Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
We've got a girl in my squadron who is painfully obviously a lesbian. Even before DADT was repealed. Hey, sure, that's fine and dandy.

Things she has done:
- Changed her name in global to (girlfriend's last name)-(girl's last name) and started answering the phone that way. Still before DADT.
- Brought said girlfriend to the squadron Christmas party before DADT. They are definitely a match made in...somewhere.
- Every time we have some sort of DV come to the base with an all-call, EVERY loving TIME, come Q&A time she asks some dumbshit question about gay rights. It never fails. The last time I believe we had a Brig. Gen. at the base above us come down, and her question was if DADT could be reinstated if Mitt Romney won the election.

We've got another guy in my shop who I'm almost convinced is just :spergin: as gently caress. He'll sit there and talk to himself at his computer, mutters stupid comments under his breath, says stupid comments out loud and then immediately clams up and pretends he didn't say anything when asked about it. He seems to be getting dumber over time, since we've trained him on a few different tasks multiple times and shithead just don't remember do stuff good.

Even better, 3D1X2 requires Security+ as part of the career field, and he fails it six times. Since he is not meeting the baseline poo poo to be in the shop, he gets shunted to ECO. Finally manages to pass on the seventh try, EVERYTHING IS HUNKY-DORY. He gets moved back to the shop, allowed to re-enlist, gets a 5 on his EPR. This is mandated from squadron superintendent level, so I think we've got a fast-tracker on our hands. So if anyone ever questioned if the EPR system is bullshit, there you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Shimazu posted:

so whats the problem here?

you got a problem with homosexuals in the military?

there is nothing here that sounds idiot like to me, other than the retarded loving piece of poo poo who posted it

btw i hope you get ALS you piece of retarded gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8xIgb7oWpQ

dang your right

:suicide:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
These are the best stories and I love you more than words can say right now.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

-Troika- posted:

I tried to get someone I know to post in this thread with some of his stories, but he said yours blow his out of the water, 50 Foot Ant :(

:justpost:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

i hate you all

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

nullscan posted:

Osan is having a GO1 weekend thanks to a shitton of ARIs, underage drinkers, and a DUI. Japan rules here we come.

The best part is how they reminded us every step of the way that "this is not a punitive measure".

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

nullscan posted:

I've got a new one for yall.

Two weekends ago Usfk went dry for a weekend, GO1 as a stand down to think about all the assholes loving it up.

Apparently since you couldn't buy booze anywhere, and three days was too long to go sober for a comm troop (CST helpdesker), a group of geniuses decided to go robotrippin. Bought 4 bottles of robotussin and Gatorade, proceeded to party.

Well apparently they made it known, so Monday morning word gets back to leadership and everyone rolls over except the one legitimate alcoholic who instigated it. He keeps denying his problem despite many "If you volunteer to go to ADAPT it won't be as bad" warnings. He somehow thought no one has any proof.

So guess what, commanders can apparently pull your purchasing history from DECCA.

He's slated for happy fun Correctional Custody ADAPT at Yongsan now. With typical USFK kneejerking I'm waiting for robotussin to be off limits.

Fly High.

Was this our squadron because seriously gently caress us.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Kavak posted:

What makes boots wear backpacks? In all my time at college I have never once felt the urge to wear my backpack unless I was taking my laptop and books to class.

It's convenient. I'm an E5 in Korea and being able to stuff my goodies in my backpack on the way back to my apartment makes me less likely to run into drifters who wants me poo poo. I don't have bags in hand, they don't know to beg. gently caress those begging fuckers I have a heartstring and they're tugging on it gently caress them forever I am American drat it. etc.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

I see this picture and the only thing I can think of is that he's playing that horn wrong. What is he even doing. Trying to suck a fart through it?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Hexyflexy posted:

Congratulations, you almost got murdered. Jesus Christ.

Good thing he's not black or this could have gone tragic.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I've only ever driven automatics and I only use the parking brake on hills. But then I also point wheels to the curb so whatever. Never had any problems.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
My oldest niece is in high school ROTC and is pretty gung ho about joining up when she graduates. She doesn't want to do Air Force though because it's too cerebral. She'd rather Army.

She's like 14 so I still have time to talk her out of it, but eh. You can't make anyone else's poor life decisions for them.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Kawasaki Nun posted:

lol too cerebral your niece is fuuuuuuuuuucked

That was pretty much my first response when I heard it but y'know. She's pretty much given up on academics with that attitude, I'm not sure how to break it to her that they all require a HS diploma/GED.

I haven't had a chance to talk to her in depth at all but I still think it's funny.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
If there's more T-shirt orders I'm in for an X-Large. I don't check this thread enough.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
My oldest niece is going through JROTC in high school and last I heard she wanted to Army pretty hard. She doesn't want to go Air Force since "it's too cerebral". I talked to my parents last weekend and now it sounds like she wants to go Marines, which oh my. She's also having trouble in school and she's pretty much a little poo poo to my brother and his family. I might be able to talk her out of it, but who knows? She might not even graduate!

In another three years if this dead gay forum exists, I'm fairly sure I'll be able to talk about my niece's many mistakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I got a hot take.

Seeing this thread pop up in my bookmarks as authored by forums poster HATE CURES TRANNYS bugs me.

Is there a way to change that or to re-create the thread? I hate to lose some of the masterpieces in this mess but uh I know some trannys in the military and I'm butthurt about it I guess. They're good troops Brent.