Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I will say if you aren't in a rush it seems silly to not just wait til BF at least since it's so close if you're making a big TV purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Is it only Apple TV screensavers or all content on multiple inputs? If it's just the Apple TV screensavers then it's assume they just cranked up the saturation or started curating content which is over saturated.

Yeah I think apple does this to make everyone goo goo ga ga over "look at this HDR!" and not have people return their atv over the showroom effect

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Just get them a harmony hub, they're pretty good

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

yeah I'm probably gonna get that costco 65" cx, it's time gentlemen

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

It's not the C1, but anyone looking to get into the OLED game should wait for Black Friday

wow yeah, that deal is sick

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I bought the LG C1 65 inch. And a echogear mount for it. The tv uses M6 screws for the mount. Not sure on the length though. The mount came with 35mm and 12mm C6 screws. The 12mm seem way too short. The 35mm seem very long, though they do fit into the back panel with a tiny bit of room to spare. Its just that this tv is so thin! Will they somehow damage the panel? The tv surely has a stopper so the screw doesn't go in too long right? :ohdear:

Or should I just go buy some 20 or 25mm C6 screws to be safe.

I just did this and used m6 16mm with some washers. plenty of purchase there, you should be fine imo

if you're using the 35mm, does it not come with plastic standoffs or anything? another mount I got in the past handled it that way

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

a buddy of mine has a fiber optic 100ft cable going from his basement to his living room, and it works fine. I think for HDMI 2.1 stuff you need fiber over 10? 25? some distance or it won't work right, but I think for HDMI 2.0 you're gravy all the way to 100ft plus with most any cable

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

am I missing something or can I not do picture in picture with two HDMI inputs on my c1

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

FCKGW posted:

You tv will have full unpacking instructions either on the box or on a flyer inside. Just follow that and enjoy :)

the instructions don't properly convey the insane amount of stress you'll feel holding the thin rear end thing in your hands while you move it to where it goes

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Ihmemies posted:

I bought a C1 on BF sale. Only downside is that it dims the picture to nothing during extended dark scenes on HDR movies. That is extremely stupid.

this doesn't happen to me, what are you watching the movies on?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

man I thought my sonos arc + sub sounded really good but rtings is pretty hard on it, sheesh

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

there's a PS5 setting that I can't remember which the default is but the options are like:

HDR y/n
HDR for games that weren't designed for it y/n

you definitely want that second one off, in my experience with my C1

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

for my C1, I have a sonos arc plugged into the HDMI-ARC port to do audio, been working great. I'd like to reclaim that HDMI for use by another device. how much audio quality, or ease of use do you lose by swapping to optical out? I really only change the volume with the apple tv remote now, would I lose that?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

I don't care about Bluetooth so thanks for sharing that!

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

parents fuckin love Samsung the frames in my experience

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Wildtortilla posted:

The dude at the store was very clear that is not a possibility because i wasn’t able to load it into my car in a vertical position. Transporting away from the store laying on its back prevents me from returning it to the store. I talked to their online support and they scheduled a Best Buy crew to come to my house on Tuesday to deliver a new one and take away the broken one.

This whole thing is so loving stupid.

next time take it back to another best buy and tell them you transported it vertically the whole time

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Corb3t posted:

We love our Sonos Arc, but already had 2x Sonos One's to use as rears and limited space in our entertainment center. Our couch is only 10' away from the TV, so it's good enough for our space.

We also went this route a couple years ago when HDMI 2.1 receivers were less prevalent, prone to issues (Yamaha), and more expensive.

yeah our arc and sub setup rocks despite what audio heads will try and say about them suckin

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

now it's time to run a bunch of cables behind that wall

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

I use android and have Google home stuff and Apple TV is still far and away the best thing to use in my experience

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

I mean... that sounds like not a bug, but a not straight forward configuration issue. which is what that other poster was saying :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Also keep in mind if you get an Apple TV and your hope is to use Plex for everything, you might have to pony up the bucks for Infuse player to get flawless 4K/DV/HDR+/etc, because the Plex native client just absolutely shits the bed sometimes in unknowable ways