Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Boomstick Quaid posted:

This oculus rift press conference is getting me excited--can you boys whip up a vr play room to play the game in? Just like a lovely truck stop bathroom and you stick your head in the toilet to see the flat game screen

Basically what they showed with forza

This is the exact reason why mother Gia invented second round kickstarters; count me in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

SquadronROE posted:

I heard a rumor (that I started, just now) that B2 is taking a new direction:

* Free to play
* Match-3 puzzler
* Anime Cutscenes
* All done from a First Person perspective
* iOS only

Confirm/deny?

Judging by the trailer it appears to be an innovative combination of Battlefield and Call of Duty in an effort to reboot the MUD genre.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

HMS Boromir posted:

i feel like somewhere around the twentieth time frankiesmileshow sat down and had a full productive day of drawing nothing but gun variations they should've rethought their approach

To be fair, the past six months have been dedicated to day-one-on-disk DLC.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

That better be a checkbox poll...

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
That's some emergent rear end gameplay right there. We truly live in the age of interactive multimedia. CD-ROM

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

fronz posted:

Absolutely do not release the game.

I sincerely believe that the world is not ready for Barkley 2 and the developers know this. The game is functionally complete but they have to wait for society to catch up before unleashing its' splendor to the unwashed masses.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
I think the ranch sauce is a chaser so you don't gag after realizing you just ate a box of mechanically separated chicken parts covered in cheese flavored sawdust.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
So is this thread obsolete now that Cosmic Star Heroine has been released?

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j18e_ID-DpA

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
They should release the unfinished game as Episode 1, announce Episode 2 as the same game only with a bunch of bug fixes, and then never release Episode 2.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Oh wow, a new article about the pending release of 2013's game of the year

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Fuschia tude posted:

I can't WAIT until 2013

Boy are you going to look dumb when we collectively travel back in time and are finally able to Shut up and Jam.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Groovelord Neato posted:

playing barkley 2 will tide me over until sekiro: shadows die twice comes out.

Sekiro; the Barkley of Dark Souls games.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
At this rate Duke Nukem Forever will come out before Barkles 2!

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

PotatoManJack posted:

I hear the deep state has the only copy of B2 but they aren't releasing it because of reasons

Gay frogs? Yeah, I'm certain that it's because of the gay frogs.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Bark Deuce: Bark Harder

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Barkageddon

e: Barkocalypse

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Brackish

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Treebeh posted:

I just finished my yearly check in on this thread for 2018 and frankly I am disappointed.

Sorry but the official thread audit service has already rated this thread satisfactory based on post regression analysis and CD release metrics. Senior Barkiles: Made in Taiwan: The Official Thread has nearly achieved a perfect median post to content ratio of 0!

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

im freaking the heck out posted:

A fairly large woman hit me with a 2x4 and the bruise looks like a cyberdwarf. I am confident of the game showing up any time now.

Possibly in 8 years after you wake up from your blunt force induced coma.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Baekly Spoilers The Cyber Dwarf dies at the end of the first vidcon.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Personally I would rather not see any kind of unfinished release because the version of Barkley 2 in my mind is the perfect game for true doom murderheads and there's no reason to spoil that. Of course I would like to play the game some day but not at the expense of anybody's sanity. It's best to just chalk up the lessons learned and move on. If anyone wants to finish the game then that's great but my sincere hope is that all parties involved spend their time doing something that makes them truly happy.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Barkl3y demo is pretty epic.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Somfin posted:

Battle of the Bad Showrunners

Man, there's a pretty long list of these and anyone involved with Barkley wouldn't even register among the likes of Derek Smart and Peter Molyneux.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

FunMerrania posted:

i like chex quest i like rpg

Chex Quest is canon.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
*Clicks "Show only posts made by Bongo Bill"*

Bbardvark

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Gentlemen, we have achieved Barkception.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

oddium posted:

the demo is already better than double fine’s extremely thin spacebase df-9, which they apparently still sell on steam

I wonder if they will put Barkbase Cyberdwarf-9 on the Microsoft store now that they own it

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
I haven't played the demo but I've read about a problem with running out of ammo. Is finite ammo a necessary resource sink or some method to inject challenge? I think it would be easier to design around a light arpg like Secret of Mana rather than a hardcore game like Gungeon.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
There was a story on NPR a few months back about how 3v3 b-ball is gaining popularity but they were just talking about retired NBA players in Europe, so yeah. Objectively speaking, 1v1 match ups is where b-ball is most exciting and you would get much more of that in 3v3 play.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

spit on my clit posted:

i am a left wing center right wing

Sounds more like a bucket of KFC

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Mall arcades went to poo poo but I remember some good arcades in '98 and '99 around the College parts of town (CU Denver and CU Boulder). Sega's output during this time was great and the rest was mostly fighting games and the obligatory Neo Geo cabinet.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Oh yeah then I went to Vegas in 98 and there was a cool mega arcade called Gameworks I think. Dave and Busters first arrived on the scene around this time too and I remember playing a crazy MechWarrior game which was something like 8 sit in cabinets all networked together. Then there was a chain of arcades run by Namco. I sent them my resume because I thought repairing arcade games sounded fun but they never called.

I was a huge nerd back then if you haven't figured it out yet.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Blark Friday

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

rodbeard posted:

Guns except spelled with a Z

Zuns?

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Pretty good posted:

Imagine if they made a sequel to Barkley Shut Up aand Jam Gaiden — How messed up would that be.

This thread is the sequel and it was inside us the whole time!

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Where's the Barkley 2 thread discord? I need somewhere to post alternate names after the Chaos Dunk shatters the internet backboard.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Ok I tried but Discord is for CORPORATE ATTITUDE

Edit: Barakly

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Future Days posted:

bakly 2 is not coming out

Turns out the real Barkley 2 was all the friends we made along the way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Future Days posted:

This was an aprils fools jape. Sorry for totally pwning you. The promise has been made 11/11/2023

Wait, this is November 11 in the US and the 11th of November in Europe.