Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
XBL and steam name are same as my username. My xbox is almost exclusively for nazi zombies in CoD4/Blops1 and lately all I've been playing on steam is Chivalry.

I also spend far too much time playing supremacy 1914 which is kinda like a java based risk but there are several different maps to choose from and you can build battleships and tanks and poo poo. It's free and you can log in for a few minutes a day or spend hours micromanaging your provinces. Winning a round in under a month on 10 player maps and under six weeks on 30 player maps is considered quick so it's definitely not for those that demand fast paced action at all times. The other players are generally terrible so if you check it out please let me know so I can play with some regular dudes. in game name is abtar.
http://www.supremacy1914.com/index.php?id=78

RichieHimself fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

Guys I am super pumped for a thing

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/

Wing Commander guy is building an EVE meets Wing Commander game and it looks amazing

Hell yeah. I'm already growing my neck beard.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

My current computer is straight OG from when I built it in 2007 right after I got home. The video card died a while back and I had to put it in the oven which apparently cast some kind of spell on it because it's been carding videos like a champ ever since. I do need to upgrade some things though and I'm pretty sure having 1 GB of RAM these days is like having a really small wiener.

edit: loving alienware. I remember building $5000 alienware computers online during programing class in high school and just being like "One day bro, one day we'll have a computer as dope as this".

RichieHimself fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jun 23, 2013

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

Guys, I think world of warcraft ruined video games for me. I used to play the gently caress out of every game I could get my hands on. I'm talking 12+ hours straight in diablo I/II, doom, unreal tournament, red alert, age of empires, the total war games, anything call of duty, and on and on. Then I got sucked into WoW hardcore until I was playing 20+ hours a week with a goon guild and it became like a job. I was cruising around drunk and high as gently caress one night while my guild was super serious about blowing up some loving dude at the end of hyjal. I think I stood in the fire I was supposed to jump out of a couple times killing everyone before I got stuck in a mountain and just giggled to myself while people were losing their poo poo on ventrillo. At that point I remember games were supposed to be fun and quit the game shortly after.

Ever since then I haven't been able to really enjoy any games. At a certain point everything starts to feel like a grind and I bail out. Why put hours of my life into some thing made of computer technologies and pixels that can disappear tomorrow? I'd rather dig a hole a burn some wood. Or go out behind Wha Wha and break bottles.

Dr. Gi(digital)P, is there any hope for me?

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

Third World Reggin posted:

What if someone did more than one review? Racist.

What if not everyone did a review? Most likely I'd say at best 50% left a review. Therefore, gentlemen, I believe it is safe to assume a baseline of 308 unique penis impressions. Interestingly enough, this only covers those penises encountered on the job. If we examine the "off the clock activities" we most assuredly will find that number doubled, or possibly even tripled. A potential source of error comes in with the location of insertion. Unfortunately the data just doesn't support further exploration of this issue. Perhaps the question on diameter of expansion in the various openings is best left to a colleague more dedicated than I.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

Godholio posted:

Your choices thus far point more toward ponies than a shooter, frankly.

Dusted.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

Dudes I got this BF4 poo poo, origin name is richiehimself. I'll probably stumble into the multiplayer stuff at some point today as long as I don't get too drunk and wander off

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

Spent a few hours running around in dayz yesterday. I found a dude just standing behind a building so I punched him in the head and stole his backpack and pants. Finally made it to a city of sorts and started finding cool poo poo and then I lagged out on some stairs and apparently fell to my death. Even with that I think I'm hooked on this game. What server do you guys play on?

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

I'm just running around Dayz solo and it's still really fun. Most annoying thing so far is if I get disconnected and log back in right away or switch servers, sometimes all my gear is gone and I'm back on the beach. I can accept getting caught out in the open and getting rolled up, but losing everything just because really chaps my rear end.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

Fart Sandwiches posted:

It's grayed out. You can only respawn if you're already dead or unconscious.

Walk up to a wall, hit v, as soon as your guy starts doing the step over things animation log out. Log back in and you're free playa.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

The server I was on last night was gone this morning so I joined a new one and it restarted me back on the beach. I spotted a black lady nearby apparently getting a feel for the controls and I took my frustration out on her by punching her to death and stealing her shirt to make rags. I haven't died to a zombie or player in 2 weeks, but server changes have wiped me out probably 10 times. Still an awesome game.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

Guys, if you're cruising around Rust and see some giant mountains do not go over those mountains. It was crazy steep and I had to hop the last bit to make it to the top, but on the other side nothing spawns. No animals, no wood piles, no rocks, nothing. I sprinted in the same direction for an hour and a half or so and eventually made it to water, shot some arrows at the moon, and then threw myself off of a cliff.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

tuluk posted:

list of games for me:
red baron
x-wing/tie fighter
quake 1/quake 2
die by the sword multiplayer
dungeon keeper series
freespace 2
homeworld series
syndicate wars

Red Baron ruled. I miss shooting tiny red squares into balloons and blowing that poo poo up.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

Origin gave me deadspace for free and I played that poo poo for like 10 minutes until I couldn't take the camera angle anymore. Who the gently caress thought that was a good idea?

edit: for those that have not played, camera angle is from over the right shoulder which makes moving around and seeing things a challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

zombie303 posted:

i bought like 3 gift copies if anyone missed it

I'll take one if you have any left, steam name and SA name are the same.

zombie303 posted:

I've been meaning to try fantasy football for once. We should do a GIP league.

Totally, PM me and let's get something going.

• Locked thread