Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
why cant i hear dialogue in netflix but explosions r loud i have 2 speakers and me thing is set to stereo pleas help. i have a onkyo head unit thing that is meant for music i think. it has speak outputs for PHONO, CD, TAPE1, TAPE2. my spoeaker r jbl things

do i need a headunit and a center channel 4 dialogue? if so, is there a modestly priced head unit and speaker thing. tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
thnk u :tipshat:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pagancow posted:

get schooled here nerds

History of AR.
https://vimeo.com/68830569

skip to :35

thanks for this. I saw How the West was Won @ the Cinerama Dome (in Cinerama) in Hollywood a while ago and it was incredible.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pagancow posted:

pagancow wtf are you talking about? I'm glad you asked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTqR7XkBEj4&t=90s

actually informative and very nicely presented. thanks pagancow

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
in college i shot some movie on color reversal with this crank camara and edited it with a razor blade and double perf splicing tape. that was the poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Install Gentoo posted:

i really wish SED had made it to market

this looks cool and would own

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
hey is a decent cheap deck that can put minidv into my normal pc w/ no super fance cards

my mbp died :rip: n i dont have any way to get crap into computer now

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
thnk u

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Install Windows posted:

enabling write caching by default on removable drives is dumb as hell, sorry.

microsoft made the smart, consumer focused move; aple continues using a dumb thing that both nextstep and mac os classic did.

windows is the objectively superior operating system, os x is trash

ps: write caching doesn't actually improve performance

this is what yospos is all about

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
:rimshot:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
quicktime ... for the lose

gg no re

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i got a steadicam shirt in a swag bag, do you think i can pick up chicks who confuse me for a totally tubular steadicam operator?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
no, but i think i can grow one last one before my hair gives up the ghost and falls out completely

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
yes!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nomnom Cookie posted:

GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR

trilinear filtering my team fortress classic, ballin 1999 style

qft epic thissery

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i calibrated teh spekers 2 my spot on the couch, -... others dont know i getting teh superior vieiwng xperiance. :coal:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
y bother lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

chumpchous posted:

lol at having good sounding speakers. if you watch anything with actual dynamic range you're going to sit there terrified that your upstair/downstair neighbors will call the cops on you

watched 2001 last weekend and had to turn it up and down between the dialog/music sequences

i h8 this krappola. my remote is glued 2 my hand b/c im addicted to crazy courtesy

i also use headphones most of the time b.c otherwise its "SMYTHE TURN THAT drat TV DOWN" every 2 mins :qq: or even *bursts into living room in bathrobe w/ makeup half applied* "WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOI!?"!?!?!?!" fml just fml

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sniep posted:

when you put it that way, i guess that would be a pretty awesome gig to just gently caress around with during the day and make friends with skillz and jam out after work with some 4:20 and prolly live pretty happy

i know a guy who does voicework as orc #325 and poo poo and he is literally rich

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

echinopsis posted:

two speakers can create a sweet long oval

hey there i have 2 speakers and i cant hear poo poo literally ever is there a solution or faq?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
hey that bottom pic is all hosed up man

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i can 360 railgun a dude w/ 10 fps on a pentium 2 idk why ud need 60 for anything

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
robocop ftw all years

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
make ur prog open source 2 destroy all comers w/ free softweare, ftw

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jimmy Carter posted:

I was wondering how their products got around HDCP.

Turns out they're just using the analog hole for now.

lol just lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
film isnt art

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
neither are paintings

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
nothing on planet earth has any artistic value

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nomnom Cookie posted:

my dilz is art

u can tell when a woman sees it she immediately drops to her knees in awe & hunger

that stuff coming out of her mouth is vomit, not saliva...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i got a 11 a lot of teh colors were like big blobs of teh same color lol idk

i cant see poo poo ever. my glasses are all outa date and poo poo its tragic. i gotta move things in and out of focal distance argh

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i cant see poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jimmy Carter posted:

so :filez: is still better than netflix (ignoring the MKV comedy)?

depends on what generous file-baron shitlord encoded his blu ray rip

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
encode ur pile of dvds into the garbage can imvho

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pagancow posted:

last night i had this yvcpos dream where I was setting up a desktop computer to a theater projector and then all of a sudden people came in going "no man, we're scheduled to show off our LUTs we came up with" so I go down into the theatre and people have already taken all the sweet spot seats (Even though only 3 people were sitting in the block of 12) so I had to sit all the way on the very side, horrible viewing angle.

when the presentation starts, the guy was like "hyuck hyuck, look at these Look Up Tables I came up with to put over the original Star Wars" and it looked like the guy had taken single points on R G and B curves individually and just randomly shifted them about and poo poo was just gross. I was devastated in multiple ways.

you could say it was a YVCPOS nightmare

wow

ur disturbed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Hey pagancow my dad just complained about 3:2 pulldown

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

yeah i thought about that but he doesnt want to let his phone go

have him hold the phone up to his webcam while he skypes u and u caputure the skype with camtasia trial version

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
how do u find out how many nits ur thing is? do u need sum kind of specialized tool? i tried to look this up but it didnt work

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*flames erupt from body and then i disintegrate into a pile of ashes and some maintenance man w/ a brookyln accent comes in and sweeps the pile into a rolling trash can*

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i turned the brigtness down on my monitor thanks pagancow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
gloss vs matte opinions? folks?

• Locked thread