Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Elysium posted:

The Vizio E601i-A3 is $700 on amazon warehouse. That's almost as cheap as the crazy Black Friday deal. However, you only get a 30 day warranty with amazon warehouse items, and I've been seeing a lot of complaints of the tvs just straight up dying.

They have it new for $888.

This looks like a really great deal and tv. I'll probably go with this next week. My only concern is it said the refresh rate was 120 hz "with smooth motion". Am i just reading that wrong or is that the normal process with refresh rates? Ideally I'd love something with 240 but I'm pretty sure I'd have to spend over $1200 for it.

EDIT: After some more digging, I might go with a 55" Samsung instead. I found a good amount of negative reviews for the vizio set and almost all were the same problem (dying set/no picture within 60 days of purchase). What do you guys think I should do? I've always been happy with Vizio products but I don't want to get this then have to deal with customer support if it craps out right away.

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Picked up the Samsung 55" that's going for $900. I found a couple sites and customer reviews with calibration settings, but noticed none of them included having LED motion plus turned on. When would I want to turn that on, for video games and sports or something?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

It's in Picture sub menu, I think either Advanced options or the other one. I had it on during the super bowl but I haven't really noticed a need for it while playing video games or anything like that.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

So I've been trying to find a decent video setting for a 55" Samsung I bought a few months ago. The best one I could find was from an amazon review and I'm trying to find something better. It's model is UN55EH6000F, does anyone have good suggestions? The only other thing I can think of is picking up a calibration disc like the one disney sells.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Hate to keep cropping up with more questions but I haven't found an answer anywhere. I haven't been able to access the picture settings "HDMI black levels" and "Film Mode" on my Samsung UN55EH6000F. They're always greyed out no matter what my settings are, anyone know what the deal is there?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Okay, I'm using HDMI as a source and the settings I found have the picture mode I'm set to (dynamic, standard etc) and I still can't access it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Sometime in the next couple months, I'm looking to upgrade my tv to a nice 240hz set. I'll mainly be using it for movies and gaming, but is there anything I should look for when checking out 240hz sets?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Found a nice Vizio for a very nice price http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M551d-A2R-55-Inch-1080p-240Hz/dp/B00CBQNB0C

found a review on CNET and seems the only real problem might be a little too much red in the color palatte. Has anyone bought one of these yet or know more about them? I'm looking for a really great picture quality 240hz for movies and gaming, and this seems like a great pick. Especially for the price.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Today or tomorrow I'm heading into best buy to pick up a Vizio M-series, most likely the 60" version. Has anyone else picked up one of these sets? I'll post thoughts later this week after I get it set up and calibrated.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

What, no 4K or 240hz refresh rate?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

What's the general rule for "game mode" settings? Just ignore it? I'm going through calibration for the Vizio I just bought and wondering if I should worry about switching picture modes every time I pop in a game.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Did anyone end up pulling the trigger on that 40inch Samsung 4k set? I wondered about getting it for an inexpensive "bedroom" TV, wondered how it turned out.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Are there sets that back both hdr10 and dolby?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

What's the general opinion of the 8500 series from Samsung? The only reason I ask is the extra cord it promotes sounds like something to think about. But maybe it's not that great? No idea.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Auron posted:

The KS8500 is a KS8000 that is curved. If you like curved, cool, if not get the 8000.

What's this cord you are talking about? Are you talking about the OneConnect?

Phone typo, I think I meant color? I'll have to look at it again, but I think there was mention of a color setting or something.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I've settled between the 49" version of either the Samsung 7000 series or the 8000 series (difference of about $300). Both reference HDR, but nothing specific, so I'm not sure if I'd just be paying $300 more for a newer model or actually getting a better quality picture from it as well.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I had to comb through the RTings settings for how to display HDR on my 8000 for the xbox. Took me a while but everythings set up now!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm doing a little bit of shopping for a friend. I picked up the Samsung KS8000 back in january and love it. I was looking in that area again, but wondering what the current "go to" is for samsung with HDR. Budget is max $2500 and preferably 55" minimum, so I don't think it'll be too hard to find something. I guess just what to avoid, or if there's anything particularly noteworthy to check out.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

So, just turned on my ks8000 set and heard a speaker pop. Now the sound is still present but sounds super muffled. Is one speaker dead or something? Not sure how to fix it.

