Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Steam/PSN- Foxmedik

I basically play CS:GO on steam, and Capcom fighters on the PS3/PS Vita. I have an Xbox 360, but I'm barely on it for games.

Board Game night would be cool though. I do have Catan and Uno on my 360, but I'm usually not free on Fridays. We'll see how it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Wargame: European Escalation is 10 bucks right now. Pretty sure I'm jumping on this.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

BULLETS CURE ISLAM posted:

yeah im gonna give up on tryin to enjoy civ im like 5 hours in and still on the same game??? on a tiny map???

gently caress man i didnt know games lasted this long no thx

I've had 12 hour games, easily.

I just started playing Dark Souls tonight and holy poo poo, I'm addicted.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

I'm on hour 4 of a game with at least another 4 hours to go. Part of the fun is working a long-term strategy or having it all fall to pieces only to bumfuck some other semi-workable plan into action.

My best game ever came down to Ghandi vs Me. He kept attacking my borders, but just skirmishes, nothing that would really cause any real damage. Finally I said gently caress it, and sent the majority of my military in and hosed poo poo up.

By the time I got to his capital I realized he was 4 turns away from a Space Race victory. I had to get as much of my force as possible to attack the shuttle pieces, and force him to stop building the cockpit. I ended up taking 2 of the Giant Death Robots in and just laying waste to as much as possible, then nuking India with half my forces still in country.

I won a time victory that game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

..-. ..- -.-. -.- / - .... . / -.-. --- .-- -... --- -.-- ...

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

-- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / .. ... / ..-. --- .-. / --. .- -.-- .-.. --- .-. -.. ...

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Hey Civ V and Gods and Kings are on sale right now on Steam.

$15 for both Civ V and G+K is worth it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also how do you assign a religion? i just got a msg that it was too late to make a pantheon or some poo poo and still cant do anything w/ it and its like the 1990s

Pantheons may not be founded once a religion has been enhanced and there are as many pantheons in the world as allowed religions.

If you build up shrines and poo poo early on, then you can send prophets to other countries which helps out a lot with diplomacy stuff.

BTW you can make the game a lot faster by doing this setting the game pace in the settings menu. Takes less time to build infantry, wonders etc and then at the same time you will be able to do the Space Race in less turns.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

poo poo I actually have the game, i'll install it now

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah you also keep giving the same lulz name for server for vent and not an actual ip

thats the game server
when you log into defcon you'll see the server list
that's ronald reagans whatever

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

highlight of the game

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

or england

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i dont even know how you won gently caress you

basically he killed japan

and no one knew how to attack him

now we do

or at least i do

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ps Shim i nuked the gently caress outta the west coast

gently caress LA

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i destroyed africa so i get the moral victory imo

I destroyed LA and England

Gordon Ramsay is almost certainly dead

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

moker are you newplayer

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

who is the new newplayer

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

work just blew up, gotta sit out now

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

I think we can hold up for a bit, it's just me and HeyEng in the server right now-- we'll keep it running for when HDI and KombatMedik can get back in

derik you out for the night? moker?

I'm prolly out for the night man, but thanks

indians are blowing up servers right now, and now i'm pissed off

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

sent you a friend invite on steam (foxmedik)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Got 2 copies of DOTA 2, who wants em.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Bought Dark Souls because why the gently caress not, life's challenging enough as it is might as well go backwards 20 years in video game difficulty.

I'm gonna die. A lot.

Dark Souls loving owns. It's awesome as hell.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Steam is having a couple days where it'l going to have the "best of" sale this weekend.

If W:EE comes up again, I think I'll grab it finally. All I bought this time was Dark Souls and I gifted a copy of Walking Dead to a buddy. Way below what I usually spend on Steam sales.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Games for Windows Live! is the biggest bunch of loving garbage. I just had to enter a CD Key and manually download an update to get Dark Souls working. A CD KEY. IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD 2013.

Yup.

See also: Arkham Asylum/Arkham City/Bulletstorm

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Veins McGee posted:

In Civ 4 you can have as many units as you want in a hex.

Towers of death on a single square.

It's easily the best thing Civ IV has over Civ V

Along with Nimoy doing the narration

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Civ IV: Complete Edition is 7.50 on Amazon.

Someone tell me if it's a micro management nightmare or not.

Civ IV with Beyond the Sword is probably the best turn based strategy game I've ever played.

Get it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Well now I'm set. Now with my sudden influx of cash, I can probably nab a laptop for school and replace this old macbook air that I've been using. Pretty sure my productivity will drop immensely if I can sneak turns in between classes.

That macbook air will probably run Civ IV pretty decently.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I played through the leveling stuff in MOP- It's certainly fun and looks fantastic, but once you hit endgame it's nothing but rep grinds.
I started doing the first couple areas for the reps, but after a month I just gave up. It's a great expac, but I'm done.

After I got loving cursed in Dark Souls, I took a break and came across this in youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvRYVSQS2_s

Cue me reinstalling Quake 2 and grabbing the fanmade music patch. I'm shocked that the Steam version allows 1920x1080 res, but gently caress I Haven't played this in about 13 years now.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

I'm probably going to level my Paladin from 85->90 and make a monk. I should be able to experience probably 90% of the expansion that matters in the 10 day trial. I highly doubt that I'll resub for anything.

MoP Paladin is basically the exact same as Cata Paladin, except you have 2 more Holy Power now.

Which is to say it's complete poo poo compared to Lich King Paladin.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

It plays a lot like Cata did, but flows a lot better, if that makes sense. Looks and sounds great too.

But honestly, gently caress the rep grind. I had enough after Molten Front.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WOTLK was the best for everything. (Mostly for the Paladins)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

X-Com is 25 bucks right now on Amazon, and I got a 5 dollar credit I can use on it.

Think it's time to pull the trigger.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Game is so good do it now.

It's done. Downloading now. Happy that the game is Steamworks.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

So what mode should I play? I played one of the old xcoms once or twice wayyyyy back in the day.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

CoH is dead in the water since THQ was eaten alive by their creditors. I don't even know who has the IP anymore.

Sega bought Company of Heroes.

edit: Here's the full breakdown.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/23/thq-bid-winners-prices-and-runners-up/

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I'm shocked that Sega bought it, but with Total War I guess it makes a lot of sense.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I've been playing a ton of fighting games lately- mainly UMvC3, SF4 and Dead or Alive 5, all on PS3. Anyone down?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Dude how is the DoA series? I am a Tekken fanboy at heart. Jin y'all.

DoA's gotten a lot better with each addition- 5 is a lot of fun, and probably some of the most fun levels I've seen in a fighting game. Certainly worth playing, but the community seems to be running back to UMvC3/SSF4AE (especially since it was free on Playstation Plus a few weeks back).

I've never been a Tekken fan, ever, but everyone keeps telling me to try Tekken Tag 2. I played SF x T, and it just felt way too wonky for me. I'd rather have SF or Marvel, not some weird mashed together nonsense.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Looks like I can get DoA 5 for cheap. I may pick it up although playing fighting games solo gets old.

Get it on PS3 and we can punch each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I am willing to draw penises on a map of the world while networked with you.

• Locked thread