Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Ometeotl posted:

You're starting to gaze into the abyss here.

The abyss stared back. And it's yiffing at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Captain Pissweak posted:

Hinata's actually a Super High School Level Rehab Patient, he doesn't want to fall back into old habits.

SHSL Heroin Addict. Hinata's the traitor to Hope Peak's anti-drug policy.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

The joke was run into the ground about ten posts ago, please just stop.

YOU WANT IT TO STOP? THEN TRY HAAAAAAAARDDEEEER!!!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Are Souda's eyes bleeding or trying to eat themselves?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Wyvernil posted:

Nidai's probably the toughest of the SDR2 cast(excepting edge cases like Souda building a tank or Gundam training a polar bear), but I'm not sure he's that tough.

.... He has lightning eyes. How can you even top that!?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Title sounds like its gonna be a bait and switch for some unsuspecting people

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He'll have lightning arcing constantly out of the wound in his chest.

Will we finally get the cyborg character DR2 so desperately needs?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Maybe coaches just grow up faster than other people.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Really like the direction Nanami,s character is taking. The despair from her death will be glorious :unsmigghh:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Slowbeef posted:

:siren: Hear ye, hear ye :siren:

It is a probatable offense to follow this advice. Use "hung" in all instances.

Thank you.

Wow, don't get so hanged up on the minor details.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Amusing that Junko is featured prominently in that promo pic.

Her and the idol chick that gets offed in the first drat case.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Honestly I couldn't picture myself playing the first/second game without killing the fun by comparing translations. Especially with the second one, Fedule's made things read so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Ditocoaf posted:

In an LP, you're reading to "find out about" the game in particular. Commentary is a perfect opportunity to show off the game as-is, explaining the gaps in understanding instead of hiding them.

When you "localize" a game to be played in isolation, it's proper to replace content wholesale with something else that's comprehensible to the new audience. But I really feel that a translation LP can serve a different purpose than that. I've always appreciated the translation notes "style" of LP, and preferred when you explained what's going on and why the original game did what it did.

I've enjoyed these LPs because they're something unique, and really fantastically executed -- what you guys are doing is way more of a draw for me than Dangan Ronpa itself. If the LP stops, I'll miss it, but I won't be getting the game. It'll be missing the features that I'm actually here for. Instead, I'll probably read the other LPs that you guys do.

(Note: I'm not hating on separating this story from Japanese culture in particular. I'm not a super japanophile person. It's just that this project gains a lot of value from being translated and commentated and explained -- it's a more interesting experience than just playing a videogame, which is the result of a proper localization.)

This pretty much sums up my feelings. Reading the lp is a little cultural experience.

• Locked thread