Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
I didn't see War Day by Whitley Strieber and James Kunetka mentioned. It's somewhat of a more modern(mid 80s) and less localized take on Alas, Babylon.

It's a pretty low key book, featuring the authors(as themselves, oh Strieber you card you) travelling across America to get a feel for how life is in different parts of the country after a limited-scale nuclear exchange. It's all told through first-hand accounts, interviews, and government documents. I always liked it a lot and thought it evoked a good picture of what life might be like the day after the day after for the common survivor. I've probably read it 6 times in the last 20 years since I was a middle schooler.

The Moon Monster posted:

La Jetée is in interesting, short post apocalyptic film with the benefit that most of the students probably won't have seen it.

This would be a fabulous one for a class, since it is in fact pretty short and awesome. It also was the basis for 12 Monkeys, though that movie is uneven at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread