Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beria
Nov 13, 2011

Nerdfest X posted:

The reason he lost E7 DOES qualify for this thread. He was out with another new chief, and their sponsors celebrating passing transition/intitiation/what ever the gently caress they call it this week. They get rowdy at the bar, and a scuffle breaks out. Local cops called. They go to mast, the other guys back him up, blame townies for starting it. CO gives him probation, with instructions to go to AA meetings. He decides to skip his very 1st AA meeting. ....by going to a bar. CO defrocks him (disobey a lawful order). He decides the best course of action is to take it up a level and get the crazy train rolling by filing racial discrimination complaints against the whole upper chain. CO, XO, CMC, LCPO(he is African American). Once people realize what a goofball he is, the few friends he had abandon him. Wearing the Initaion PT shirt is just one more middle finger to the Mess. Several khakis gave him a "what's wrong with you" speech, and a few blue shirts gave him a "how can you walk with balls that huge" speech.

Hmm a good story the best :chiefsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beria
Nov 13, 2011
Tis guy in my shop is on his way. Especially since he just got a P eval, proving that the Navy doesn't gently caress everything up after all.

Beria
Nov 13, 2011

Mike-o posted:

Do sailors seriously say Shipmate? Not trying to talk poo poo, because hoo-ah and stuff like that are just as gay.

e6 and below say it ironically to mock the navy

e7 and above mean it, especially if they see you doing something ur not supposed to be doing and don't know you/can't see ur nametape

Beria
Nov 13, 2011
I work with a guy who's my rank, and has been in about a year longer than me who unironically hooyahs and shipmates. Also carries a bucket of a coffe mug. Loves everything about the Navy, and America, the country that can do no wrong.

Subscribes to Pat Robertsons newsletter, and not the Internet one. He has an actual physical copy sent to his barracks. He is 22 or 23.

His lifelong dream is to be a chief petty officer, and he is well on his way since he is Most technically and administratively incompetent person I have ever met.

He's on the diversity council, despite believing racism is over since Obama is president, and that black people should get over the slavery thing, since white people were once also slaves, thousands of years ago.

I told him I was getting out one day, and he called me later, drunk and sobbing, telling me he wishes I would reconsider.

Beria
Nov 13, 2011
^its pretty much that yes

Once they sponsored a "fun run" on the flight deck

There were commerative t shirts involved

Beria
Nov 13, 2011
Wrong thread, im the idiot!

Beria
Nov 13, 2011

Mad Pino Rage posted:

I think the biggest idiot I ever met is me. If I had engaged the Navy with a serious attitude I might be a Petty Officer 2nd Class or 1st Class on shore duty while working on my degree one class at a time.

From American Military University! Or Excelsior!

Has anyone ever met anyone who earned a degree from a real school while active duty?

Beria
Nov 13, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

I know some officers who got their Masters from Georgetown and University of Pennsylvania while they were in

That's pretty cool actually. I wish more people could be afforded those opportunities.

Beria
Nov 13, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Are suicides / overboards common at sea?

I heard of one on my first deployment on a small boy in our strike group. This girl, an OS, just went missing, then I guess they found her a day or two later in the water. They had to fly her off our boat. It was some really sad poo poo.

Beria
Nov 13, 2011
"yes guys, this is certainly a thorny issue. But what will we do when the revolution comes?"

I feel like that is how pretty much how every d&d thread ends up, either that or talking bout trannies

Beria
Nov 13, 2011
Don't forget a mention of physical illness at the sight of like, a Republican Dad, or a frat dude such as

"shaking with rage, I'm literally shaking"

"this makes me sick to my stomach, I'm literally sick"

Beria
Nov 13, 2011
Haha moker u crazy

Beria
Nov 13, 2011
Huh I guess the old military wasnt the good ol days, I been lied to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beria
Nov 13, 2011