Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

As the proud godfather* to two children, I think one is probably a godparent.

Edit: Although it's probably not the woman. Or maybe it is, and he's totally fine with that. Yeah, probably not.

*and also a subversive atheist, haha, take that Jesus. In. Your. Face.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Typical repressed Little Englander. They'll bang on about good Christian morals and the evils of promiscuity, but underneath it all they're completely loving obsessed with sex.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Semi-mental posted:

Whilst this is undoubtedly ageist poo poo I am amused by the fact that Mac himself is 77.
Maybe he forgot?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

weavernaut posted:

I'm really impressed by his art, though. When he's not being racist.
I actually quite like his art.

Nice use of light and shadow, perspective (visual, not political obviously), his characters actually have... character. Pretty decent, some other strips look rather lazy in comparison (*cough*The Express*cough*).

Shame he's for the wall really.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 23, 2013

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Yes but you see the current narrative is that Labour destroyed the economy by borrowing irresponsibly, introducing reams of red tape and giving the public sector 800% pay rises.

Can't let things like facts get in the way of that. You can prove anything with facts.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I love how every lower class character in the Express guy's cartoons is literally the same loving person.

Big nose, slack jaw, skinhead. Done. Oh, need two? CLONE STAMP.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Cloud Potato posted:

Mia Farrow son paternity story 'absurd' says Woody Allen spokesman[/url] [And seriously, is he standing on the skirting board? How does this perspective work???]
drat you for cursing my eyes, I can't unsee this now!

But if you look closely, the carpet actually has an edge stripe, that's what he's stood on.

As always, can't fault Mac's art... Just the fact that he works in what is presumably quite close proximity to Paul Dacre, and yet hasn't clubbed him to death with a cast iron bar stool.

If you think that little fantasy is a little too specific to be off the cuff, that's because it isn't. Dacre is nowhere near good enough for the wall, thinking of alternatives keeps me occupied.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 4, 2013

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

A Jobcentre, as imagined by someone who hasn't had to go into one for at least 20 years.

I mean when was the last time you went into a Jobcentre and they had the ads posted up on a board?
Another artistic travesty from Thomas.

I will say this though, he's captured the characterless soul sucking architecture of public buildings to a tee. Just look at that red brick pillar, anonymous pot plant and beige carpet!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Skeleton Jelly posted:

So Eastern Europeans men look otherwise exactly identical to everyone else but they don't shave and wear caps? Ok.
Take away the pinstripes, they could be twins!

Do... do you think he's being subversive? Take away the contractually mandated jingoist bollocks, and the underlying message is "look, we're all the same really"?

Nope. Nice thought though.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

"Migrant Camp: keep out".

A beautifully subversive piece of irony, a subliminal message, or Freudian slip?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Pesky Splinter posted:

And nothing of value was lost.
I'll admit, I'll miss seeing his non-Euclidean buildings, and struggles with perspective...faces...proportions...colour theory, etc.
You made a grievous error... don't worry though, I got your back!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Fluo posted:

Different levels of irony in that
Irony you say?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

tdrules posted:

Not to step on Cloud Potato's toes but today's Mac is quite extraordinary.

Fixed (because Tory).

Soz for poor taste, but Mac started it.

edit: ah sorry. Thought this was the Trot UKMT thread, not the cartoons one. If it's a problem I'll remove it.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I thought it was a strip about the mind numbing trials of working in retail?

The guy has a sale on shrunken heads, and he's still getting nothing but loving timewasters coming round all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... shopping online for Christmas
This would be more topical if drones were delivering the gifts.

Y'know, those predator ones.

• Locked thread