Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

2 Bark 2 Ley-rious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Did that guy’s brother quietly flee the country yet?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Communist Thoughts posted:

It's everyone else who fled, that dummy seems to be trying to finish the game by offering new coders no money to tweak individual lines of code on a monthly basis until the game is done.

Everyone else has left and he's basically devoting his life to deluding himself and like five remaining fans that the game will release and be worth releasing.

Yeah i was just disappointed because his delusional denial didn't crack and cause a meltdown during the big dramatic info dump. So unfortunately he will probably just slowly stop doing anything and pretend this never happened, instead of something more interesting

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

you turn the N sideways so it's GuZs

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Truecon420 posted:

I’ve heard that there are people still working on this game

bort's brother pulls out his ccopy of "Game Programming for Dummies" and blows a comically huge cloud of dust off of it

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah the big drama was basically every single person who had worked on the first Barkley and a ton of them who did the most important work for Barkley 2 coming here to say "yeah this poo poo's all hosed, we all left and there's zero chance this will ever be released" and then one guy's dipshit brother with zero experience outside of "idea guy" going "actually, I think if I believe in myself hard enough I can do it!"

So it's about as close as humanly possible to being "officially" cancelled as you can get but there's still a single guy holding the IP and paying the bill to keep the lights on

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

BONGHITZ posted:

Hey how's it going?

lmao

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Gortarius posted:

Just imagine if me and gz would've gotten the lovely one year deal, we would all be playing barbly right now, shaking our heads in disappointment.

Instead we are not playing it shaking our heads in disappointment.

I just love the two day flurry of “activity” immediately after the big blow up into: “I’m sorry and we are totally going to be more transparent about progress” followed by two full years of dead air lol

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

This thread is Barkley 3

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Goddamnit when will the DEMO be OUT for non-backers

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Overbite posted:

b ball wont even exist by the time this comes out

Basketball

...is dead??

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

…is dead…

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

KirbyKhan posted:

THE PROMISE HAS BEEN MADE

I insert my copy of Barlkey 2 into my Genesis and a familiar title screen voice rings out :

"SAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Vengarr posted:

Anyone else going to the midnight release at GameStop?

midnight releases are for TREND

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Enjoyed this but didn’t play it

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

oddium posted:

if you're a backer you can check out the demo

oh poo poo when did this happen??

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I think it would be fine to goldmine the thread, the stuff with the dev team coming in here and making GBS threads all over things was a great finale, and a cool reminder of when SA was a lot more relevant in having actual news happen here (and not just the "we have pedos and nazis here!" style news)

I also don't mind it being open either, even as someone who has mild obsessive compulsive disorder it doesn't bother me that this thing is out there popping up with new replies every so often (although yes i DO need to clear the unread number, that is very important)

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

“I’ve seen Chaos Dunks off the shores of New Jersey…all those memories gone like B-balls in the rain”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

keep the thread open until forum technology becomes so advanced that the thread becomes sentient and finishes Barkley 2 for us