Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
New Luke is just a beast. With the right hand you could strike 4+ times with him each round. Also someone pointed out that while the speeder is nice with the whole discard for losing an edge battle those icons are really white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

PaybackJack posted:

I think Impersonating a Diety is pretty good. Occasionally starting the game with an Ewok in play is great, and Rash Action is huge kick in the junk along side Swindled. The Navy set is pretty much nothing right now but will probably be a staple in the next cycle. The Jedi set is solid. I actually kind of like it more in the current scheme than Yoda, I think a lot of the new Yoda's awesomeness comes from MtFBWYA which is such a great card for Jedi.

I'm really not sure what to think about the Sith set. I just think in the current run of decks it's really hard to take the balance away from the LS. Hate doesn't do a whole lot about that, and since the Believers are sacrifice at any time you could get stuck not even being able to drop them. Yeah, I think it's pretty terrible and the Cultist is overcosted. Same can be said for the Gammorean Palace Guard in the Scum set but since that's the first card that straight removes damage from an objective as a unit, I'd say it's safe to make him cost 1 more. He's still within the limit for playing and refreshing off a Pay Out as well.

I just wish they would have found a way to make the guards 2 cost so the pod would have more synergy with Jabba's pod.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

If you and your friend are into bounty hunters tour gonna wanna pick up two edge of darkness expansions.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Soulex posted:

but we need the core set with it right?

They also have multiple factions so it always doesn't have to be empire vs rebel, it can be empire vs smuggler or something along those lines? Or does it need to stay in the expansion like sith vs jedi?

Yea you need the core. Edge of darkness is the first deluxe expansion. It fills in some holes the core had as far as scum cards.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Soulex posted:

OK, couple of questions here.

Force affiliation adds a focus token on a card right? after those tokens are removed, are they allowed to attack and defend?
No what happens is you commit a character to the force and count their force pips in the force struggle. If you use a character that is commited to the force to attack or defend they become double focused and there force pips won't count until they are ready.

Soulex posted:

Winning the edge battle on defense really is just to prevent the attacker having an advantage on an objective?
Winner of the edge battle gets to strike first they also get to use their white abilities.

Soulex posted:

What happens if you go through your entire deck in play, do you reshuffle or do you forfeit?
Yea if you deck you forfeit.

Soulex posted:

It's not like MTG, where you buy boosters and decks in hopes of getting a rare card or something right? All cards are included in the expansion?
All of the expansions have 2 of each set with the exception of edge of darkness and balance of the force. Now you should get two edge of darkness. You only need on balance of the force because the sets all say limit of one per deck.

Soulex posted:

What are some things I should consider getting in addition to the actual cards. I've got some sleeves on the way, but I mean like a box to keep the cards in, different force token/damage tokens etc.
Team covenant tokens are pretty nice I have a set myself along with most of the people I play with.

Soulex posted:

Despite having objectives that you destroy and you draw new objectives, you only need to destroy three correct? For LS and DS? Or do you only win on DS if you get the dial up to 12?
Light side needs to take out three. Darkside needs to take out enough to get the dial to 12. Now normal three is enough but if you take them out fast enough darkside might have to take out 4 or 5. Mind you having to take out 4 is pretty rare.

frgildan fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 8, 2014

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

alg posted:

Wow, so they made Along the Gamor Run 1 of in the new FAQ. MTFBWY is now once per turn.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Star-Wars-LCG/support/FAQ/SWC-FAQ-low-res.pdf

Not happy playing against them, but not happy to have errata like that.

This is just a reaction to the delay in product. If they didn't do anything it would pretty much play out like nationals. Frozen meta is no fun for anyone.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Soulex posted:

Thanks for the lengthy response. So to clarify on the blast damage. If Red 5 attacks, I block and kill him, he doesn't do blast damage because that is done after the battle right? But if he survives, he does damage. And if a guy is focused, he can block but not do damage. This include blast damage correct?

That blast damage makes it harder now to win I think. Actually the Death Star bit but I always won't be imperial.

We play a mix of games, x wing, LCG, and soon to be Armada. Gonna see if I can teach the wife too.

