Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Depending on your command and the year, one and done. It was like that on Carson in 2006, they had a whole platoon of dudes in my medsep unit for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Pile of Kittens posted:

That's bullshit because I'm a seamstress and you do not give that poo poo to an idiot unless you really want your clothes to fall the gently caress apart and don't mind being uncomfortable and looking like rear end on top of it. Dry cleaning/laundry, on the other hand, is believable as a great job to give the tards.

edit: also I'm not Asian and yeah I get a lot of weird looks when I'm applying for jobs/talking shop

Most people in the military are barely literate. You can train them to do a wide variety of tasks to include repairing complicated aviation circuitry regardless of this fact.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

AmyL posted:

Doesn't the military just give the complicated repair jobs to contractors these days?

They have a small contingent of military dudes do it. Then they decide that the MOS is vastly overstrength and do a forced reclass/RIF, then hire them back three years later at five times the rate.