Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
I sometimes feel smug because I humanely trained my dog with a clicker. Then I feel like a hypocrite because I trained him to bring me ducks that were probably having a pretty good day until I murdered them.

Every winter I build the cat a snow cave directly under the bird feeder. She outdid herself last year by attacking a wild turkey and I honestly can't wait to watch it again this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Superconsndar posted:

I've never met or seen a toller irl so if I saw one I would probably just assume it was some kind of boring mutt and ignore it but if I knew it was actually a toller I would tell people I saw a toller today but I wouldn't ask you questions about it because I'd assume you were a dumbass and got it to be ~unique~ and don't do anything cool with it and then when you told me it was deaf I'd tack "rescue martyr" on the end of my mental judgement of you and say "Well she seems like a nice dog" and leave whilst rolling mine eyes

Haha this is exactly what I thought when I met someone with three tollers.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Cat Fortress 2013 is finally built, sorry neighborhood birds.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Asiina posted:

Since then I've been absolutely terrified of seeing animals in snow forts.

Snow caves can definitely be dangerous, for cats and people. I always let the pile settle for at least 24 hours before carving out the cave and I keep it shallow enough that her head pokes out, so far so good. She hasn't figured out how to excavate it yet.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Story checks out. Still can't ever imagine naming a cat that.

http://www.google.ca/trends/explore#q=nigga&geo=US

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
We were at a good friend's baby shower and they had invited us and our dog. We're not the kind of people who insist on bringing our dog everywhere with us but they own his sister, the two dogs love each other and they're pretty well behaved and socialized.

We were all sitting in a circle and my dog was going from person to person getting some scratches. Another guest, a guy in his 70s, rubbed his head for a while then, right in front of my eyes and without any warning, pinched my dog's ear as hard as he could "to see what kind of dog he is". My dog yelped and ran over to hide behind me. My confession is that I didn't kick that guy in the head, I honestly didn't know what to say or do. I think I told him not to pinch my dog please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Those eyes. I've trained him to leave it but I can't resist the eyes for very long.

• Locked thread