Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Fluo posted:

Guardian:

That's a pretty good Osborne, actually. Just the right amount of sneering disdain. Only needs a little bit more smugness and it'd be perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Jedit posted:

This one's not bad, actually. Cameron did start out talking about austerity until 2015 or 2016, but now it's triple dipped the economy he's talking about it lasting until 2020 instead of dropping it like a sane person would. I'm honestly surprised to see the Torygraph print something so openly critical of Cameron.
I interpreted it as Cameron being smugly confident that he'll see off his challengers (Boris, Osborne and Gove) and remain PM until 2020, when there'll be another election.

Oh god, the thought of the Tories still being in power until the end of the decade fills me with dread. :smith:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Gonzo McFee posted:

They won't win. They can't.
That's what I keep telling myself. But then I remember the 1992 election. :smith:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
ROADSIGNS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! :morbo:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Trickjaw posted:

Sadly, very true. My parents live in Spain, and although they do eat local food, they hang around exclusively with other Brits moaning about immigrants and how much Weetabix and Marmite costs in another country.
I had some friends who moved out to Spain to "live the dream", and came back after a few years because they hated the expat community so much. They described them as whining, racist, nosy, hypocritical backstabbers - so, Daily Mail readers, then.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Fluo posted:

Express:

"IDS takes living on benefits challenge."

Except, er, he hasn't. And won't.

Also, why is Dan Dare, Pilot Of The Future the Chancellor of the Exchequer?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
God, I remember reading all these old Ifs in the Grauniad. I'm so old. :(

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Fluo posted:

Love that Rowson one! :china:

By the way just had to post this, I know its only the first one of the week but this weeks IF.. is going to be pretty fun!

Who's the little guy in the middle?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Fluo posted:

Lloyd Embley, Daily Mirror Editor.

Princess Leia's really let herself go.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Said it before, but why the gently caress does Brown always draw the early 40s, smooth-faced, slightly pot-bellied but otherwise average-build George Osborne like a Ken Clarke-style overweight bruiser?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Telegraph:

Why are Hague and Merkel hiding behind Jay Leno?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Steve Bell once did an If... taking a pop at Mac for being a second-rate Giles mimic.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
So the Times (prop. R. Murdoch) is saying straight out that Cameron is a dead duck hedgehog and the Tory election campaign is full of poo poo? Interesting...

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Ha, second viewing and I just noticed the yellow streak of piss down Cameron's leg.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I always got a Giles book for Christmas as a kid, but one year got a Jak book instead. :smith:

Also :smith: : learning that Giles was actually fairly left-wing, but held his nose and worked for the Express because they paid him lots of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Cliff Racer posted:

If you look at some of Bell's old stuff, like the Thatcher CYOA
Unless he did one I don't know about, the Thatcher CYOA was drawn by Hunt Emerson, not Steve Bell.

• Locked thread