Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Barkley 3 will be a big budget twitch fps.

Coincidentally, Barkley 4 will be outsourced to Hideo Kojima after Barkey 3 fails to do as well as 2.

Also Chef Boyardee, where do you hide your old music and videos these days? Your stuff seems largely absent on youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
DLC that overlays a small window to DwarfNET into any steam game you're playing.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Gortarius posted:

Anyways, while on the topic of maps and garbage, hold on to your fedoras because there is another awful mapsmake video processing right now. Just 10 more hours and I can begin editing it. Another 10 and I can upload. Another 10 and its on youtube.

I think I'll make this a multiple part thing with making npcs, quest and testing it all out later on. Right now I just got the mapsmake part.

EDIT:

Garbage alert!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QMgearUeao

so are you, like, the dedicated swamp map guy? all the maps i've seen you make are swamps.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
There are going to be several characters with number names and they all conveniently forgot you all used to belong to the same orphanage.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Gortarius posted:

Here's a lil' something that I forgot was just sitting on my harddrive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76Qdv2ZkrAw

It's not a swamp! Cool!

When do I get my hands on your toolset and textures/sprites so I can try my hand at making mountains of garbage?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Gortarius posted:

We'll only make a total of 10 copies and sell them over eBay as collectors items, demanding outrageous sums for them. If you aren't part of the 1% then forget it.

Here are some bad vidios I maked. They are a... heh... "waste" of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNXkPcTzRtQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2SUzOxMNa0

I actually watch your videos in the hope of listening to more of chef boyardee's mellifluous tones.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Thematically it's more like hollowing IMO

Cero confirmed for zauber.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

google says that's an energy beam from bleach, what does that have to do with autism or magic Alzheimers zombies

You said hollowing. There's hollows in bleach.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Treebeh posted:

Will there be any important Barkley 2 announcements at E3 this year?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

That first toot sounding really good. I don't recognize the other two, are they new?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Please let some no-name, emotionally stunted streamer showcase your game a day before release. Mental breakdowns make for great publicity!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
garbage games take time

sit back and eat some quaker's oats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO63Ih0UAWE

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I was going to make a joke by asking you to ask a gamergate-related question but I purposely know almost nothing about gamergate because only terrible people care about gamergate

That's easy. Ask if there's a point where X114JAM9 is rescued by a female :v:

I was gonna ask if this game has a dog companion that changes breed based on the location.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I've never been to PAX but I imagine walking past the indie booths is a lot like flipping through a sears catalog.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Will it be possible to "fat roll" like in dark souls? How many invincibility frames are there in a roll?

More importantly, have you already talked to From about outsourcing to them for Barkley 3?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Just Offscreen posted:

Ammo being separate for separate weapons can be a powerful tool to encourage players try other play styles, or limit the ways they can interact with a given section.

Universal ammo tends to make players conservative in ammo use, and finding the "best" weapon and only use that, which is boring and does not make for a well paced game.

If this game remains as tough as the PAX demo indicated, it would make sense to give lots of ammo just because of how hitpoint spongy everything is.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Objectivist/of the Rand: Will only breed with a gun superior to it
Inharmonic/of the Bike Horn: Each shot plays a bike horn in a random note

HMS Boromir posted:

make it so some of the guns cannot be bred because they are gay

I wish I had thought of this.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Dadaism: nearby enemies who haven't been shot have to pause and wonder if your gun is actually firing bullets.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Nanomashoes posted:

every sound effect replaced with WHOOOOAAAAAAAAAA

Or water water water-2 water

(from way back during a development video, please someone else remember)

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I wanna keep being the ideas guy. Do you need ideas for zaubers? Please say you need ideas for zaubers I am just overflowing with ideas!!!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

AllanGordon posted:

I want a gun that will be my friend

The gun's name... is Jesus!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
dark souls is overhyped garbage, so it belongs in this overhyped garbage thread.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

may contain peanuts posted:

I didn't really care for Shovel Knight.

yeah neither did I. don't care for undertale either.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
bootyclapper is obv boss music

also dwarfNET has its own music? and it's all recycled material??

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I heard a rich saudi donated $10,000... to a male streamer :heysexy:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Al! posted:

I'm unironically creeped out

I'm going to name my first gay objectivist gun after you.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I don't know which is worse, being forced to move to NY or being forced to move to London.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
how are you supposed to aim down the sights of a gun that has grass and a flower blocking your vision???

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Lurdiak posted:

As someone who's friends with C-Boyd for real, you guys aren't missing out. He likes Genesis RPGs better than SNES ones.

I don't blame him for taking such a bold stance. Does this include Sega CD RPGs?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I can appreciate a gaming site that hasn't updated their layout since 2000.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
frankie that full body portrait of X114JAM9 in the status screen looks really bad, like an emaciated crow-person.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Groovelord Neato posted:

i think i'm the only person in history that didn't see a problem with xen. i'm also the only person in history that didn't like new doom.

make that two.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
cool update

any long-term consequences to not paying the mortgage?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Gortarius posted:

It isn't BUT (lol using spoilers for this) you can cheat and skip in line, which is what I did for the sake of making that vid. If you do it legit there is a joke's that goes with it as time goes on. The legit wait is also like 10 minutes.

I'm glad this was spoiled because now I can laugh with gusto at for corporate streamers who wait in line the whole time.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
i want to barkley, too

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

:vince:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm horny, but for reasons unrelated to Barkley 2

but you're also gay, and the reason is related to barkley 2

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Node posted:

I'm five times happier than you. Get on my level.

is your av going to be the character portrait?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'll never get to fire my gay objectivist guns's :negative: