Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

I would drink with Hilton. Dude sounds pretty cool.

I worked with this AE2 who sounds like Fran Drescher. She was loud, mumbled to herself, and had to go home everyday to make a meal for her son (who was like 15). She was also from lower Alabama and talked about how great it was all the time and I think she was mid 30's. Here are a few good stories about her, to protect her and myself I will call her fran.

IM SUING THE NAVY:
So its 2010 and I just made 3rd class(e4). My two friends both made second (e5). They made it first time up because they both cut near perfect scores on the test and had good evals. Well Fran was an E4 at the time and was mad that two younger kids had made e5 before her. She started shouting in the shop and throwing poo poo at them when the news came out. Fran was loving hysterical, she couldn't be consoled. Keep in mind this is a woman in her mid 30's. The last thing I remember was her leaving the room with a runny nose, water stained eyes, and quivering lip proclaiming that she would "SUE THE NAVY AND THEY HAD BETTER LAWYER UP BECAUSE SHE KNOWS PEOPLE AND SCREW YOU DAD". It was pretty hilarious.

What do you mean I have to put the cannon plug back on
This story is pretty terrifying. If you don’t know what a cannon plug is it is an electrical connecter that ranges in a lot of different sizes and locking methods, and is the main form electrical connection on aircrafts. We had to go and fix one of these on an engine once, and someone had instructed her to obtain the part number, and there are a few ways to do this, one way involves taking the cannon plug and removing it from the jack and obtaining the model number. She did this with an engine fire squib cannon plug, which is what keeps the engine from blowing up the plane in the case of an emergency. Now any sane person can tell you that once you have taken the cannon plug off, you should probably PUT IT THE gently caress BACK. She did not do this and the jet left the next morning on a det run. We get a call from the jet in the morning and we all scramble to figure out why the jet engine developed a gripe over night. We call the previous shift and try to figure out what went on. 13 hours later we get a hold of Fran and she is complaining and mad and loudly proclaiming how tired she was. We figure out that she had removed the cannon plug to get a model number and never put it back by the next morning. She comes into the shop for her shift and is blaming everyone in front of the CO, XO, MO, AMO, and various div and branch O's. Her defense when she finally concedes it was her?

"Well no one told me to put it back on".
:psyduck:

I have plenty more about her and another few wonderful souls here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Signaleer posted:

Aww hell who am I kidding, German hookers and blow for everyone!

God bless us, everyone.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

You get that stuff homey?

I sure did, thankyou brother. Im going to SEND LIKE 100000 PM's and what not.