Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

psylent posted:

I don't know why I did it, but I started playing Farmville Fighters Clash of Clans.

I refuse to spend any real money on it.

Ive started that too. Things start to get super grindy once your buildings are level 4+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Klungar posted:

I thought I had read that Ghost Trick was free, but having saved the dog, I now find that I have to spend $10-$15 to unlock the rest of the game. Did I just misread, and if so, is it worth the money to unlock the rest of the chapters?

The initial chapter is free. If you enjoyed it then buy the rest. Its less hand holdy since the initial chapter is mostly tutorial.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'd like to enjoy Rad Soldiers more, but every menu in the game seems to ping back to the server and it fails fairly often. That and long load times.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fishbus posted:

Hello, sir. What device are you using? I'll forward this on to the guys and see what we can dig up on this front!

I was playing on my 4S phone and 3rd gen ipad. Load times didnt seem too different between the two, but still seemed longer than most other games. I had significant issues with my account when I tried logging with both devices, with the game not recognizing exp and levels gained between the two and continuously launching the free soldier selection on the second device I tried it on, my 4S, so I just wiped it from my ipad and continued just playing on my 4S. I'm located in Australia. Some days the store seems fine, but on others, trying to get into them is impossible.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

TACD posted:

Nah. It getsYou will go insane a long way before that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm playing it too. You get protection from attacks depending on how brutalized you were in your last one. Getting all your stuff flattened gives you a 24h shield. I'm at the stage where my mines are taking 4+ days to upgrade tho. :gonk:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

For Blockheads: Are games stored on devices or clouded? How well does it play between a phone and a pad?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, you can only play in games with people who own the same sets as you do for Ascension. So if you own all of them, you can join any game, but your friends will be restricted to games using sets they own.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Man, Summoner Wars is a bit disappointing. It was only 99c to get everything during the sale though. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What devices are you using? And how are you going to keep them charged for 24 hours?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Keystoned posted:

So a few days back everyone was posting about being super excited about Clash of Heroes and I decided to grab it. Funny thing, when I searched for it the closest match I could find was Clash of Clans. After checking out the screens / descriptions I decided that it was probably the game everyone was talking about and grabbed it and started playing.

After about 5 minutes I thought to myself "really, this is game that SA loves? It seems like a cool idea but goddamn I'm still in the tutorial and the IAP is just being shoved down my loving throat."

I lasted a few more days before realizing that Clash of Heroes just wasn't out yet, and the game I was playing really was a piece of poo poo. It's a shame cuz I think the idea behind Clash of Clans is pretty cool and really appeals to me but goddamn, it's the worst IAP whorish game I've ever played.

It's Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes. It's been out for a week in most areas, though YMMV.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sounds good in theory, but fitting it into mobile play patterns is another thing altogether. Zaga33 and Dungelot seem to do them very well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pan Ache posted:

I'm loving the ghost trick "demo" is the rest of the game worth the $10? Also what other plot based games are there on iOS?

Oh yes, Ghost Trick is absolutely worth it. Walking Dead is on iOS, if you havent tried it on other platforms.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Royal Scrub posted:

Anyone have some words on Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes?

Strategy RPGs can be pretty hit or miss with me, but I can really get into them if they have good battle systems or unique classes or something to grab me. Is it good?

It's more like a match 3 puzzle battle game with RPG dressings.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've been playing Clash of Heroes on my iPad, so the controls havent been as much of an issue. What I would like is an animation speed slider though. Some turns take forever.

And I am so bad at chaining and linking stuff.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god Little Inferno. Everything's on fire! :supaburn:

p.s. buy Little Inferno

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The latest order I'm filling in Happy Street is for a love potion and a bunch of ropes to be delivered to a robot's basement. :staredog:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

OMGzKakaniz posted:

Finished Little Inferno today and it was well worth the price. The ending was pretty incredible. Anyone play World of Goo? I haven't seen much talk about it and always made an excuse not to buy it but Little Inferno and World of Goo look to go hand-in-hand. This thread ends up costing me so much money :ohdear:

Yes, yes the do. If you liked LI, get Goo!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I just listen to goons for opinions on games. :kiddo:
I like the free with IAP additions model more now than I did when I first came up against it. If a game's terrible, I'm no worse off other than losing a few minutes on the train. If it's good, I'll happily toss money at the IAP goodies. If I'm still playing it months later, I'll definitely be picking up IAP periodically.

