Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Sirotan posted:

lmbo poo poo, got picked for a Jeopardy audition and there is literally no way I will pass it. 3 weeks to brush up on presidents, the Bible, geography, and all the other categories I suck at. Anybody who's made it to the audition, got any tips???

I've heard watching a bunch of episodes back to back helps. This reddit user uploads every episode (the google drive ones get taken down in a couple weeks, so just go for the Daily Motion mirror if it's an older ep).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

/u/emileautour posted:

I'm a contestant on tomorrow's show, and so was in the audience for the "You Lost That Lovin' Feeling" ruling, and what you saw in the episode was much different than what happened.

Originally Ryan sang his response, which was judged correct, but caused Alex to respond with a "Oh no, now we'll have to pay royalties!" They stopped tape during the break, and we in the audience thought they were checking to see if it was indeed going to be a rights issue. Instead, they came back and said that, instead of singing the correct title, he instead sang "You" instead of "You've". So, they opted to reshoot the sequence, with Ryan saying his wrong answer instead of singing, and being judged incorrect.

If you noticed that the opponents didn't get a chance on the rebound, that's why.

:allears:

I actually hope he keeps the streak going.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

A Typical Goon posted:

If they accepted ‘Green Market’ they definitely should have accepted ‘teetotaler’

The clue was asking for the name of the movement, not the supporters. Teetotalism only has 2 Es.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

That little pie sketch was the wildest I've seen this show get.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

:psyduck: Elon Musk is not British, is not an inventor1, and is not involved in household appliances.

1 I know the clue said innovator and not inventor, but the the ballbarrow part means the right answer is somebody who's an inventor.

El Jeffe fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 31, 2018

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

HookShot posted:

This might be just me, but FWIW I did not look at the scores at all except for the short daily doubles pause. You just don't really have time to do it.

Speaking of which, I've always wondered where the scores are displayed for contestants. A screen on your podium? Somewhere on the set that's off-camera?

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Ah I see, thanks y'all.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Me every time she spoke:

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

HookShot posted:

You can see them here, with $0 on all three screens.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

She did say ill.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

RIP Larry Martin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUY98xILJWo

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Bif's going to go far, I can tell. I'll just have to get used to how he moves his head when he talks.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

GhostStalker posted:

Almost spoke too soon, but he pulled it out tonight.

I was getting nervous, I gotta say.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

I hate how incredulous Brad looks when Trebek tells him he's wrong. Trebek knows best dude.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

gently caress

Pancreatic's one of the worst ones, isn't it? And stage 4 too... :smith: Best of luck, Trebek.

El Jeffe fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 6, 2019

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtYm8Hq4tfA

Oh and great game by Lindsey!

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Anybody who thinks the buzzer thing is "ruining the show" needs to take a big step back and get the gently caress over themselves. I've barely even noticed it. It's Jeopardy, you're gonna hear some clicking sometimes.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

packetmantis posted:

:psyduck: I confused myself I guess.

It's not just you, I saw an article a few days ago about Trebek signing off for the season. I guess it must have meant they've just filmed the last ep of the season.

Unrelated, anybody know of a non-TV-subscription way to watch since the reddit guy got shut down? :(

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Now that you mention it, they are pretty cheap... :wal:

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

GoT was so garbage this year I actually looked forward to the return of regular Jeopardy and James' streak than the finale.

Make sure to post about it in every thread on the forums! And don't forget to sign the petition!

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

You don't need to dig up Dr. Oz's dirt, he broadcasts it on TV every day.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Well done ___Ike___, wow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

PSXer posted:

Apparently the mystery contestant they announced for the Masters today is... Amy? That's certainly more boring than some of the suggestions people made. :(

Oh the bigoted dipshits in the youtube comments will love that.

Unrelated, I started watching Jeopardy again a few months ago after several years and noticed they always say the full category title now, sometimes even starting to abbreviate it before catching themselves. Did the producers tell them to do that? Supposed to be easier for viewers to follow I guess?