Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hitachi
May 2, 2003

Hail to the King, baby

dennyk posted:

That Playstation TV doesn't really offer anything over my current ghetto Dell monitor setup except 3D, which I don't even want (I have poo poo depth perception and can't really see 3D at all).

I've spent some hours poking around AVSForums and some other sites and found a few 32" TVs I'm now considering:

Panasonic VIERA TC-L32E5 - Seems to be pretty decent. Input lag isn't as good as the previous IPS-Alpha model, though, but those models seem to be impossible to find now and ridiculously expensive. Don't see too many complaints about it, aside from people talking about a lower contrast ratio than other TVs, but that's to be expected with an IPS display (and I'm using an IPS Dell monitor at the moment anyway and I don't have a problem with the contrast on that, so I doubt it'll be an issue). No panel lottery bullshit, either, apparently. Price is about $460 at Amazon, right in the budget I was aiming for. I'm kind of leaning towards this one, personally, but I'd love to hear from anyone who's had one.

LG 32LM6200 - Also seems to be a decent LG TV with few complaints. However, it's more expensive ($550 right now on Amazon) and has 3D and Internet features I really don't care about. Looked into the current cheaper bare-bones 1080p LG model too (the 32CS560), but it apparently suffers horribly from judder with <120Hz input sources. Most sources say the 32LM6200 is an IPS panel, but I can't find any definitive information on whether there's any panel lottery issues (LG's site says nothing about panel type, which is worrisome).

Samsung UN32EH5000 - Always heard good things about Samsung, mostly, and this model seems decent, but it's apparently panel lottery hell. Was fairly cheap on Amazon earlier today, but now it's back up to the same price range as the Panasonic, so I'm not sure it's a great choice.

Any opinions on these? Doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of selection in 32" 1080P models; these were about all I could find in the ~$500-or-less range that weren't terrible off-brands (and there really isn't much in the higher price ranges other than a fully-loaded Samsung "Smart TV" model or two, either).

I just picked up the Samsung UN32EH5000 a few days ago from Bestbuy to use as a Xbox TV/second monitor. No complaints from me so far. They price matched to $430 from the sears website which is the cheapest I have seen it in a while and they also let me exchange the first one that had a dead pixel in the center of the screen no questions asked. Picture seems nice enough to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitachi
May 2, 2003

Hail to the King, baby
That same seller has the 65" LG OLED for $2,699.52. I assume it hasn't been much lower than that? Super tempting. My current TV is a 52" Samusung I bought 8 years ago. Not sure if going from 55 to 65 is worth the price difference though.

hitachi
May 2, 2003

Hail to the King, baby

Dogen posted:

We went from a 52" to a 65" and could never go back (also an 8 year old Samsung, an A650)

Yeah mine is a B750. What did you upgrade to?

hitachi
May 2, 2003

Hail to the King, baby

Stefan Prodan posted:

Hmm okay, I read on some other sites in the meanwhile that some people had been able to get like 10% off in some cases by asking them to like beat Amazon's price or finding a scratched box or something, but I guess it just depends on the manager?

What about that eBay deal for the E6P, my understanding is that as long as they are selling an item at a fixed price and I e-mail them to get rid of the bundle and just sell me a single TV, my credit card should be willing to price rewind that $2800 into the $2300 from another site, right?

Does anyone know if the Citi price rewind will work using an ebay listing? If I can buy from Best Buy and just get $500 back from the price rewind instead of buying off ebay that would be cool.

hitachi
May 2, 2003

Hail to the King, baby

Stefan Prodan posted:

I don't think they will do that, BUT 2-3 people on another AV forum that I found no google reported being able to buy an item off ebay and price rewind that item to one of the scummy sites as long as the ebay item wasn't an auction. They all were able to price rewind the iElectrica deals, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this listing last night:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172451922133

And submitted the paperwork for it to be price rewinded to this ad:

http://www.tvsuperstores.com/LG_E6_...Qb60aAurE8P8HAQ

We'll see what happens!

Awesome, let me know if it works because I will hop right on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitachi
May 2, 2003

Hail to the King, baby
Trying to decide between a Sony x850d and Samsung KS8000.

I know the thread generally recommends the KS8000 but I wasn't sure if that was best bang for the buck or just straight up the KS8000 is preferred. Looks like both are on sale for similar prices at Best Buy.

edit: Nevermind I was looking at the wrong Sony model. Just gonna get the KS8000.

hitachi fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 25, 2017