Kind of bums me out about Dungelot, because it seems like it'd be a perfect game for iap addons. So now there's no option but to grind.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

bunky posted:

I've been playing this all weekend. Really fun.

I on the other hand, have been getting owned by anyone that isnt Furry. :cripes:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ghost Trick has the best dog character ever.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

gently caress you Demon players with Celerity Ring! (that's my gimmick and I'm sticking to it!)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yes, my gimmick weapon is a bundle of dynamite.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Eschers Basement posted:

The battle against the pub bouncers. They only have access to Nightmares as a special, and they invariably form a Nightmare on turn 1 leading to two or three of them launching at me on Turn 5, and I've got 21 hp, so they flatten me. Meanwhile, they have at least 30 hp, so even when I've gotten my nightmares out on the same scale, it's not enough.

Really, it's probably the rng being a complete dick (oh, did he form five sets on the first turn? And all my specials are buried under non-matching crap? Great!) and that I haven't unequipped Succubi to join in the Nightmare trample. Which is me refusing to believe the game is so badly designed that accepting free new units screws you completely.

I thought you might have been talking about the silly cannon fight at the start, but the nightmares arent that hard to deal with, especially with succubi since they have awesome AOE attacks, and fusing them will wipe those guys out pretty quick. I'd have to guess that yes, you are being screwed by the random placements.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Another one for the Jones buried in a hill bug. Happened when I slid up a ramp into a flat section. At the intersection, looks like I clipped under the ground plane and went into the dirt.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Got the 'stumble over a log' and 'jump over a log' mission at the same time. Make your minds up kitties!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Goddamnit Clash of Heroes, why do you have to be so buggy and lovely at syncing?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bummey posted:

I can stump it pretty easily by picking obscure characters from unknown books, but anything from the mainstream is a sure pick for that genie bastard.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

After coming off Ridiculous Fishing, I was hoping that Nimble Quest'd have tilt as an option.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I exploited the infinite loot cheat in Happy Street and upgraded my manufacturing buildings to the maximum. Which means the most complex items now only take 4 hours to make instead of 8. :negative:

If it werent for the story bits...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sometimes it works. Sometimes the game remembers how far in the future you've been and refuses to cough up more til you reach the future.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Beastie Bay is probably Kairosoft's meatiest entry ever. There's just so much poo poo to do everywhere!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

PFlats posted:

Everything. Happens.

So.

Slowly.

I felt like I was always waiting for my guy to do something instead of actually doing something in Beastie Bay. I couldn't hack it.

Its not so bad once you figure out that to get anything done, you need to build up a workforce of slavesfriends equipped with work gear farming everything in sight. Especially land tiles that give you presents since those can turn out to be tokens. Having dozens and dozens of monsters wearing headbands and rags mining the poo poo out of everything, while tourists watch.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Happy Street and Beastie Bay.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its really hard to enjoy games when their developers are here being assholes all the time. Guess the loving joke's on me, I already bought the stupid red gems. :downs:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Force quit the game?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Try out Happy Street and Ridiculous Fishing.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Beastie Bay has a 6 year span before you get rated and a transfer file is created. Thankfully, you can create a transfer file at any time after that with 20 tokens, so you can fart around on your first run and accumulate a whole bunch of goodies and beasts, then export that save for a second run with pimped-out murdermonsters.

I've also introduced a class system for the beasts, where my main bunch of adventurers live pampered lives in exchange for getting beaten up, while the rest work 24/7 harvesting resources. :ussr:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Get Ascension anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sorcery is pretty great. The moment I left the starting village I had to kill a person in self defense, his pals kidnapped me and took all my stuff, and I've been starving and gotten into more fights because I cant pay for anything. I'm the worst adventurer!

• Locked thread