Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have one kitty litter for two cats, and I clean it usually a couple of times a week. They don't seem to care so meh.

My cats somehow never learned to complain meow so I take advantage of that and hug them far longer than they want because I want to smoosh their little faces and they don't know how to tell me to stop.

Sometimes I'll yell or smack them on the butt if I get really angry, but that's usually only when they've broken something.

Sometimes if I'm bored I'll go find one that's sleeping and annoy him to entertain myself. I'm not sure how much of a confession that is, since I'm pretty sure that's what pets are for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I like to hold onto Simon's tail as he walks by because it's always stiffly up and he makes a high pitched meow whenever someone touches his tail.

Alex likes to lean against me with his back to me. I'll poke his back cause I like the little "brrt!" meows he does whenever I do. Sometimes though he'll wander around the house making that noise for 20 minutes straight and I'll yell at him because it's annoying. Only meow when I want it!

Both Simon and Alex will try to get my attention when I'm at the computer. Simon will walk back and forth rubbing against my legs (he's doing this right now), and Alex will put his front paws on my leg and nudge against my arm. Sometimes I encourage this by petting them, because they're soft and it's cute, but sometimes it's like "Goddamnit stop touching me" and I'll push or kick them away. I send so many mixed signals.

Here is a video of Alex doing it that I took with a potato. http://youtu.be/-zr3l66zNhE

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tim the Enchanter posted:

A lot of poultry shows are held in large metal buildings that trap and magnify sound really well, chickens when startled/angry/happy/whatever will cackle and squawk and make really annoying sounds until they calm down, if there are two they will both start and if there are 1200 they will all start. Sometimes when I get bored of all the racist old chicken people at a show I will sneak into a back corner and start fake cackling just to make all the birds start. I think a thousand cackling chickens in a giant metal box is hilarious,most people get annoyed and go outside.

So basically you're like this guy who gobbles at turkeys?

http://youtu.be/b1UATVEnFog

Awesome.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have smacked my cats heads into so many things. We'll be playing and I'll scoop them up and WHAM! right into the coffee table or desk. They seem fine, but I fawn over them for a while afterwards and they give me this look like "no, I don't want love! I want to play!" and they'll try to bat at my hand as I pet them.

To be fair they'll smack their own heads into doors doing that sudden flip out thing that cats sometimes do. Every once in a while all you hear is a bonk noise from the other room then one will start meowing and walk in like nothing happened. :downs: indeed

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ikantski posted:

Cat Fortress 2013 is finally built, sorry neighborhood birds.

Pictures like this scare the hell out of me, because when I was in school we would watch this French movie "The Dog who Stopped the War", which is about two groups of kids fighting over a snow fort. The snow fort eventually collapses on one of the kid's dogs and the dog dies. Since then I've been absolutely terrified of seeing animals in snow forts. :ohdear:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Topoisomerase posted:

I have a confession. I have always hated Dachshunds, ever since I first started working with dogs. One of the little fuckers was the first dog to bite me and I never ever trusted them ever.

I hate small dogs. All of them. For some reason small dogs are always just so...hard. Like you pick them up and they're light but they just feel like a skeleton with fur on it. I'm not sure if I'm describing the sensation well, but I like soft pets. I like big floppy dogs, and I like cats because even though they're the size of small dogs they are squishy.

Small dogs are so uncomfortable to touch and hold.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

RazorBunny posted:

Sometimes when Leela is being really demanding, I flop down on the bed and force her to be my pillow.

I do this as well. Whenever my cats are being really needy and bothering me for attention, I'll hug them and put my head on them. Then when they struggle I'll yell "BUT THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED?!"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
From the gif thread. I do this every single day and don't even feel bad about it.

No yawning allowed in this house!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Cat Plant posted:

When I go to the toilet and forget my phone for entertainment, I call the cat in for a cuddle to entertain me.

This. This right here. My secret shame.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Whenever I'm in the bathroom Simon likes to run into the bathroom at top speed, jump on the edge of the bathtub, up and around the back of the toilet to the counter and lie down in the sink. He does this so fast I don't really have time to stop him. He's quite capable of jumping straight up onto the counter, but he prefers taking this route.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Candy Dawn posted:

I'm a bad cat mommy. :( I spoil my babies to death but after Yorick did this once I had to get him to do it again. Forgive my shrill cackling. He got lots of treats after! He's my big dumb puffy boy. :3:

http://youtu.be/98uwQnGSg10

Your cats look basically identical to mine, so it was like seeing my own idiot Alex stumble around with a boxhead. Virtual cat torture is the best kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My two cats don't really complain when it's too dirty, but then when I clean it they don't even let me step away to wash my hands before they are both trying to get in there to go, so I always feel bad that they were holding it in.

• Locked thread