Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

mrs. nicholas sarkozy posted:

The dwarfs were the best part of Barkley 1 anyway.

The greatest tragedy of the inability to use trademarked content is the loss of the Shrekmono.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
It's worse than we thought.

Dark canon has spread too much. It'll soon outpace the truest of true. What horrible un-truths... ... ...

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Anonymous Robot posted:

That puzzle looks like trash. Keep up the good work, boys

Can you somehow work garbage into the puzzle? Like you're trying to figure out much tons of garbage there is on Necron 9 or something

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Gortarius posted:

Well well well........

Take a looksy at THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15bxqQnkLMg

The successor to Blitzball I always wanted. :allears:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Gortarius posted:

Barkley 2 is a neverending chain of fetch quests. It will disappoint on all fronts. This I vow.

Excellent. I look forward to wasting as much time as possible!

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I'm loving crushed. This isn't the B-ball I was hoping for. This wasn't the kind of crushing disappointment i wanted to have with this game. Thsi is the wrong kind of garbage!!

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Bisse posted:

On behalf of ToG and all of its associates I promise that we will work day and night without rest and without fail to deliver the expected quantities of the correct kind of garbage.

I'm literally shaking right now... ... ... but i think i'll be all right... thank u for ur reassuring words, I can trust in the ToGsters again....

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Gortarius posted:

Sitting in a google hangout, listening to these dorks drone on about stupid poo poo no one cares about...................

...its so boring.

gently caress.

Maybe you should try spicing things up a bit with some hot new Joke's... ....

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Chas McGill posted:

Just as I expected...piles of garbage

Finally, the garbage I've been promised. Game of the year, 10/10

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

XCOM 2 has had less development time then Barkley 2 and it's going to have jokes in it.

Yeah, like you, the player of XCOM 2

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

it has 96 comments too. ecin yrev

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Only 8 years? Sooner than I expected! Finally, something to get excited about this trashpile

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I wanna say that I really recommend you don't be afraid of allowing people to make gun's that are effectively useless because of silly affix interactions, like a gun with explosive shots + the rewind thing causing endless self-damaging explosions if you keep missing.

Because that poo poo's hilarious and I love it

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
i believe in barkley 2

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Just wait and :chillpill: don't have any expectations and all is good

Maybe one day it'll happen. That'll be cool I guess.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
It's trash, so I got exactly what I wanted. Those ToGsters sure put out what they promise!

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
rear end of the Minotaur is a hella good track to be down with

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm also the only person in history that didn't like new doom.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

new Doom isn't very good.

gently caress yuo!!!

Clearly not TRUE DOOM MURDERHEADS

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's a not bad game. it's just a terrible doom game.

DOOM is more Doom than Doom 2 is.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Groovelord Neato posted:

...no. gently caress no.

The secret is that Doom 2 is actually not nearly as good as Doom 1 nor is it a particularly good game in general

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
What cheats the beef, ToG??

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Which came first, American, or Cool American?

American?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

WarpDogs posted:

I'm sure i've posted this itt before, but what on earth do the ToG guys need to do to get you to admit that maybe they're actually bad at this? hopefully by 2020 or so i'll be able to post something negative about this project and people won't act like i've just done something outrageous

I mean sure yeah they're clearly real bad at money management and preventing a project from spiralling outta hand and they clearly needed more cash for the job but

I'm not mad because I am convinced this game is getting made, albeit extremely slowly, and I'm fine with that, myself. Some good-rear end games that have been made extremely slowly have been released lately and it gives me some hope for it, y'know

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

LordNagash posted:

Ha ha this sure does get less tiresome every time someone posts it!

lol if you think "IS THIS GAME ACTUALLY COMING" isn't 10x more tiring

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Video games are hard to make especially with small teams, they let the game development get extremely out of hand and are making it way bigger than they had budget for, and they're doing it very inefficiently since the later versions of game maker are significantly faster and easier to use but they also can't update to it without having to rewrite like 70% of the game's code + their art resources are pretty much all being made by hand by like two people, mainly one person.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I'll echo that, admittedly, I got $15 worth of entertainment from the development debacle of this whole thing alone. Take care of yourselves, and hope things go better on any further projects y'all work on.

