Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

AB posted:

I called it that because I can't remember the acronym for it. It's whatever that little black box is that we use to fill radios.

ANCD. Or that newer touchscreen one that I forget the name of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

iceslice posted:

At the risk of sounding like a weirdo I think wearing things you don't earn is bad luck. I always figure the day you go out and buy that poo poo for your self is the day you fail out of whatever you're trying to get. Gotta stay hungry some how, even if its for a little piece of cloth you're just not "allowed to buy."

edit: That's some kool-aid drinking esprit de corps poo poo I just posted. Ugh.

After our OSUT graduation, dude with an 18X contract proceeds to buy anything at ranger joe's that has airborne wings on it. T-shirt, hat, zippo, etc. Even gets airborne wings tattooed on his chest. He then proceeds to fail the PT test at airborne school and never gets his wings.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Mike-o posted:

Also, I loved my deployment stache, and I gave no fucks :colbert:

If i recall correctly from the stache-off yours was pretty boss anyways.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Beria posted:

e6 and below say it ironically to mock the navy

e7 and above mean it, especially if they see you doing something ur not supposed to be doing and don't know you/can't see ur nametape

HEY HIGHSPEED/SHIPMATE/DEBBADAWG!!!!

Does the air force even have anything?

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Icon Of Sin posted:

A different note: one of my squad leaders came in one morning and declared ":haw: hey my wife helped me wax my butthole, who wants to see :haw:?!" at least 5 people follow him into the room where we had our little company store. Snacks, energy drinks, some dip on occasion everything an infantry joe needs to keep going. He walks in there and within seconds everyone that piled in is piling back out with a :stonk: look on their faces saying ":wtf: DUDE THAT poo poo AIN'T RIGHT did it hurt very much?"

:wtc:

Reminds me of this time in OSUT when like half the platoon crowded around a bathroom stall to watch a dude give himself an enema. They also did the same when one dude took a bet that he could jerk off with icy hot.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Mortabis posted:

Oh christ, those stupid loving things.

We also have a thing here called "ranger platoon" which does the a lot of the things we do in lab (which are kinda fun, admittedly) but more often. Of course, they also do a shitload of extra PT, so gently caress that. Apparently a few days ago they did "room clearing." I had a vague idea that it was some SWAT-type thing for how to force your way into a building without taking casualties.

Turns out that it's actually a fully choreographed maneuver, fully explained in field manuals which are available online. That's right! When entering buildings filled with booby traps and gunmen, American soldiers are expected to perform a very specific and highly predictable set of movements in concert with each other. And these cadets, having learned how to do this ridiculous dance, think they are suddenly high speed operators or some poo poo.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken and this technique actually works but it seems like it would be really easy for each and every one of our enemies to specifically train to counter it. I suggested it would be way more efficient to just set the building on fire.

tl;dr cadets are willing to believe blatantly ridiculous aspects of their training are turning them into elite warriors.

Seriously, what the gently caress is this poo poo?

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Scratch Monkey posted:

What do they do to a guy who tries to blow off his CO and walk out?

Chapter him out with an honorable discharge ask me how I know

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
My last year in the army I moved to the sniper section in HHC. This was my first real exposure to an HHC, had always been in a line company up to that point. The support platoon had a fueler who was a sovereign citizen, would just blow off his whole chain of command for a week, then he'd show up to work and be somewhat normal, when he wasn't walking around with a Morraccan flag draped around him and wearing a fez. Then he'd go back to blowing off his chain of command and not showing up to work etc etc. He was brought before the battalion commander multiple times for article 15s and every time after speaking to the BC it'd get dropped and nothing ever happened to him. He was also a really good boxer and made the unit look good during USAREUR boxing tournaments. They eventually chaptered him out for I don't remember what but I remember he ended up leaving with an honorable discharge.

edit: this was in 2011 by the way.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 7, 2013

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Pufflekins posted:

Yea, but my boner was killed when we started throwing grenades shortly after. God grenades are underwhelming.

God, this. I remember them still being fairly impressive in basic but then we used some in Iraq and it was like what, I remember these things being a lot more impressive.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
Firing RPG-7s in Bulgaria was pretty cool.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Martello posted:

2/2SCR went to Bulgaria for a mini-MRE. It was loving awesome, at least as a PL. We did STX, LFX, everything, and we actually had open ground to drive Strykers all over the place as well as hills and trees to hide in, and urban areas to do MOUT. The MWR trips to Burgas and Sunny Beach were also legit. More big tits and cameltoe than I've seen anywhere else put together. Not sure if cameltoe is a good thing but it was at least intriguing.

Sunny Beach is where some of my dudes banged those forest hookers. Kaliber knows all about it, although he didn't bang 'em.

2 SCR and 172nd switch off. We got to walk everywhere which loving sucked. The Bulgarians actually refused to come along at some points cause they were all like "gently caress this this poo poo's stupid why we walking this much, last time 2 SCR was here we got to ride in helicopters and poo poo." Sunny Beach was definitely cool though, Mamaia Beach in Romania was even cooler though. Also yes I banged a forest hooker in Bulgaria.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
Well I guess it was more of a roadside hooker that I banged in the forest next to the road after parking the NTV in there. We were ADVON and me and another dude were going around and checking out the training area, saw a surprisingly legitimately good looking hooker as we drove down the road and figured hey why not. From what the Bulgarians said I overpaid by paying 5 Euros but w/e, 9/10 would do again.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

KetTarma posted:

:staredog:

Is this a fake post?

Why would this be a fakepost? Having been driven through Bulgaria and Romania and seeing the amount of hookers EVERYWHERE it's entirely believable.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Martello posted:

Real as it gets. I dunno if Kaliber checks this thread but like I said, he saw them too as far as I can remember. I wish I had gotten a hold of the photo one of my dudes took of another dude posting with the forest hooker. The one he'd just hosed. Weirdest part? She was pretty hot.

it's pretty surprising how hot a lot of the hookers are, even the roadside ones.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

karbraxis posted:

can confirm forest hookers. going to cheb from graf you would see them right as soon as you passed that giant asian flea market. we even had them wave us down and try to gently caress us.

lol cheb

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
Y'all niggas is mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Frosted Flake posted:

Turns out that the ANP commander got tired of waiting for EoD, so he got some private to shoot an RPG at the truck.
The first round bounces off the hood, arcs high and hits a tree, killing a suicide bomber who had been hiding up there.

:lol::lol::lol: