Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Phlegmish posted:

It's even better when it happens while you're laying siege to their only province with a huge army. Hmm yes, that certainly seems like a reasonable peace deal given the circumstances. I think they're hoping that you'll misclick.

That's probably what the AI is trying to do in CK2 when they agree to your terms for a betrothal and then spam you with marriage offers that are the opposite of your terms.

And then you break the betrothal and matrilineally marry them anyway so what was the point of that you jerk :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

What I don't get about this maps with a billion provinces is why the provinces aren't very uniformly sized.

Like you're increasing the number of provinces so that troop movement and warfare is better but then leaving it so that troops would move erratically and you won't be able to easily see who is moving where and to what.

Move a troop from one side of the country to the other and they'll move in a weird zig-zag instead of a straight line.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Drone posted:

I was bored and just recorded an hourlong intro video/very basic tutorial for DH: Kaiserreich. Would anyone be actually interested if I uploaded that to Youtube? Not as an actual longrunning LP, but as a general overview of Hearts of Iron and how it's different from other Paradox games like EU4 and CK2 that are maybe more accessible.

I would one billion percent like to watch this. I'm pretty alright with playing a game of EU2-4 or V1-2 but whenever I try to do some DH I just kinda do random things for 10 minutes and give up. A youtube video as a primer is exactly what I am looking for.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Trogdos! posted:

America seems to have a slight secessionist problem :v: even the natives decided to tell Uncle Sam to gently caress off. But hey, Texas is still a loyal part of the union :patriot:

edit; USA itself is a presidential dictatorship. No wonder people are mad.

edit2; now California seceded as well

I think the thing I like most about V2 is just seeing which random countries will become a thing in each play through. You get Confederate States of America lasting the whole game, the California Republic, I had Ottoman Kamchatka after Russia lost a big war.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

I want Victoria 3 to have economic warfare, let me take down my neighbours by loving over their industry and making them poor.

And is it just me or do you get to a point in V2 where you just have more money than you ever need?

• Locked thread