Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

In boot camp, the idiot who had my top bunk was often gone cleaning the CQ (iirc what it was called - the hall where the MTI's offices are.) when clean laundry came back, meaning I was supposed to fold whatever I could of his laundry after finishing mine. Well, I had no problem with rolling some extra t-shirts, since it becomes almost a fun competition after a while. But this guy's underpants all had a very large, distinct poo poo streak. He staunchly refused that anything could be wrong with his hygiene, even when directly challenged on it and with the evidence in plain sight. He also never, ever brushed his teeth and had that creeping, dark orange, post-plaque crud. When the TI dragged him to the latrine to make him brush his teeth, his gums bled all over because apparently they werent used to it.

I had an idiot, JV, wash back into my class at tech school, then wash back into the class behind me. During the short time he was in my class, I was disturbed to learn he had orders to the same base as me, which for our AFSC meant in all likelihood we would be working in the same shop. Well he ended up getting there quite a while after me, so I guess he washed back a few more times. He was an expert excuse maker, but became legendary for faking sleep paralysis. Eventually he even (sort of) got away with blowing off a piss test! The story has a happy ending - after a change of command, the new squadron commander reviewed everyone's files, talked with all of JV's supervisors and CO's and decided start JV's discharge paperwork and not give him the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly, he did some work that impressed me, but his relentless poo poo-headedness was just unbearable. I've known people who would pathologically lie for no reason, but to constantly lie to make excuses is far worse.

My most recent and possibly most infuriating idiocy I've encountered is people who refer to landmines and hand grenades as IEDs. Seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU