Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I had to almost literally dig a cat out from behind a washer/dryer unit today and will probably need a repairman to stop by to reconnect the dryer hose. I am recovering from Hodgkin's Lymphoma so I don't withstand pushing washers around in 86 degree weather that well (don't worry, I am well on the mend).

It is not even my cat. The actual owner paid the pet deposit and bought a bunch of its food though. Today is day one of its stay. This is very obviously a one-person cat.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Every morning my parents' cat comes down from upstairs a little later than they do. If, as she is coming toward the kitchen for the first time in the morning, you say "kitty!", you will get one adorable meow and one only.

I am pretty sure the cat has no comprehension of what it is actually named and just assumes it is being referred to when it hears "kitty."

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

A few months ago I adopted a blind kitty, after carefully planning this for months. I put up netting on the windows so she wouldn't fall down, got nice metal food/water bowls for her so she wouldn't get cat acne, bought around 100 lbs of various good quality cat food, all that stuff, so this was hardly an impulse decision. The kitty was the sweetest little thing and we got along great! For example, she would gently wake me up in the morning by lying down on my pillow, softly purring till I opened my eyes.
At the same time, I was not doing so hot health-wise. My scrotum felt all wonky and my right testicle was hurting... and growing. I had this guttural feeling that something just ain't right and that I would end up being away from home for a long time. Since I'm living alone, nobody would be there to take care of the cat and keep her company - cats get bored and lonely, too. My neighbors could have fed her, but she would still be lonely, and being blind, this would have been gitmo-level torture for her.
The adoption contract I signed specifically said that I could return the kitty in case of an emergency, so I did just that. Went to the hospital on the following day, turned out it was testicular cancer and I got an emergency surgery, followed by several months of chemo.
Still I felt like I wronged the kitty somehow, so I donated all of my food and cat stuff to kind people who gave her to me, and later sponsored the kitty by buying her food and litter till she found a new loving home.
The whole thing was a big fiasco and I still feel dirty because of it. :( I'm sorry, Cordy, I'm so sorry. :(

e: grammar.

I got out of chemo in May (serious chemo including a stem cell transplant) and adopted an extremely one-person cat that July after asking my nurses if it was OK to do so. I had her for about two months before a doctor recommended I put her somewhere else due to toxoplasmosis risk, which the nurses knew nothing about. Don't feel bad, it's what's got to be done.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Every once in a while my cat stares at the ceiling of my apartment as if something is there (there is nothing there) and gets really excited. At first I thought she was looking at bugs, but my apartment doesn't have any bugs.

Then I figured it out. My next-door neighbors have a baby that sometimes kicks the wall. My cat is hunting a baby.

• Locked thread