Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

You don't get an O-6 involved if you zero a KYK or ANCD or SKL. That's ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

psydude posted:

Officers generally don't get second chances when they gently caress up like that.

lol what

maybe not in your pretend army

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

There was an E-6 at my unit who had originally joined the Army in 1981. Then he got out around 1990. He came back in 2007 or so, because his son had some really rare disease that there was no way he could afford treatment for in the regular world. Pretty nice guy, seemed like he was decently successful in the civilian world. Couldn't do intel work for poo poo though. Just didn't have a loving clue about computers.

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

He set his truck on fire at Fort Bliss? Really? The common thing to do there was have certain people take your car to Juarez and you report it stolen, then collect the insurance money.

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

Army definitely doesn't call them cammies. They're just called ACUs. And yeah, if you're wearing them to stop by the store real quick on the way home, whatever. But if you're out at the mall wearing them, you're retarded.

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

CitizenSparkles posted:

Few years back, we were having a E-5 board. No big deal. Well this one Spc did NOT want to get promoted for whatever reason. I think he was close to getting out, or maybe 0 fucks were given. Either way, his solution was fairly simple. He did his three knocks and the CSM said enter. At this point, the dude kicks in the door, and combat rolls in. He attempted to close the door by kicking it shut, but hosed that up, and left it wide open. He sprinted over to CSM, stood at attention and gave the whole "Spc blah blah reporting to the president of the board." without saluting.

I had just had my turn in there so I was outside waiting. Apparently, the CSM looked at him for a moment like the Spc just donkey punched his daughter, then said that was "loving Hooah, good job SGT" and passed him. That Spc came out looking like someone pissed in his cheerios.

That dude owns. Even though it didn't really work out the way he wanted, still owns. When I got sent to the board right before I was getting out, I answered all the questions etc cause I didn't want to look like a shitbag, but then the last question was "Why do you think you'd be a good NCO?" I answered, "I don't think I would be a good NCO. I'm getting out in a couple months, and I'm focused on getting ready for my civilian career." The board looked like I had killed their puppy and were just in shock. But it worked out, didn't have to go to WLC 2 months before my ETS.

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

well excuse us for not conforming to traditional gender roles tonight

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

Neoliberal usually refers to someone who is ardently pro-free trade and globalization (aka everyone in US politics), so it would be pretty easy for neolib and neocon to overlap

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

BexGu posted:

I remember renting a movie called The Beast in the late 90s about a Russian tank crew terrorizing the local Afghans. One of the Russians was getting drunk off the brake fluid (" Added a little nuts and spices, its not bad!") who know it was based off reality?

we watched this movie in AIT, it was excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

iyaayas01 posted:

Yeah, even noted forward looking organization the US military has moved their official cell phones over to iPhones from Blackberries.

I work for one of the largest defense contractors. We still have blackberries :(