Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
Passed Azure AI-900. Was a little worried because they just updated the test and I had little hands on experience in Azure but everything was covered in the learn module.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I just started ITIL foundations which I'm really enjoying being a daywalker in the IT field. Curious if companies actually care about it though.

pro starcraft loser fucked around with this message at 12:43 on May 5, 2024

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

pro starcraft loser posted:

I just started ITIL foundations which I'm really enjoying being a daywalker in the IT field. Curious of companies actually care about it though.

I don't know the different ITIL certs but I can say I see them quite a bit in government job postings. Usually as a "nice to have". Get it and throw it on the resume.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

It’s nice to get past some HR filters or make you stand out slightly against equal candidates. Not the worst cert to get, but also not a game changer.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Renewed my AWS Solutions Architect which I didnt even know was coming due soon. Now back to a year of no certs.

Hoping to get free time to just play around with k8s on my companies dime.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

salartarium posted:

Passed Azure AI-900. Was a little worried because they just updated the test and I had little hands on experience in Azure but everything was covered in the learn module.

Not to try and braindump the test, but I'm assuming the written questions were from the learn module? Also the hands-on portions? I went through the learn module and got my free pass to take the test, but I want to make sure I'm prepared

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hows the Cysa+ regarded? Wondering if I should pursue that from Net+ I got last year

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
I got ahead of myself and assumed the Enterprise Skills Initiative would pay for the AZ-900 so i went ahead and bought a MeasureUp 1Year Subscription... BEFORE i researched and found out they no longer pay in full

do they even offer Exam Voucher discounts at all anymore?

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Dandywalken posted:

Hows the Cysa+ regarded? Wondering if I should pursue that from Net+ I got last year

It seems like it's neither positively or negatively regarded. Because it's not regarded at all. I had to explain to my boss that it refreshed my Sec+.

It did help me in 2-3 sections of CiSSP

I''ll probably take CASP to refresh both the CySA and sec+ next year.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Dandywalken posted:

It can check some boxes for US government IT jobs, either as a contractor or federal employee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

I knocked out my AWS Solutions Architect Pro and DevOps Engineer Pro, which aren't too bad if you use AWS daily. The most significant part is reviewing stuff you don't use too often, e.g., analytics or ML.

I've worked on the federal and now contractor sides of the house for government contracts, yet neither has emphasized certs. Just pass the clearance/public trust and do your job. Granted, I'm not in any management position, but I should knock out others without "cert padding." Maybe CISSP, but ignore the AWS Specialty certs for now.