It depends on who wins the edge battle. If light side wins Red five does his blast damage to the objective. Then dark side defenders would be able to attack Red Five. If dark side wins the edge battle they go first and choose which defender engages red five. Hopefully one of the defenders can one shot red five. Which prevents red five from doing its blast damage. The only blast damage done after the battle is unopposed.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Soulex posted:

Ah. Yeah I worded it weird. I meant after the defender and attacker go at it. Essentially we were wondering (I've been trying to compare it with MTG moves so he can understand a bit better) cause we didn't know if it got canceled out or not if he died. His argument was first strike, so if he wins edge battle and attacks, regardless of me blocking it, it should "trample" to the objective if I don't kill him. It's a new system so we are learning bit by bit. The game we played was pretty close to the rules from what I've gathered. It was mainly the battling that was causing questions.

I might just be having a brain fart, but attackers choose which defender they attack right? Cause that was another one of his "this doesn't seem right..." Things.

Who ever wins edge chooses which character to strike with first. After you've resolved all the icons on the card your opponent chooses which of his cards goes and then resolves all the icons for that one card. You keep switching till all of your and your opponents defenders/attackers have been resolved. So all the cards involved in the combat will either be focused or dead.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Lost a game on round 1 to the infinite Hobbie combo. I was kind of stunned that FFG hasn't errated it.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

FishFood posted:

Ok, I think I found it. You need A Hero's Trial in play, Rogue Squadron X Wing with Hobbie attached, and Well Paid in hand. Play Well Paid, and you can discard and reattach Hobbie at will during conflict for infinite attacks. It's an infinite combo, but it requires all three factions and four specific cards. I can see it being unfun to play against if it goes off, but I'd imagine the deck would be pretty janky otherwise.

e. If FFG decides this needs errata, I hope they just put a limit on something rather than resorting to the restricted list.

Yup this was it exactly. I mean the chances of pulling it off are slim and yes it's janky as all hell but still wiped me out on round 1 and I had no defence.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

alg posted:

Haha, no worries. I'm thinking if they restricted MTFBY and have Rebels/Smugglers reliable ways to generate shields the ease of playing Jedi/Sith would even out.

MTFBWY is the key. It just makes every other Jedi set even better.

If they add MTFBWY to the restricted list there's almost no Jedi decks that would be able to use it.
It's already been errated to only work once a round. It's powerful but not enough to be game breaking like before the errata.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I have a feeling that the Smugglers are so high because of people just splashing it into Jedi.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

EdsTeioh posted:

Do BtS and IE have full playsets or are they like EoD where you need 2?

They have two. The only time they did the 1 of was core and edge. That's because edge is core 1.5 for Smugglers and Scum.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

EdsTeioh posted:

Thanks! In a weird way, it makes me happy that I traded off all of my stuff that I got when the game launched. Still, though, since the game hit that lull, it looks like a lot of the stuff is going pretty cheap on the secondary market.

Yea FFG not releasing anything for almost a year after the Hoth cycle nearly killed the game early its life cycle. I've seen an uptick in my local Meta's numbers of interested players. Releasing stuff close to on time has helped.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

What pods was he running in his scum deck?

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

If your looking for a decent pod for that fighter deck try throwing in attack pattern delta.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

The crazy part about custom paint job is you can use it on an objective and not worry about resource lock.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I hope darkside gets some version of this card. Sith libraries could use a fresh coat of paint.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I've talked to alot of my local players and most think Destiny is the finale nail in the coffin. Why pay to support two Star Wars cards games when one is the clear winner were profit is concerned.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I still love playing them game but I've been finding it harder and harder to find players. I try to bring fun decks to my shops lcg night but it's mostly made up of AGOT and Netrunner. I've play Destiny with people and tried to get them interested but no one's bit yet. The sad part is a year or so ago we had a really good Star Wars meta.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Well it's now officially dead.https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/10/promise-of-power-1/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

They seemed to have locked themselves into only using stuff from the original trilogy time frame. While Destiny is anytime any place. So it's easier to sell people on it. Wanna play Darth Vader from the OT or prequel or play him as a good guy? All those options are available in Destiny.

Still this is the game that got me into LCGs and I'm going to miss it alot.

• Locked thread