Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
I backed based on the assurances of robust toilet physics. This seems like another case of kickstarters promising features they have no intention of delivering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

BiggerJ posted:

I already told you people, Dream "Shrek" Works owns it now, along with the rest of Harvey Comics (apart from certain characters such as Black Cat and the all-important Sad Sack) because they bought out their previous owner, Classic Media. Look what they did to Richie Rich.

More children's show need sexbots.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Turns out they funneled all the kickstarter money to fund a new Sonic Adventure game.

Sonic 2006, 2017: Chapter 3 of the Hoopz Barkly Saga

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

ImpAtom posted:

I secretly hold out hope the PAX stuff is just an announcement of their next kickstarter, a 3D adventure game with tie-in Cyberdwarf anime.

They have teamed up with the creator of Hunniepop to bring their vision to life.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
http://www.avclub.com/article/barkley-2s-trailer-pays-painstaking-tribute-final--224449

Barkley 2 got featured on The Onion AV club. That's just weird.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Heavy neutrino posted:

Hi I haven't paid attention to this thread at all but is my kickstarted game ever coming out

Came and went. You could probably find a used copy on ebay, but be prepared to spend at least $90.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Happy fourth birthday, thread

Way better than the 3rd Birthday.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

FedEx Mercury posted:

Doesn't that guy have a stake in Humble Bundle? May explain why he can drag his feet for 10 years on a hobby project.

He started the humble bundle. No idea if he still has any involvement or ownership, but he almost certainly made a small fortune.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

DACK FAYDEN posted:

uh where's the bug

The infected colon achievement wasn't awarding correctly.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Cuntellectual posted:

Did you guys check out Nuclear Throne/Gungeon and consider simplifying combat to be more like those or were things like zaubers a must have?

It's funny that both of those are pure action games, with almost nothing to them besides combat. Barkley, a game that is supposed to be an ARPG still feels the needs to have combat systems be an order of magnitude more complex.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
I can't think of any examples of well or at least decently received time systems that weren't built around repeatedly restarting with one or both of the following.

1) Mutually exclusive branches of content with any single branch being pretty short.

2) Selective progression, maybe players lose everything, but key upgrades or get to keep their exp with each restart.

As someone else pointed out earlier putting a time system on a long RPG that people are unlikely to replay after beating makes no sense. You are effectively developing a ton of extra content with the intention of players never seeing most of it, and the player never sure of how one action will lock them out of other content.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Fuschia tude posted:

Holy poo poo, arcades still existed until 2000? I don't think I ever ran into any in the 90s outside of like Chuckee Cheese's.

They were weird around the end. It would mainly be little kids, but also maybe a dozen teens/twenty somethings there to play Tekken and MVC2.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
It can always be reopened when Barkley 2 GOTY edition comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

I knew they left this thread open for a reason.