Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
i am a pirate of the high seas

GD_American posted:

He was warned (67th and 69th had Army-wide bad reputations), but I can empathize. He went right to our unit (442nd Sig) straight out of AIT, and had never been in a line unit and wanted to deploy. Our unit, assholes that they were, would only ok the 4187 if you re-upped to boost their numbers.

gently caress Ft. Gordon indeed. What did you do in 442nd?

The biggest idiot I met was this Pakistani dude in Basic. Dude was 26 years old and enlisted as an 88M Option 4. This dude was just hosed up in every single way you could imagine. He had a terrible stuttering problem, he couldn't march in step, he couldn't shoot, and he couldn't PT. Basically he failed every single thing you could fail at BCT. During BRM he shot a 0/40, and no he didn't shoot the wrong lane. He finally qualified after about 1200 rounds because it was getting dark and a drill sergeant got down in the next lane and shot his pop ups for him. He constantly tried to DOR but somehow the company commander wouldn't chapter him out despite multiple instances of being hosed up. During our graduation he was the only one that marched out of step. It looked loving retarded.

One of my favorite memories is during the last week of Basic, a drill sergeant smoking the poo poo out of him for not doing the 8 count push up correctly. So because he can't do the 8 count push up, the corrective training was doing more 8 count push ups...for about 2 hours. While the rest of us were at parade rest watching.

After BCT he graduated from AIT and went to Airborne where I ran into him while I was at OCS. He failed the PT test to get into Airborne and lost his slot to go to 173rd. I feel sorry for whoever has to deal with that stupid motherfucker now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
One time at Benning, someone incorrectly hooked up a water buffalo to an LMTV and it went flying off the road into a tree next to Victory Pond. The runaway water buffalo inflicted serious damage upon the tree without any regards to its own safety and at great risk to itself. Its service is a credit upon this nation and the United States Army.

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004

We got one of these in BOLC. He says he works from 1000-1400 when he is back in Saudi. Whenever he doesn't want to do anything here he says he is going to pray (allowed to pray 5 times a day) and just leaves.

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004

JakeB posted:

Let's talk about 1LT Fred. The LT graduated first in his class out of OCS, so they made him 1LT.

I am most confused about this part of the story. That's not how it works.