Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

I've been putting all my mkv files into mp4 for my new appletv so that i don't need to use an iOS device for airplay. xmedia recode is great takes like 3min to turn an mkv into an mp4 that plays on everything instead of mkv which is locked to the computer or plex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

when are we going to get film shot regularly at super high resolution and at high fps so that I can feel like I am watching the movie through my window and not like i am watching a movie. I basically want my tv to be recessed into my wall and then i can look through it into a world of magic movies that look real.

is there any good reason it has taken this long to get to 48fps which afik was just so that you had 24hz per eye besides the film industry being weird. Like is there a real benefit to lower FPS

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

What is stopping us from getting ultra realism out of movies? Is it resolution, color depth, framerate? A combination of all of them? I want some uncanny valley poo poo where its uncomfortable to look at a movie

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

if you are really pirating media and have an apple tv don't use plex and airplay just loving remux your videos to freakin .mp4 you can even break the rules of the container and throw in AC3 at max bitrate and say gently caress the police as you watch Bad Boys II on your apple TV

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

I'm using an Nvidia card that was released after that article was written to convert Girls to mp4 for my girlfriend. I think it's okay

don't reencode stuff that just needs to be remultiplexed jeeze. use mkv2mp4, subler, or xmedia recode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

pagancow posted:

If you want to become better at operating an NLE, play Starcraft:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3559092

It really helped me improve my short term memory, and just moving my hands around the keyboard all crazy.

I went from remembering stuff in like 10 clips at a time to about 20 clips.

There's some research going on trying to find out what playing Starcraft does for other short term mental skills, but all the ones you use in an NLE and editing are the sames ones you use in Starcraft.

starcraft really teaches you how to use your keyboard super efficiently to manage groups of things and i would bet the skills carry over to a lot more than just NLE editing. There was some research on FPS games and RTS games having profound effects on reaction speed and poo poo like that where we have gamers seeing the same lag that jet pilots see in simulators or something like that.

• Locked thread