQVX3303FSD6

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Nintendo 3DS
B0L86BBT19MJ3FBR

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I thought Nicalis and Team Meat were the same people, cause of the art style and the fetus obsession.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

greatn posted:

I thought Nicalis and Team Meat were the same people, cause of the art style and the fetus obsession.

Team Meat is a specific team of two guys, Edmund McMillen and Tommy Refenes. They've announced a few other games but I think Super Meat Boy is the only thing they've released.

Binding of Isaac was made by one of those guys but not the other, so it's not a Team Meat game.

Binding of Isaac Rebirth is published, programmed and financed by Nicalis, the studio that published and/or hosed with Cave Story, 1001 Spikes, etc; the original creator has some input but he's not the one doing the actual work.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Why is he so obsessed with fetuses.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I downloaded the Pocket Card Jockey demo and holy poo poo that's an amazing experience, I take back all the poo poo i've ever said about Gamefreak's development abilities, this poo poo's amazing and makes up for Pokemon always being the same.

Yeah. I downloaded it on a whim and it was surprisingly addicting. Totally out of left field and great because of that.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wonder if Wario Ware Touched means Nintendo is considering letting people buy DS games for 3ds on the eShop.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

greatn posted:

2000s flash devs, they're all insanely sick and twisted psychos that you do NOT want to gently caress with.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Spacebump posted:

I wonder if Wario Ware Touched means Nintendo is considering letting people buy DS games for 3ds on the eShop.

The only problem is that DSi games have to reside on the very limited internal system memory due to the 3DS dropping into DS mode and all the limitations that come with it. DSi games can be stored on the SD card, but they can't be played from it.

Ziddar fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 3, 2016

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

greatn posted:

Old Internet humor.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Somehow they went from that attitude to releasing a Wii U version (with basically no promotion, mind you) and teasing a 3DS version. Maybe NOA paid up, maybe they caved in to all the people telling them how dumb they were, who knows.

Maybe they actually promised to put Meat Boy in Smash NX.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should go full heel for Smash NX and make it an actual fighting game.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Humble Nintendo Bundle updated with three more games on the pay above average tier.

Swords & Soldiers II and Runbow for Wii U, Nano Assault EX for 3DS.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

In Training posted:

They should go full heel for Smash NX and make it an actual fighting game.

Gross!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

KennyMan666 posted:

Humble Nintendo Bundle updated with Runbow

Thank gently caress I held off on buying it!

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Got some Wii U codes for the EU:

B0LK5TVF1D28RSY4 - Swords & Soldiers II
B0LS71FC46NSKF0B - Runbow

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I just downloaded that new Nano Ex something game from the HB, and it seems to be the neatest of all the 3DS game in the bundle, judging from 5 minutes in (i played all the games 5 minutes in). Cool addition.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

They generally don't add more games after this first one right? Gonna redeem my keys and stop worrying about checking in later.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ineffiable posted:

They generally don't add more games after this first one right? Gonna redeem my keys and stop worrying about checking in later.

Nope, bundles last two weeks and they add games one week in and that's it

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Hey I just realized I didn't get a Citizens of Earth key in that Humble Bundle, so there's got to be a place where I pick between the Wii U and 3DS versions and get the key, anyone know how I do that?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

codenameFANGIO posted:

Hey I just realized I didn't get a Citizens of Earth key in that Humble Bundle, so there's got to be a place where I pick between the Wii U and 3DS versions and get the key, anyone know how I do that?

The option shoulda been at the top of the key page.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I thought it didn't display any keys until you picked one but maybe I'm remembering wrong. You might have to contact their support.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

elf help book posted:

The option shoulda been at the top of the key page.

I'm looking at the key page now and nothing's there. Problem might be that I'm on my phone, I'll check from my computer at home later I guess.

e: yeah I might have to go with support. Thanks :)

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Mr Snips posted:

B0LS71FC46NSKF0B - Runbow

Grabbed this, cheers! I tried the other but it had already been taken.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Dang it, I really wanted Runbow. Is there anyway to get it now without rebuying the bundle?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

XtraSmiley posted:

Dang it, I really wanted Runbow. Is there anyway to get it now without rebuying the bundle?

If you bought the bundle above the average before, you already got it, it's on your key page. If you bought the bundle below the average before, you can go to your key page and there's an option to give them more money.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Turns out I own or don't want pretty much everything in the bundle, so if anyone in Europe wants to trade any of the bundled games (minus a couple, I forget which) for a VC code from NOE's web store, let me know.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

elf help book posted:

If you bought the bundle above the average before, you already got it, it's on your key page. If you bought the bundle below the average before, you can go to your key page and there's an option to give them more money.

Thanks man! This is my first time, and it didn't even hurt!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The toggle to choose which version of the game I wanted was under my purchases and now I have it. Thank you.

The Key Maker
Jul 22, 2007
datblulilbomber
NA Codes, WII U

Affordable Space Adventures - Wii U
B0L8DRBV225423BV
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Wii U
B0L7SYGS0VL7PD56
Freedom Planet - Wii U
B0L7L5QQ0CWHYRLM
Darksiders II - Wii U
B0L5T6224RLGCQQS