Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JakeB
Dec 28, 2008

ASK ABOUT MAH PICKLES!!!!one
Let's talk about 1LT Fred. The LT graduated first in his class out of OCS, so they made him 1LT. This genius was put in charge of a platoon for our deployment. No big deal. During workups, LT manages to drop a DAGR under a 7-ton and forget about it, all the way until said 7-ton runs it over. DAGR is now destroyed. LT owns up to it, and is relieved of his command of 3rd platoon and put under 1LT O.

Fast forward to the deployment. Fred finds out about a convoy that he wants in on. Convo as follows:

Fred: I want to go on this convoy.
O: gently caress no.
Fred: I'm going to go over your head then.
O: Fine, but the CO will tell you the same thing.

LT then calls us, at the COC, to get in touch with our CO.

Sgt: *Standard greeting*
Fred: Hey Sgt, is the CO around?
Sgt: No, he's out at chow.
Fred: Oh ok, well, tell him that I'm going on a convoy and I'll be back tomorrow.
Sgt: Roger that, sir.

On his way out the door Fred tells 1LT O that he got the O.K. from the CO. The platoon was in the middle of a fire mission or something, so O couldn't call us back right away. When he did, poo poo broke wide open. Our CO got so mad he couldn't speak and our 1stSgt drat near had an stroke when they found out.

They managed to get on a flight from Leatherneck to Payne same day, and were there waiting for Fred when he came back from the convoy. Two weeks after this Fred was transferred to a different unit in country, at a different FOB. Completely taken off of our roster. I mean, I wanted to go on convoys too, (Leatherneck fobbit checking it) but I at least listened when I was told no.

We also had this genius LCpl Fuckhead get bored one day and decide to stab one of two tough books we have for our launchers with a Gerber. Completely ruined the tough book. He at least became PFC Fuckhead and had reduced pay until he paid for a new one. This also happened while we were in country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU