Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Island Nation posted:

It seems Mayim is best used when games are going to be silly by nature making her a fit for Celebrity Jeopardy or any game show with silliness as the draw. She is a comic actress after all.

The problem is in 99% in Jeopardy cases real money is on the line in with contestants playing to win as just being on the show gives you bragging rights especially if you win. That doesn't mean the game should be devoid of all humor (Hell, Ken gave the greatest wrong answer in the show's history) but it's not the focus of the show.

mayim is best used in lovely sitcoms for boomers

and thats it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

So conscious about capitalism he forgot to have enough for final jeopardy!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I doubt Ken would leave The Chase without some sort of long term assurance from J!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Spokes posted:

today's episode, 3/22/23

people get lost a lot in the "optimal gameplay" wagering sauce but when you see someone commit *the* cardinal wagering sin it's so shocking that it's kind of refreshing. i feel bad! what could have possibly possessed her to make that wager!? also i don't think it's useful/helpful/fair to say "they should have known that" but... henry viii portrait painter and you're spotted "hans X the younger"? rough miss in the worst possible circumstances

Top tier game play right there

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

New champ owns.
Hope she goes on a long run.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Noooooooooooooooooooo

goodbye my dear goon princess :(

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Didnt they have 80s Movies as a FJ like a week or two ago?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah those were some lol guesses but it did remind me I need to watch GG:GR again soon

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why was his jacket so huge?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

LOL that FJ guess.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I gotta say "I played magic on a stream once" is some real weak rear end poo poo for a story.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Time to start the Amazon petition.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I dont think ive ever hated a contestant more than the one who sat on $800 for 20 clues just so she could play a meaningless FJ.

but yeah they seem to feed the absolute worst of the worst to these champs sometimes

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

RC and Moon Pie posted:

She got absolutely blistered by Ben. Hope it was nerves and not more of an indicator that the contestants she faced were beyond dire

I mean....they absolutely were. As soon as a decent player showed up it was a runaway.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Kendrick Lamar is a hip hop artist; not pop. That was an odd question , but I guess it's how you look at it, though.

music genres dont mean poo poo and havent for some time. see every Rock and roll hall of fame entree for the last 20 years

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

blast0rama posted:

Sounds like Seacrest is in line for the gig.

that guys still around?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why is the industry still trying to shove Ryan Seacrest everywhere they can? Despite having like 100 jobs he's still like the least interesting person imaginable.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Did this guy yesterday seriously not know how a daily double works? After already being on the show once before?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

RC and Moon Pie posted:

It's been a long time since I've seen someone cost himself a win as much as Mason did tonight.

That was painful to watch

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

It's a Christmas miracle

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why would you ring in on that last clue. It amazes me how people this dumb get on this show.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yogesh doesn't seem as assholish in these games. Actually kinda pleasant

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Oh no it's Arthur "I'm too busy having sex with my wife to know about sports" Chu.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is The Chase over? Is that why all the chasers are coming back to jeopardy?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

PSXer posted:

Apparently the mystery contestant they announced for the Masters today is... Amy? That's certainly more boring than some of the suggestions people made. :(

Amy who just lost two days ago? What the gently caress is even the point of these tournaments if they're just gonna constantly ram the same people down our throats regardless of who wins. Enough already.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I can see James if he won last year's and is defending his title or whatever. Amy already had two chances to get in via other tournaments and didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Great timing. I was just beginning to think to myself that Yogesh wasn't bothering me too much during this tourney, but he always manages to make an rear end of himself. James is cocky but he doesn't act like a dickhead behind the scenes (as far as I've heard).

Right? He actually seemed to be trying to rehab his assholeish personality during JIT. Guess that didn't last long.