Edit: messed with the one connect cord at the TV end, seems to have fixed it.

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Sep 12, 2017

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

There any good sites for calibrating the LG OLED?

Edit: found some, and for some reason I can't adjust the black level option. Anyone know what keeps that locked?

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 14, 2017

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Question about connecting MacBook to a TV via hdmi. We have the LG OLED set, and have an hdmi cable connected to a MacBook air. This worked on the old TV as recent as a week or two ago, but not on this new set.

The computer recognizes the connection, going as far as to adjust screen specifically for LG. The TV recognizes a cable connection but says there's no signal. Is there something I'm missing? It sounds like a problem on the TV end of things, but we can't figure out why it won't display the screen.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Finally in a position to set up a home theater. I'm looking at LG (I've got an OLED set from 4 years ago and it's great) for a 65 or 77 inch set. Their hdmi parts are listed as "hdcp 2.2" and I've not heard of this. Is it better/worse/totally different from hdmi 2.1?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Anyone use deco gear products? Found a deal for a 77 inch cx that bundles with a deco soundbar and some other stuff (mount, surge protector, cables).

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Kind of a home theater question but it seems like a good place to ask:

If my sound bar is hooked up to my TV, should I also be connecting my uhd player to the soundbar (hdmi) as well? Or is that just redundant?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

codo27 posted:

Soundbar isn't like a proper AV receiver, I wouldn't worry too much about running other devices through that unless you are short of ports on your TV.

I dont think you can do one thing but not the other with the PS5 but I might be wrong. Feel like its all or nothin

Okay thanks. I'd normally just have the TV connected to the bar with everything else running to the TV, but I saw the other thing mentioned and wasn't sure if I was missing out on some kind of benefit.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

For the C1, how do you turn off the option for automatic device activation?

Like when you turn the TV on or switch inputs it turns my Playstation or uhd player on automatically.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Sorry for asking in this thread, but I'm having a weird soundbar problem with my TV.

LG C1, LG soundbar. Everything is synced and ran fine until just now, maybe 3 hours after I used it last.

The TV is not playing audio through the soundbar anymore. It's connected to eArc, it's set to it on the TV and soundbar, it's all just as it was three hours ago when it worked. Now, nothing. I've pulled all cables from all devices and plugged evening back in and at least now the soundbar power is synced with the TV but I'm still not getting any sound. Any ideas?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah tried that too. Internal speakers on the TV work fine, but the soundbar isn't putting out anything and the tv is giving me the "X" symbol when I try to turn up/down the volume during the hdmi arc setting. I'm going to swap the cable and see if that's the issue.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Gave it a new hdmi cable, works now. Although before I think the soundbar setting was opt/hdmi and now it's reading as earc (I thought that's what it was already set at) but I'm not too worried since it's working!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Looking at replacing the living room TV. We live LG and have a big rear end c1 in the basement, so something similar. Between the C2, B2, and A2, what's the best option? I'm a big movie buff so picture quality is really important but the price difference between c series and the others is really tempting.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

How many weeks before the super bowl do the big deals start hitting?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Pulled the trigger on a 77 C2. It's replacing our 6-7 year old set in the main floor living space. That set was 55 but mounted above a fireplace and we're sitting around twelve feet away so we thought it was time to go bigger.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Question about LG's universal remote feature:

It automatically synced with things like my sound bar and chrome cast when I first set those up. Today for the first time everything just stopped working on it. I've had an issue with the internet in my house but even after fixing it the controller still won't work with things again.

I went into the menu for universal remote and it says everything is connected. Any ideas?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

GreenNight posted:

I wonder if an 83" would fit between my windows.

I don't think this is that high? I have two 77s and they're mounted higher than that I think, but I might have the couches further away.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Cugel the Clever posted:

At least it's not above a fireplace!

Oh boy, I'm going to stir the pot here.

In my defense, it's the only good place for the tv to go in this room. Measures about 62 inches off the ground and the couch is 12.5 feet away. Not ideal but my basement setup is much better (and darker, and where the 4k player is).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

KillHour posted:

Is that a dog? Post pictures of your dog and I'll give you an official thread indulgence to overlook your fireplace TV.

Edit: The bigger sin is that sad sound bar.

Alright fine, here's the dog:

The chair in that Pic is for a toddler so it's only about two feet off the ground. And yeah the sound bar needs to be replaced, that'll be this year some time.