Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Philip Rivers posted:

Is there a Grand Bris game mode?

It's planned but it might have to get cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

the gamers...make someone step down...by rising....up...

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

The Ultimate Doge posted:

Well the demo is likely to come out and most of the devs want to finish it (but don't think that's possible because of Liam)

It sounds like they want to be finished with it, not finish it

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

everything in Al Bhed

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I mean they would rather it be dead and buried than in a half-there dev hell, but they'd like to actually finish it even more.

yeah i dunno bout this one my dude

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

cock hero flux posted:

as punishment for taking 5 of my hard-earned american dollars 7 years ago without providing the promised service in exchange i hereby curse all past, present, and future members of the barkley 2 project to be trapped forever in a horrible development purgatory where they will toil for eternity, them and their creation both being neither living nor dead

I missed out on the kickstarter but of my coworkers has the bodypillow

It's solid

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I want to play Tactics Ballre

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Gortarius posted:

I think I'll hit the snoozegow and I think there are 2 possibilities when I wake up...

1. Thread has been gassed

2. B2 Demo appears and thread is filled with people yelling about how bad the game is and if this is really what we wasted 6 years on

you've done something powerful here and i'm happy for you all except for the scope creep

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

there's not enough b-ball's here, and the background should be something other than black but you're onto something

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Seshoho Cian posted:

how bout this

I still don't get the ballin vibe but it does look very solid otherwise, well done jammer

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

The second one absolutely whips rear end, great job

Gortarius posted:

Should've just done it on my own, except then I would've been told to go gently caress myself for making unauthorized work.

For what it’s worth I’m glad you are posting in this thread and I hope all this is somewhat cathartic for you.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

B-Beyblade

B-Blade

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

and welcome to the (game) jam

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I'm sure the few guys saying "no don't work on it just go back to your personal thing" think they're being all noble but trust me, you're not helping anything

pretty sure we're just saying "don't go back to it if doing so is going to just reopen old wounds and anxieties"

nobody here is pestering Chef Boyardee to jump back in (cboy if you're reading this I hope you are well)

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

the zybourne clock FYAD thread is probably still in the goldmine somewhere

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

a b-ball dating sim to dethrone dream daddy

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

It'll Gust you seven times before you hit the ground

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Epic Store Exclusivity Money

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Unity

Twine

UDK

Itch.io

RPG Malker VX Ace

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

oh poo poo i didn;t realise ycs left

the imp zone is better anyway

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

What does the backer update say

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Urto posted:

I'm the newest B2 dev. Very new, in fact, having only joined last week for sake of the demo. I volunteered because I have the time to, I'm not really doing anything else, and it seems fun to me. Also, bhroom told me I have a "supple" demeanor, which helped earn my way in. For the demo, I didn't have much time to learn the codebase, but managed to fix a few major crashes. I also corrected probably like a few hundred typos and grammatical errors, especially in the prologue.

Like a lot of other people, I don't know what the future holds for B2. But I will say that if we continue, I'll try my best to make sure people here don't remain in the dark to what we're doing or why. Right now, I think there's a lot of wait-and-see in regards to the demo, gathering feedback, seeing if we really want to keep working, that kind of thing.

It's hard to judge from the demo either the scope or completion of Barkley 2. Things that seem incredibly easy to implement are horrifying monstrosities of possible malfunctions (for instance, just try and map out the possible decisions you can make that impact the dialogue of the Lugner/Slag quest). Things that seem nowhere near completion are really just about done, but we didn't "plug them in" for the demo, so to speak. I do legitimately believe quality can be salvaged from this. For what negative feedback and constructive criticism I've seen, it's nothing we didn't recognize already.

But our goal needs to be making a finished game and then polishing it to be what it deserves. Incremental improvements to the isolated parts without a deep, grand understanding of exactly how they fit into the big picture is (in part) why B2 is in a questionable state to begin with. If the journey continues, I won't be abandoning it. I'm riding this rollercoaster straight into the mouth of hell.

Thank you for your work, but maybe consider unhitching your horse from this wagon

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

So were it not for someone saying "gently caress the police" non-backers would still be waiting on that demo huh

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Itchio tags: diaper, schlooter

Checks out

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Bisse posted:

Man this thread died fast after the demo came out

By the way, that ending spoiler is actually remarkably similar to the actual ending, just replace the BBall Rasengan with a Cyber Spear and add +1 boss battle.

i mean i sorta felt like you'd already been through enough just by being associated with Barkley 2 for any serious length of time

e: I do still want that Dark Drakerz gang tag though

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Khorne posted:

I don't want to know how the second gaiden is pronounced.

gye-DEEN

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Trick's of Games (development)

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I was just thinking again about that surgery mini game and boy it’s sure a shock that this never got finished

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

seconding this, show us the cat and the dwarf rodbeard

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

excellent work, thank you slamjammer

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Oh wow Future Days is bumping the Barkley 2 thread again who would have guessed