Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

There is an old saying:

Those who can, do.
Those who cannot, teach.
Those who cannot teach, train teachers.
And those who cannot train teachers, administrate.

I don't believe there is anyone in any position in any government in the world who is actually qualified for the job, Chancellor/Secretary of the Treasury least of all. Anyone qualified to run a national economy is in the private sector making tens of millions a year.

Maggie is that you? Go back to bed dearie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Come on now, those labels are essential. That could be Ganesha towing Obama over a cliff.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
It seems that if you want UK cartoons, you must choose between lameness (that guy), Nazism (mac), and pure filthy horror (Bell/Riddell/Scarfe etc.)

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Lots of cartoonists draw Blair with one crazy eye, but I've got to admit I can't see it in pictures. Is there anything more to it?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Way to let philistines in on the Dalí reference :arghfist::mad:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Stephen Collins needs to gently caress off out of this thread, unless gym memberships and twee hipsterisms are political.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
He's not really a political cartoonist, is he? Not reliably. Maybe you could post the ones where he peripherally mentions something political and leave out the ones where he is having an existential conversation with a bird or something.

e:

quote:

Why are you getting so mad at Stephen Collins, SedanChair? It's a quirky Saturday morning stable that brings a smile once a week in between the mass news of depression.

If you had wanted to avoid depression, maybe you should have used your time in the bardo to negotiate being born somewhere other than the United Kingdom. Also I've seen enough criticism of perfectly well-drafted Corgis that I'd like to spread the criticism around a bit.

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 7, 2013

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
You mistake me, I'm not angry.

OK now I'm angry.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
It's totally William Hague. It's such a competent William Hague that for the life of me I cannot understand why he draws Cameron as a cross between the Duke of Windsor and Prince Harry.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I nearly pointed out the niglet thing, but I knew nobody could handle it. It was the same when Bell drew Wendi Deng as an inscrutable Asian swordswoman with buck teeth.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

R. Mute posted:

No, that was actually kinda racist, so that's a completely different thing. This is more like the charges of anti-semitism.

Yeah, Bell didn't mean anything by this one, I meant that the similarity is posters unwilling to consider the possibility that bearded Marxist saint Steve Bell ever did a bad thing.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

R. Mute posted:

So nothing is wrong about this cartoon, but we should take a moment to think about how much of a poo poo Bell is just apropos of nothing? Weird. I guess I'll start: his views on matters outside the UK are often simplistic and liberal.

The mugs on his website are not competitively priced!

Seriously though, if you see the word "niglet" the gears ought to start turning for a few seconds, at least. "Nige" doesn't sound like "Nig" for example. But my critical process absolved him in this case :)

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Crane Fist posted:

But seriously guys don't use words that might be slurs without looking them up first, I looked up every word in this sentence to make sure they weren't offensive as I wrote it and oh my god as I explain it I have to look up more and more words and I am creating a nightmarish ouroboros formed entirely from my own ability to understand context e\gndio\sfgpfin

If it bugs you that much consider yourself outed.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

\
"i just poo poo my pants"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
That's a framed lunch menu.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Y-you guys understand that Prince Harry is not on our radar at all, right?

Like, he is not on the radar of serious people. He is not on the radar of celebrity chasers. He is not the subject of any viral videos. We are NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO HIM. For some reason the assertion that Prince Harry is interesting to us is the most offensive thing I've read in this thread.

e: VVV Don't listen to this person, they are clearly delusional.

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 05:24 on May 17, 2013

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Hi, I'm David Cameron. I have wavy red hair, ruddy cheeks and a strong chin. These are features I have.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
In fairness, a look of perplexed shock is really the only expression he can draw other than those belonging to labored caricatures of specific people. And, apparently, vengeful gay militancy.

e: SINISTER GNOMOSEXUALS COME TO LIFE, SEEK SPECIAL RIGHTS

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 21, 2013

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Who will be first to do a cartoon of today's terror video with "MULTICULTURALISM" written across the corpse's back?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Niric posted:

Why's there the mysterious figure hanging out in the bushes?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

I didn't realize every hog that gets turned into bacon and ham is a hero.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

The old man is literally reading the words in the speech bubble.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Forums Terrorist posted:

God drat it Mac that'd be a decent comic if not for that black dude.

Um what's wrong with the black dude?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I know about mac. That doesn't make the black guy in the operating room any more racist.

Everything mac does=racist
Everything Steve Bell does=never racist, you American you don't know anything!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Cloud Potato posted:

Yesterday's Independent on Sunday:

What the hell is this in reference to? Is it just "YOU CAN FIND THINGS ON GOOGLE :supaburn:" or is there some specific story?

I'm not gonna search for it because, well, you know.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Yay! *burns coal*

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Geokinesis posted:

I thought it was Big Ben signifying all the money going into the city and then it turning to piss.

Cleverly, it appears to be both through the magic of perspective.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

hazza posted:

Also a handy tip for aspiring architects:

Schools look exactly the same as prisons.

Do they actually look different from one another in the UK?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

BastardySkull posted:

It's really typical that you would cite a lack of competition between cartoon sources as a reason to continue posting his drivel. Cartoons are to be enjoyed by everyone, they are a natural monopoly and there's no reason to post any cartoons other than Steve Bells.

You thought you could have the acerbity of British satire without the cloying, suffocating British inanity that fuels it? Suffer to know it's real.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I must have scanned every pixel with my eyes looking for a bird. If leaving it out was intentional he's a genius at trolling me.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

In fairness, the crimes were in some cases committed decades ago; most people won't remember the names of the victims. There's not really enough room on the slab for both the names and the information, and the image wouldn't work without a lot of slabs, so I don't see how Mac could have done it any other way.

He could have shot himself.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
So would Santa be one of the staring people with no eyelids or would he get his own caricature?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
IT'S HOT
A ROYAL'S PREGNANT
THAT PLANE IS CLOSE

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Charlie Brown knows that Lucy will cheat, the question is always what will he tell himself to shake off his nihilism and try to kick the ball. Given the depressive, cagey interviews I heard Zimbabweans giving before the election, it's quite the apt metaphor.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Stop walking hippies, you obviously caused that earthquake yourselves.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Wait, did Thomas put the godfather in a pinstripe suit and sunglasses...because he's The Godfather?

I--there's no polite way to ask this, is Paul Thomas retarded? Have we been making fun of a retarded artist? Should I feel bad?

:aaaaa: The Express is a paper for people with mental retardation to read, isn't it. I am so sorry. I will never make fun of all those Diana front pages again.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
This is the greatest drawing ever.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Kegluneq posted:

(Edited out the somewhat transphobic slur.)

...why.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Kegluneq posted:

It came across as a bit 'wife is a man in drag = obviously a fake family'? :ohdear: Edit: Also to make :thejoke: a bit more obvious.

(I'll assume that your shared sentence was intentional though.)

I meant, why is it your job to edit it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I think it's intended to be candid and humanizing. (It's not working, a horse is a horse)

• Locked thread