Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
'W' wasn't so much an idiot as he was a lovely person. Well okay he was kind of an idiot, too.

At nav school he was immediately disliked by the rest of our class and he didn't take it well. On several occasions the usual Marine Corps style "yo you suck and are loving terrible" poo poo talking/fuckery escalated to physical violence. He actually grabbed one of the smaller guys in the class and held his drafting dividers up against his throat and threatened to kill him at one point--which would have been a little scary if they weren't, like, a little metal stick with a half-inch pin on the end of them. The dude he was threatening didn't even try to escape, just laughed.

Then he got implicated stealing the cash out of the honor-system soda mess.

Somewhere along the line we found out he'd put his clothes into the washing machine and forget about them overnight and when they were all musty/mildewy/loving stank, he'd just throw them in a dryer with an extra dryer sheet and call it good enough.

Then he got caught cheating on our homeworks; he would 'stay late' and fish mine out of the stack in the back of the room and copy all my answers down (but he'd change them all by one degree). I sure enjoyed getting Spanish-Inqusititioned by the CWO5 director of the school over that debacle.

Somehow despite all this poo poo he graduates and gets to Cherry Point, where he immediately buys a truck that's way too nice for a Lance Corporal to own. We found out that he had gotten his parents to co-sign on it. How did we find out? W stopped making his payments! After a few months of ths and ignoring phone calls from his parents, they get sick and call the squadron CO. Mandatory financial counseling ensues and we find that he'd been buying every new release DVD that the PX stocked as well as hundreds a week on a lovely stripper from one of the places outside the front gate.

Who he then invited to the Marine Corps Ball.

Then, after like a year and a half of training and considerable government expense, he withdrew his volunteer-to-fly letter and got thrown to the winds of HQMC for a new MOS. He's a combat engineer now. A sergeant, last I checked. Still wears his nav wings on his uniform, too. My only solace is that he's rapidly approaching the 10 year up-or-out date for E-5's.

If he somehow got promoted to SSgt I will take it as concrete evidence that there is in fact no God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU