Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

it always did a pretty poo poo job at playing stuff anyway. i messed around with it for a while before giving in and spending £60 on a wdtv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

.ram, libraries to be a hand composed .pls file

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

so is premiere good now then?

and has anything replaced final cut server at the same sort of price point yet?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

echinopsis posted:

hell yeah the info/min rate is almost perfect. none of this spending 5 minutes talking about what the video is going to be about, then talking at about one vague idea per minute while hamfistedly doing something on screen and then mucking up and apologising for it

would unironically watch more of this guy talking

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

thats the most horribly disjointed video ever. how many times do they need to say that it gets the framerate from the composition settings.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

also the audio goddamn

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

youtube have a page dedicated to how to encode your videos for maximum quality, including poo poo like 30Mbps for 720p video, which is more than pretty much any broadcast. reencodes it as soon as you upload anyway into some shittastic mess.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

saw a trailer on broadcast tv last night for a show where they had tried to use a film grain effect

im sure it looked good on their monitors but it was some pretty shameful poo poo once 1080i had been compressed to fit into 6mpbs

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Max Facetime posted:

there is!

with one editor for the movie
and another editor for the sound

you too can create a youtube masterpiece! like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR0aswHBPq0

lol is that a popup ad

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

got my eyes on a dell ultrasharp 24" 4k when its released next month or whatever. gently caress the cheap panels.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

external lcds designed to go into signs and be readable in sunlight are 1500 nits. who the gently caress needs 4000 in their house.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

tn panels are poo poo in every situation

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

wont look any worse than broadcast hd already does

other than the addition of rolling shutter and some wobble

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i'm director/editor john labella using sony vegas

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:yosbutt:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the htc version would have the phone breaking halfway through and then the kids christmas being ruined because the service center just smashed it with a hammer before sending it back with a "why did you smash your phone? service denied bitch" note attached.

so theres that

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

complaining that imovie doesnt do timecode is like marking down a flip camera because it doesnt do sdi out

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

pagancow posted:

No it's more like complaining that the flip camera doesn't have a screen or viewfinder

youre right having perfect sync between all the different angles on my home movie about christmas imovie project is vital. cant even colour correct properly, imovie is trash and nobody should make professional content with it

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i am in awe

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

yes but for other reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

it doesnt have stretched clipart stick men and theres not enough wordart. also the background being black looks a bit too professional.

• Locked thread