If nothing else, this entire experience was probably a valuable lesson on keeping scale viable.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Sleeveless posted:

Star Citizen has been playable for years and is still putting out updates and has more than two hundred thousand active players right now.

lol at the idea that star citizen, a project that has squandered tens of millions of dollars, is anything resembling a successful crowdfunding campaign

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Sleeveless posted:

le epic not giving failures and con artists carte blanche to run off with money because they posted a few jepgs of concept art and transcribed their epic idea guys ideas from half a decade ago gimmick, brought to you by the brain geniuses who worked themselves into prodromal mental illness over getting bored of bethesda games after 200 hours

are you aware that there was a brief period in time when star citizen accepted money from and laundered money for organized crime

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Hey you should give the demo to me first over anyone else. No real reason it'd just be cool imo

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Yeah the gamepad controls sucked rear end.

The game crashed in the sewers and I switched over to mouse & keyboard and it worked better but it was still pretty slow and gross-feeling. I like the joke's that were, in fact, in there, but man, y'all.

You were making another Frog Fractions 2. A game with some good joke's hidden behind an enormous, annoying slog.

(fyi i have no control over when ads happen on videos)

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Gortarius posted:

Hey, thanks for streaming the game. Looking at someone playing it for the first time very nicely underlines how unsalvageable the game is, even if there is the occasional booty bass mixed in there. The comments in the stream chat were also very illuminating after being so numb to this poo poo game for so long. There's so many issues we never even noticed looking at all the feedback that's rolling into this thread and whatever other places. If only outside feedback would've been allowed from the start the game would have died years ago.

Everyone yaps way too much, and 85% of it isn't really funny at all. Combat is what it is. UI's are questionable. It's molasses paced and annoying to play.

Somehow it has too much stuff in it and no content to speak of. The graphics and the music are doing a lot of the heavy lifting here.

My main take-away from playing what I'm assuming is a decent chunk of this demo even if I didn't see that much is that I appreciate what's here but really, really hope you all move onto something else. You deserve it.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Even with Advanced Gungeons & Draguns, Gungeon's enemies are enormous bullet sponges and very few of the guns actually feel good because of it.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Legitimately the only reason why I haven't unbookmarked this thread yet is to learn more about Frankie's project whenever it comes up so keep 'em comin' it looks great

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

GoodluckJonathan posted:

WE NEED CLOSURE

We got closure. We had the entire story explained to us why Barkley 2 crashed and burned. Everyone's wiped their hands clean of this affair and moved on at this point and basically so should everyone else.
It's been fun hounding this thread for 11 years and the dumb jokes that spawned from it, but c'mon. It's been 11 years and we're even passed our dumbass The Promise Has Been Made joke date. It's done.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

leather fedora posted:

thanks for the joke's

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
All good things come to an end and in things ending you grow ever fonder for the experience. Instead of posting The Promise Has Been Made or Bakely or whatever in this absolutely ancient 11-year old thread, post it... in your heart.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Shinjobi posted:

Close the fuckin thread

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Shinjobi posted:

Close the fuckin thread

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
how is this thread still open

Shinjobi posted:

Close the fuckin thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that goons will desperately cling to literally over-a-decade-old jokes at this point and think they're still funny and perpetuate them in a thread that by all means should have died when every single person of the original dev team chimed in and said "this poo poo isn't happening". When we got the full story about why Barkley 2 is dead as gently caress and never going to come out, y'all will still cling to it. I wanted to see this thread closed because that's the only thing that'd give full closure about this project, collectively, and everyone can move on and find new Joke's to enjoy. There are no True Doom Murderheads left on this earth and that's just something everyone has to accept.