Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Nerdfest X posted:

The reason he lost E7 DOES qualify for this thread. He was out with another new chief, and their sponsors celebrating passing transition/intitiation/what ever the gently caress they call it this week. They get rowdy at the bar, and a scuffle breaks out. Local cops called. They go to mast, the other guys back him up, blame townies for starting it. CO gives him probation, with instructions to go to AA meetings. He decides to skip his very 1st AA meeting. ....by going to a bar. CO defrocks him (disobey a lawful order). He decides the best course of action is to take it up a level and get the crazy train rolling by filing racial discrimination complaints against the whole upper chain. CO, XO, CMC, LCPO(he is African American). Once people realize what a goofball he is, the few friends he had abandon him. Wearing the Initaion PT shirt is just one more middle finger to the Mess. Several khakis gave him a "what's wrong with you" speech, and a few blue shirts gave him a "how can you walk with balls that huge" speech.

I don't speak navy, but I want to find the humor in this. What the gently caress is the relevance of this PT shirt? Khakis are SNCOs and blue shirts are...? The navy is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Khakis is referring to E7 and up. He's definitely talking about the senior enlisted leadership in this case. Chiefs (E7-E9) are very protective of tradition and their own little club. In order to be considered a chief, you must go through "induction." It used to be called initiation, but they had to change the name so that it wouldn't be considered hazing, even though it really is. So once you go through, you're a part of the club. One of the things chiefs like to do is wear things that tell proudly how they became a chief and that they had to be inducted into the brotherhood.

Enlisted people in the navy get frocked before they actually get paid for a rank. The actual promotion takes anywhere up to 6-8 months for E6 and below and a year or so for E7 and up. During that time, they can be basically dropped two ranks at NJP. You could have someone wearing a chief's uniform and get busted down to E5. Once a chief is paid for his rank, an O-6 command can no longer take away his anchors.

So this guy gets busted. Instead of being dropped to E5, the CO just took away his anchors. His retaliation to the chiefs basically abandoning him is to wear his chief paraphernalia that he technically earned but isn't supposed to wear anymore. Balls indeed.

Cool, thanks for the info. The air force has a similar scheme with their enlisted promotions. I don't think we have a cool word for it like you guys do. I think we just call them bitches.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Zeris posted:

gently caress you I'm not watching another safety brief