Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SentSix
Jul 19, 2001

Lets page way back in history to when the United States most recently decided to invade the nation of Haiti. To do so it embarked and entire brigade of light infantry with their aviation assets onto the USS Eisenhower. Of course, there was no time to give the Army folks any sort of training on naval customs or courtesy or most importantly, rank structure.

Cue the following discussion in the CVIC between a newly promoted Army Sergeant and a navy gentleman in khakis.

Army: *fidgeting with copier* WTF is wrong with this loving thing?!?
Navy: Having a problem there son? *slurps coffee from a tub size cup*
Army: Son? And just who the gently caress are you calling son there slim?
Navy: Ha! Who do you think you are son?
Army: A guy that is about to tell your fat rear end to fix this loving device so I can prepare for my brief.
Navy: *grabs anchor-thingy on his collar* Do you know what this is?!
Army: Does it qualify you to unfuck this piece of poo poo copier?

What followed was an Army S-2 grabbing his NCO by the scruff of the neck and saying "Do you have any idea the depth of poo poo you are in?!" and an hour of joint diplomacy.

The idiot is me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SentSix
Jul 19, 2001

SquirrelyPSU posted:

In an emote: :chiefsay:

In all fairness, he turned out to be a pretty cool guy and helped us out tremendously over the next few days. That said, I did have to grovel like a bitch for a good 15 minutes. Navy SNCO's are a motherfucker.

SentSix
Jul 19, 2001

SquirrelyPSU posted:

That emote was created not because the majority of Navy SNCO's are cool dudes that do good work and are worthy of your respect. Your interaction represents .1% of the active E7-E9 community.

After it was obvious it was a permissive entry the Navy flew FUCKTONS of gallons of ice cream off the Eisenhower into Port-au-Prince. Sure, that poo poo melted within minutes of landing, but my god I will always profess my love for the blue water crew.

I don't care if your SNCO's are as bad as ours. Your team gave me ice cream when I was hot so I love you.

SentSix
Jul 19, 2001

Mike-o posted:

But who the hell joins the army and never learned how to drive :psyduck:

I'll see and raise you - I regret learning to drive a manual transmission before enlisting. Mother gently caress all five tons. I'm sure if I'd stayed in I'd be an E-7 driving anything that wasn't an automatic on any movement. loving kids.