Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nog
May 15, 2006

Every now and then, one of my Soldiers does something so mindblowingly stupid that I feel like stabbing them in the face. Sometimes, the poo poo they do is so stupid that I don't really know how we can possibly fight and win wars with guys like this on our side. Thanks to ISR though, I've come to discover an important fact: For every blithering idiot that pollutes our ranks, our enemy has blithering idiots in equal proportion.

Couple months back, I'm in the TOC standing around trying to get information on some developing crisis while my platoon spins up. Some jerkoff insurgent is out on route obviously burying something in the middle of the night, but they don't feel confident enough to just drop a Hellfire on him, so they want us to roll out there, blow up this crap, and detain the dude. While I'm still waiting around trying to get a good grid for where exactly this is all taking place, the dude finishes emplacing and begins to walk off; it looks as though he will probably get away. Then, inexplicably, he turns around, walks back to where he buried the pressure plate, and begins jumping on it. Just like you'd imagine, he blows up.

To this day, neither myself or anyone else who was watching that feed can come up with a reason why he did that. The best we can guess is that he went back to see if his pressure plate was working or something. No matter how stupid any of my guys might be, at least they're not that dumb (I hope).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU