Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Henry VII was a poo poo to his wives. Someone the Express likes just got arrested for (allegedly) raping a 15 year old girl 50 years ago, so suddenly all the tough on crime stuff goes out the window, and it's absurd that such an upstanding citizen etc. etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

baka kaba posted:

Once again Plucky George throws himself into tackling a seemingly insurmountable problem with a look of determination and self-sacrifice. Here we also see DEBT represented as fast food, which is what poor people eat you see, and implies that DEBT is purely the result of excess and gluttony. Gideon is making the economy lean and healthy, by cutting all those services and welfare systems people rely on. See how he suffers for our benefit?

I mean it's the Torygraph so it's pretty much expected, but he's still a poo poo

Also note that, while he's doing the right thing (cutting anything and everything), he's not doing it remotely hard enough.

gently caress the Telegraph.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

... yes?

I don't know how many CAMRA members you've met, but they're mostly somewhere on the spectrum from ageing hippie to trainspotter.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

marktheando posted:

That is a really hosed up looking computer.

Looks pretty normal, assuming you haven't seen any sort of technology for the last 30 years.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

I guess I'm probably older than you then :) I used to have one, I'll see if I can find a picture.

Something like that, but with 5.25" disks. It was pretty common before hard disks were cheap enough for consumer PCs - you had your software disk in one drive and your data disk in the other. It also let you copy things which were too big to fit in memory (which was pretty much everything).

e: this one!

I miss those drives with the big locking levers.

Wolfsbane fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 5, 2014

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

1) No, they wouldn't.

2) Kreider wouldn't have drawn it, because he's not an anti-intellectual moron.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Yes.

No, it doesn't bear any relation to reality, but when has that ever mattered?

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Because this Stephen Collins is quite good, and political:

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

It helps to think of the CofE as less of a church in the religious sense, and more of a social club/charity that oversees religious schools and historic buildings. And also gets seats in the House of Lords, for some loving reason.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Thanks for that. I was going to do it myself, but it turns out I'm far too lazy.

gently caress off you utter shitbag.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Lol, "vote UKIP get Labour". They're really going to try that poo poo again.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

SeekOtherCandidate posted:

Is there a joke here, or is it just "working class people are lazy and work as slowly as possible"?

Cameron's home building plan is the reference, but I'm pretty sure middle class contempt for working class people is the "joke", yes.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Which is why the whole place is a mess, and they're drawn as lazy slobs?

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Leanne Wood, presumably. The hair is vaguely similar, but it's mostly process of elimination.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

You're letting facts get in the way of your seething hatred of the undeserving poor, a mistake a Mail reader would never make.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

I have trouble seeing the Telegraph one as anything but mocking the ridiculous determination of the entire British press to oppose Corbyn. I'm sure there must be a lovely intended message because Telegraph, but I just can't see it.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Brian Cowen?

I will admit I cheated and just looked at the February 2011 page on Wikipedia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

The Telegraph are making one 'joke', that the Labour leadership will be gone by Christmas, and one reference, to the popular slogan in the runup to WW1. The two don't really overlap in any way, because Adams has no loving idea what humour is and just shits out a daily "Labour bad, Corbyn evil babby man" to help fulfil the Telegraph's hate quota.

Angepain posted:

The need to emphasise that this robo-cop is not only a robo-cop but also a Female Woman is a little curious, though that's more to do with the Mail's initial framing of the story than Mac's reaction to it.
No, the 'joke' is that women take a long time to go to the toilet. There's no way he would have drawn that cartoon if the robo-cop was male.

e: the reason I'm using 'joke' is that I'm not really sure if they're supposed to be funny, or just to reinforce their audience's prejudices. Or if there's even a difference.

• Locked thread