Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I hope there are psychologists chronicling all the Battle Camp posts in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

aegof posted:

There any iphone games that resemble X-Com: EU's base management layer? Besides the game itself, which I have a console for.
I enjoy the balancing act between upgrades and satellites and expansion in the game and sometimes find myself wishing I could just skip the missions and go straight to the results so I can get back to building/researching/buying/selling. If I could play Enemy Unknown without having to do the fighting aliens bits myself, I'd be pretty happy.

:psyduck:

I can understand not having a taste for the tactical battles but I can't wrap my head around citing XCOM's strategic layer as a particularly interesting one.

edit: Sim City if you had a 8x8 grid on which to plop one of 10 buildings, maybe.
vvv

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 4, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Kitten Baubles posted:

Marvel Puzzle Quest actually gave out free premium currency (hero coins) via a notification today. Did everyone get that? If so it's a really good sign they might be trying to adopt how PAD handles the IAP.

I haven't gotten it but I just started playing yesterday.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Just got prompted to update Marvel Puzzle Quest from the preview version to Semicolon: Dark Reign.

edit: actually the title screen still says preview edition

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 9, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Oh man this new event for Marvel Puzzle Quest is amazing if you leveled your Avengers. So many opponents with just Iron man and no backup or a level 1 Hawkeye and Black Widow. :getin:

They let me use Bagman Spider-man for most of the day but now he's suddenly locked out. :(

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I was gonna go with "but what did you really lose?"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

axleblaze posted:

I really don't find it bad at all and don't see it as being much worse than TT in any way that I've noticed.

The faintest praise.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cbet posted:

I'm the developer of Hoplite. I have nine promo codes left and I'm sick of emailing them to review sites that are never going to use them so here you go.

http://codehookup.com/3531cbc8

I hope someone enjoys it.

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

There's a difference between merely satisfactory graphics and grotesque/distracting graphics. Your post is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Flappy Bird trends on twitter like twice a week.

• Locked thread