Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Any advice for the Quest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
In the Quest is there any penalty to wearing heavy armour an using magic? It's kind of ingrained in me by DnD that casters should only wear robes. Also is there any way to keep track of quests? I got the one at the beginning town where you have to save the mayors wife but she doesn't want to come but I don't know where to find the mayor to tell him.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
For Nimble Quest: Any strategies on what to spend my gems on first? What leaders to level up first? What leaders are best for the arena? Etc.

Also does only your first arena score count towards the guild total? Also, it looks like TA is winning.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Thanks, how much of an increase in pace do you see from buying the red gems upgrade? Are they all over the place or is it a waste of money? It's hard to tell because its bit just a flat multiplier.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Is the nameless guild at the top of he leader board just people who didn't bother to put in a name or just put in a space in the guild screen? Is that a bug?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Can anyone give me a hand with renaming the wrestlers in Wrestling revolution? I can get some of the obvious ones like Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Undertaker but my wrestling knowledge isn't good enough to recognise some of them. Or else I see two characters who look similar to one wrestler.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Bummey posted:

Post pictures of ones you're not familiar with.

Do you know who the guy with the pink trousers and pink armbands is in the All American Wrestling Roster? He's at the top of the sixth column. I thought he was Bret or Owen Hart or Neidhart but they're all in the Canadian roster.

For anyone crazy enough to want to edit the names to match real life I found these three pages useful but be warned, they're not exhaustive and I'm not sure they're right!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1363269
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=167743&page=5
http://www.mdickie.com/wm2008_names.htm

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

It's made by MDickie, so I figure his website is probably right about them :v:

I think that list is from an older version of the game though so he has adapted certain names and other names are not even included. Brock Lesner for example I think is in a different stable with a different first name but still has Laser in his last name. In any case I couldn't use that list to translate all the names and had to use the other two lists as well.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I'm currently trying to decide between the iPad and iPad mini. Is there a significant in terms of gaming besides screen size? Say I wanted to play Avadon would the mini suffer in terms of gameplay?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Can anyone recommend choose your own adventures on iPhone?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Bummey posted:

The Gamebook Adventure series is great.

There are a bunch of other Choice of _____ games, too. Some are free.

Any in particular?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Are there any other decent iOS review sites other than touch arcade?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I tried Choice of Broadsides and Romance and they had their high points but both seemed quite short and the relationship parts were awkward. Are the rest of the "Choice of" Games the same?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Actually a somewhat linear choose your own adventure I enjoyed was "cause of death." It's a police procedural and fun if you enjoy those kind of TV shows and wanted to dabble in playing the detective. Some minor puzzle solving and sometimes the choices are more of a test of if you can choose the right path rather than there being real branching. The first episode is free if I remember correctly so it's worth a try! I haven't played all that is available.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Is there an easy way to choose between slash'EM and POWDER?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Does anyone have advice for Real Racing 3? A friend has been smack talking to get me to download it to play him and so I must crush him.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I just got an iPad mini and was wondering if someone could fill me in on all the iPad only games I've been missing out on all this time?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
No I have an iPhone so I've already played Pocket Planes, Tiny Tower, Nimble Quest, etc. so I'm looking for stuff that is iPad only and I haven't been able to play before.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Any other iPad only suggestions besides Battle of the Bulge?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Thanks for all the recommendations! Does anyone know when that FFT update is coming? I've been waiting months since it was announced.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Pray For Death posted:

Incoboto
Aquaria
Waking Mars
Brogue
Avadon and/or Avernum
Windosill
Liquidsketch
Wonderputt
Fetch
Machinarium

And theres a slew of same-device multiplayer games that are great for parties. Let me know if you're interested in their names.

Edit: sad I missed the crab avatars :(

Thanks! Sure I'd love more recommendations!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Are any of the gamevil Baseball Superstars games significantly better than the rest or are they all pretty much the same?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
The payment method for say the same thing bananas seems ludicrous though.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
How accurate a review is this for Warhammer Quest?

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2013/05/29/in-warhammer-quest-the-emperor-has-no-dice/

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
What does resetting quests in town do in Warhammer Quest? Does it mean I can do the same quests again or do I get a fresh quest line?

Also, why would you retire an adventurer? Because they get bad stat rolls?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
In WQ are there only 9 main story quests or does each down have 9 quests?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Didn't someone have some new spoilery advice along the lines of if you're going to play FFT you should get auto potion on the main character in chapter some thing by doing something to save yourself a world of hurt?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Is it worth trying to get Black Knight on Ramza in FFT? Or is it just a thankless grind for diehards and not good for a first run?

Is there a best way to do it?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Thanks to everyone for the advice and PFlats for the detail!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Is the chemist supposed to be 100% reliable? I keep using potion and having nothing happen. Can you target empty squares or something? I'm pretty sure I can see the portraits though. Does there have to be direct line of sight even if they're in range in the red grid?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Thanks, that was irritating!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
In FFT is it okay to dismiss all the generics except for the four I use?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I'm playing FFT for the first time and went a little crazy with the physical side. I have 2 generic guys with access to all the physical side classes, 1 generic girl with access to all the physical classes, Ramza has access to all the physical classes and 1 girl who's about to get Arithmetics. Maybe I should switch my physical girl to magic and then I'll be better prepared? As to where I am:

I just handed the princess over to the shady priest dude to take the machinest to the clockwork city. And I can't seem to find Katanas anywhere. I heard some are difficult to find so I shouldn't use them for Iaido?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
In FFT are Iaido skills worth the effort on Ramza? If not maybe second monk him with chakra, purification etc? What's a good second class for dragoons?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
With KotOR coming out is there even a slim chance we might one day get Mass Effect?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I was wondering if they might port any more awesome modern RPGs besides KotOR. Maybe Jade Empire could work? I've never played it though so it might be too action based. Fable was XBox generation wasn't it.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Any advice for collecting JP on a calculator in FFT? They're so slow! At the moment I just have Ramza keep trying to speed her up and have her cast haste on herself then on everyone else.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
You mean go and get dancer? I think I think it'd be quicker just leveling the calculator as is than trying to level up dragoon and geomancer to 5 since they're both still level 1 for her.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Originally I thought that calculators multiplied damage but instead it's all about enemy selection. Any hints?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Wow! That didn't take long! I wonder if it sold badly.

Man in FFT it feels like cheating just giving everyone rubber boots then nuking with my calculator!

• Locked thread