Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

I kick geese that are attacking me. Not hard, just enough to gently punt them out of the way and remind them that I am the animal with teeth around here.

Also, I killed my boyfriend's last conure by putting a heater too close to his cage. I also convinced him to buy the new conure. This is actually a constant source of mild angst for me, but not too much because holy poo poo conures are adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Also, OP, I don't know what you're talking about. I've been a moderator here for over a week and nobody's done anything even probate-worthy until today (though there was one close call, but being a little snide isn't really worth coming down on imo). You wouldn't believe the volume some forums get.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Half the reason I'm potty training my bird is so that I can make her poop on people I don't like.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

RurouNNy posted:

I have an anxiety order

This is an awesome typo and also this is an awesome thread. You are all amazing.

You know, I always liked most of you, but now that I'm a mod I feel entitled to telling you all about it.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

When Amadeus starts bitching in his cage loud enough to wake me in the mornings I stumble out of bed and open its door before collapsing back in bed. He never progresses to proper screaming but the loud parrot quacks are pretty drat annoying and he's potty trained, if he wants to spend the next hour and a half snuggled on my pillow or against my neck that's cool.

I'm reinforcing bad behavior but damnit all he wants is to go back to sleep next to me

Oh, this is standard procedure at my place. It's actually very weird to not slowly wake up in bed with a conure staring me down (and occasionally biting my nose). I figure it's only bad behavior if you don't want them to do it - I like being woken up by the bird in the morning. Matter of fact, I think I slept through my alarms because the bird didn't start bitching to be let out when they went off because she slept in the big cage upstairs.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

^^^^ catnip on the dog... now there's one I've never thought of!

No more derail about indoor v outdoor cats. We all have our reasons, and most of them are good.

Now, everyone do ten Hail Marys and twenty Our Fathers.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

It's cool, I don't expect the derail to stop on a drat dime, just gracefully grind to a halt.

I threw an orange peel at my bird the other morning because she was screaming even though we let her out of her cage. It hit her and she flew off to the corner of the room to stare at me reproachfully. She got over it, and now she shuts up when I tell her to shut up, so I'm not very sorry about it, just a little.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Yeaaaah, maybe you guys should actually post something amusing to me or I may go mad with power and BAN YOU AAALLLLL. Quit talking about what good pet owners you are and tell me your sins.

I, for one, am super lazy about getting Novolo to eat fresh fruits and veggies. I laugh at her when she resists being put in her little diaper/harness because her enraged honks are so cute. I know it's only making it harder on her (parrots can tell if you're laughing at them), but god drat she sounds like the tiniest most furious donkey.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Yeah, as long as you're properly ashamed, we won't hardly look down on you. Much.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

In a way, you've trained your dogs to be protective only when someone is stressing you out (as opposed to just biting everyone), which is a good contingency if you ask me. I think we can add that to "signs your relationship is hosed and you need to get the gently caress out".

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Yeah, I laughed. Then again, I'm in a really lovely mood.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Fraction posted:

That is really, really gross. Do you ever have friends come over??

Oh please, with a cat like that, who needs human friends? Us bird people give up really early on ever having human friends because of the constant bird pooping everywhere.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Dandy Shrew posted:

Hoban muggin'

YES! This was my desktop for a while. Made me laugh whenever I finally actually closed all my tabs.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

It was the beginning of the end for me and a boyfriend when he wanted to rehome his pair of cats two months after getting them rather than add another litterbox, scoop more than once or twice a week, or even take them to the goddamn vet to see if they had anything wrong with them. He has a seven year old son and I think that it was not only selfish, but also not great for the emotional development of his kid. Kid already has a legitimately crazy mother who is very unreliable, and having pets come and go at random is bad. Anyway, that fight ended before it reached crisis level because he started letting them outside and then one day they didn't come back. :sigh:

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

I am not-so-secretly gleeful whenever someone fucks up in PI and I get to wield my modly powers. I also like to frequently give empty threats of banning to random people for no particular reason.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I like holding my conure in my fist and zooming him around in the air in figure eights and dramatic dives and making plane sounds. NNNNEEEEYYYOOOOWWWWW

He stares at me with this long-suffering air the whole time.

I didn't even realize this counted as shameful. I do this all the time. I also throw the bird for fun (she has all her flight feathers so all it does is annoy her).

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Can't leave you guys alone for a minute, I swear.

I'm insisting that we dig up the old bird's grave and move him to a different spot rather than let his gravesite be disturbed by the construction around the house. This is because I killed that bird on accident and I don't think I'll ever get over it, ever, so I guess I'm an insane bird lady now. I mean, there can't be anything left of him since it's been over a year, but still. Good thing we buried him with a plastic jingly ball so I'll know which bit of dirt to be irrationally sentimental about.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Khelmar posted:

You'll have a nice little birdy skeleton left unless something dug it up.

Nope, the bones decomposed too. It's been down there for more than a year and I imagine the soil is chock full of worms and nematodes and fungi and whatnot. I moved him (that is, his jingly ball and some dirt from above it) to down next to the gas meter.

Today I got a little misting bottle to mist Novolo. She fled in fear from it. I ran after her cackling and squirting away. I am the worst bird owner.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

My wrist is incredibly colorful today and hurts like crazy when I try to support anything on that hand (to the point that my fingers spasm and I drop whatever it is) so she hosed up something really good. And I feel bad about upsetting her over it all. She spent like half of the morning with her head on my knee with these giant sad eyes. :saddowns: I made dog sad.

Doctor. It'll be more expensive in a few weeks when you still can't use your drat wrist and it's halfway healed wrong. Just get it over with.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

I don't make fresh food for my GCC. She exists almost entirely on pellets and the occasional nutriberry. I give her a bit of apple or whatever I'm eating once every day or two, but it's really just a tiny amount and I haven't gone to the trouble of getting her used to eating fresh veggies at all.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Avshalom posted:

Confession: Annoying my dogs is my #1 pleasure in life. :(

Yeah, I pretty much live to annoy my bird. It's even better when she gets worked up into a tiny adorable rage because I can restrain her with one hand easily.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

My bird pooped on my bedsheets and a visitor was like, wow that's gross. I told them, get used to it. What have I become?

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

The kitty spent only around one week at my place. I caused a total ruckus and a ton of work for people and unnecessary stress for the cat. All of this could have been avoided with better planning. :(

Yeah, how dare you not plan ahead for randomly coming down with loving testicular cancer. Jeez, and I thought I was a derelict.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

empty sea posted:

My clinic has a few lifer cats. The latest is Timmmy, a black kitten rescued a few months back. He turned out to have herpes and apparently now kidney issues. I let him out to play while I was putting things away in the back and he kept bothering me so I put tape all over him.

He gave zero fucks. Tape flag on his tail, tape stuck to his head, did he care? Nope, it's all where is the food human, where is it, I swear to Christ I'll bite your fingers off if you don't make with the food. We've created a monster, a cute fuzzy black one who walks perfectly on a harness but will turn into a tornado of claws and teeth at the slightest provocation.

He's a loving adorable monster and if I didn't live with my sister and all her cats, I'd take him home in a heartbeat. My sin is probably that I favor Timmmy instead of the perfectly friendly other stray cats we've taken in. Oh, you want to play? Nah, I'll let the monster out instead. I have to warn people that he's loose, like he's a rabid dog instead of a 5 pound kitten, it's hilarious.

Hahahahahaha, if I didn't have a bird, I'd want that cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

emmie posted:

when i was little i forgot to feed my dog once :(

but how did it make you feel

• Locked thread